Society & Culture Do you think this is racist??

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from the already obvious security worries re: Comm. games in India, I really think there will be a backlash towards our aussie athletes over all this latest racist hoohaa..

..only needs one idiot over there, to see one of our guys and attack them as a payback type thing.....and unfortunately, there seems to be more than one idiot in that part of the world..

I'm not comfortable with our athletes going over there now..

Apart from the already obvious security worries re: Comm. games in India, I really think there will be a backlash towards our aussie athletes over all this latest racist hoohaa..

..only needs one idiot over there, to see one of our guys and attack them as a payback type thing.....and unfortunately, there seems to be more than one idiot in that part of the world..

I'm not comfortable with our athletes going over there now..

We should send Andrew Symonds back over there just to bait them.:D

10's of thousands of people taunting Andrew Symonds about apparently looking like a monkey and they accuse us of being racist.

Hypocricy of the highest level!....I work with a young Indian girl, who along with her husband, has only been here a few years, and she said they and their friends have never struck any trouble, or felt unsafe...

They both have normal jobs, mix in with everyone, and don't go where its not safe, just like we do..

but the way india's media works, i just hope for australia's sake that it will be an ok reception when australia marches out for the commonwealth games

i remembered a past summer when ricky ponting walked as the losing captain of the odi series against india to a chorus of boos AT THE GABBA

ponting: *speaking under his breath* 'they're booing me'

Good find, Sean.

I saw this today as well and this guy makes some good points:

Warning: Language
[YOUTUBE]GeDuCjcZjsw[/YOUTUBE]

As a white person I'm highly offended by KFC's latest Mick ad.It has him sitting on a couch with 2 white people,who keep yacking away,so to shut them up he offers them each a hot pocket [whetever it's called].
Tomorrow I'm going to ring Neil Mitchell,Derryn Hinch,write letters to all newspapers and start a protest against KFC for offending us white folk.

;)

after watching that video i take back on what i said all Americans are ignorant people, there are some good ones.:thumbsu::D

Things Americans need to understand about this ad:

a) They are not African Americans they are West Indians.
b) KFC are long time sponsors of Australian home series, AND particularly the West Indian team. Im I correct in recalling the whole team recording a commercial in the days of Richards, Garner and co?
c) Other countries have sporting rivalries against other countries in international sports. Most americans would not watch the USA play and international sport except maybe the US v Canada in Ice Hockey. Their sports are local and domestic only, and they wouldnt understand that Australia has a "the against us" mentality with international sport. The commercial could be rebranded with English, Indian, South African or New Zealand supporters and have the same intended message. That this particular ad was during a West Indian tour and they have a culturally sensitive issue with their black population and fried chicken is their problem.

The ad is not intended for them, and has never been shown there. If they can find a citizen of Jamaica or Barbados who has an issue with it Ill take notice then.

Some nice failing in here.

You're right.

Hysteria over someone being locked up in a foreign country = Hysteria by a couple of oxygen thieves who misinterpreted a KFC commercial.

Yeah, I mixed up my threads, I thought the comparison was to the Indian reaction.

Boers were Dutch

Whoops. If it's some saving grace I'm pretty sure these days whites from numerous places in Western Europe class themselves as Boer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll let the video speak for itself.

[youtube]jmk6OYDcXYY[/youtube]

the series between australia and india in the cricket here in 2008 was when racial tensions came to a head

australians are very precious over racism, they prefer the boot to be on their foot, imagine the reaction when it was from the other side

either way racism is a problem in australia

whether you like it or not

its an aussie stereotype (by the americans) that we have issues with racism

Gee, it must be true then:rolleyes:

They also stereotype us as Paul Hogan look-a-likes who ride kangaroos to work every day and live in the bush.

The americans seem to be hypocrits...was watching Jay Leno last night, and on came a regular comedian impersonating their President (who is black), only thing is this comedian is white!!

He didn't have his face + hands real black, just a darkish brown....but...HELLO!!:rolleyes:

Wonder if Harry Connick jnr was watching??

Sounds delicious

People in my part of the world love fried food.

We have a speciality called the Ulster fry

i2dw5nf19jri3jx31an4mZHjo1_500.jpg

If someone decided to celebrate 'Ulster History Month' and DIDN'T include the Ulster fry we'd be annoyed.

I can see black Americans point, but it makes you look like a navel-gazer if you got out of your way to find offence in far-flung places

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Do you think this is racist??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back