Do you barrack for the same team your Kids/ parents/ friends/ brother/sister etc do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 4, 2003
Other Teams
Essendon
personally my mum is a mad collingwood supporter hince my hatred of collingwood, dad was fitzroy couldn't bring himslef to support the lions so now he supports hateing the AFL, but has a soft spot for the doggie, kangas. As for friends (waits for derogatory comment ) no I don't support the same teams as all of them (some do) but generally I don't talk football with them (those who go for other teams) and vent my pity insecurities about buckley on internet forums :)

I barrack for Hawthorn. My parents follow Essendon, one of my brothers follow Richmond and the other one follows Hawthorn.

My uncle (my mother's brother) was an Essendon supporter, so my mother also supported Essendon. That's why my brother and I support Essendon.

A few of my friends also support Essendon, the others support either the Kangaroos or Carlton (at least, those that are reasonably interested in football).

My dad brainwashed me to be a richmond supporter. Started taking me to the games when I was 4, so now I'm a mad tiger supporter. Mums ****ed off she had plans of me being a carlton supporter but dad beat her to it so I grew up hating carlton :D

Originally posted by MarkT
My 10 month old son barracks for Collingwood - or else!

Lol my mum proberly said the same thing, depends on where your kid goes to school the friends he develops there (and who they barrack for) could influence his decision more than his parents believe it or not. And if u push him to early u risk him becomeing uninterested in the game only to become interested later and support another team. No doubt Eddie produces Propaganda/ brain washing tapes for people in your situation.

Me, my mum and dad and my brother and sister are all Collingwood supporters.

Two of my uncles were Collingwood supporters but moved to Brisbane from Ballarat and are now on the Lions bandwagon.
But their wives and children are all still Collingwood supporters. Another uncle is a mad Essendon fan.

Most of my other uncles, aunties and cousins still live in Ballarat and support Carlton, because they think seeings Val Perovic is their cousin that they have to barrack for Carlton, I would've picked the Sainters myself.

So to recap - the families down south are Carlton fans, the families up here in Brisbane are all Collingwood supporters except for the Bandwagoners that "support" the Lions.

...Repo Man...

Mum was an Essendon supporter until the end of 1974 (she married another Essendon supporter and '74 was rather depressing).

Nana and Grandpa became Essendon supporters in the 60's, because Dad cleverly combined Nana's team Norwood and Grandpa's team Collingwood. Nana, being an Adelaide girl, still follows the Crows.

My brother chose Sydney and I didn't have a hope of picking my team in 1975 (Dad put a beanie on my head virtually as soon as I was born!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My oldest brother started with the Hawks in 76 after the Flag, and we all followed by default. Dad was an indifferent Demons supporter (show me one who isnt).

My middle brother met Rene Kink at a mates birthday party in 1982 (he was 13), and decided to switch from the Hawks to the Pies... Missing out on the next 7 grand finals in a row. :D

To his credit, he still follows the Pies today.

Originally posted by anonymous Joe
who'd u follow before freo?

We were pretty hardcore west coast supporters, i was still to young to give a **** but my whole family had supported East Freo since they came to west australia so it was a comfortable transition.

Originally posted by Zeke
Mt mum and I barrack for Collingwood, my Dad and my brother barrack for Hawthorn. I guess there must have been a pre-nuptial deal done somewhere...

Hehe, at a mates wedding, part of thier vows were "All male children shall barrack for Collingwood, and all Female children shall follow the Saints..." Nice way for the 2 of them to divvy up the kids loyalties.

Lol my mum proberly said the same thing, depends on where your kid goes to school the friends he develops there (and who they barrack for) could influence his decision more than his parents believe it or not. And if u push him to early u risk him becomeing uninterested in the game only to become interested later and support another team. No doubt Eddie produces Propaganda/ brain washing tapes for people in your situation.
Mate this is not up for debate. Like I said - or else!

As a matter of fact he is as Collingwood as you get. As a fetus he "saw" Collingwood lose a GF live and in his first year he saw a second losing GF as well as a losing night GF. How much more Collingwood can you get?

Anyway you see how cool he looks in his little Collingwood jumper - already a family hand me down from his cousin whose Hawthorn supporting old man wasn't impressed when we bought it for his son.

Originally posted by MarkT
Mate this is not up for debate. Like I said - or else!

As a matter of fact he is as Collingwood as you get. As a fetus he "saw" Collingwood lose a GF live and in his first year he saw a second losing GF as well as a losing night GF. How much more Collingwood can you get?

Anyway you see how cool he looks in his little Collingwood jumper - already a family hand me down from his cousin whose Hawthorn supporting old man wasn't impressed when we bought it for his son.

Or else what? he's up for adoption? if u start that early i'd be hard to think he wouldn't follow any1 other than collingwood but think if your son turned out to be an arrogant essendon **** like me. The pain would be unbearable until you killed your son that is.It's good that your son will be a Collingwood supporter he can see them lose grand finals and that suffering will make him at better person. :D

Let me see. Dad loosely follows footy in general, leaning towards the Lions and anyone Collingwood plays. Mum very loosely follows Geelong with a soft spot for Sydney. Little sister follows Spider Everitt and older brother follows Western Bulldogs because he managed to get his hands on a guernsey from somewhere when he was about 3. Friends predominantly Geelong, with a few Bombers and only one other Pie.

So no.:)

Growing up as kid, the household was mad for Australian Rules and Rugby League and everybody had their own team.

Mother - Collingwood and Canterbury Bulldogs
Father - Sydney and St. George/Illawarra Dragons
Sister - Carlton and Canterbury Bulldogs.
Brother - Essendon and Cronulla Sharks
Me - North Melbourne and Parramatta.

Luckily footy season has become a little calmer:

Wife - North Melbourne and Parramatta
Daughter - North Melbourne and Parramatta
Son - North Melbourne and Parramatta

but a whole lot more frustrating.;)

I don't understand any of this. You people live in a differen't world!!!!!

Every single member if my immediate family is North mental.

All of my Dad's side, and all but one of my mother's side is the same.

There was never a choice. No-one really ever thought about it. Working on my girlfriend ATM, but she looks likely to stay put just to p1ss me off.

Originally posted by NorthBhoy
I don't understand any of this. You people live in a differen't world!!!!!

Every single member if my immediate family is North mental.

All of my Dad's side, and all but one of my mother's side is the same.

There was never a choice. No-one really ever thought about it. Working on my girlfriend ATM, but she looks likely to stay put just to p1ss me off.

Some do it just to spite their parents others just aren't easily brainwashed.

Or else what? he's up for adoption?
There are worse things than adoption!
if u start that early i'd be hard to think he wouldn't follow any1 other than collingwood but think if your son turned out to be an arrogant essendon **** like me. The pain would be unbearable until you killed your son that is.It's good that your son will be a Collingwood supporter he can see them lose grand finals and that suffering will make him at better person. :D
He's already been to a few games. he will follow Collingwood. i don't expect you, a mere Essendon supporter, to understand.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you barrack for the same team your Kids/ parents/ friends/ brother/sister etc do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back