Opinion Dogs and Horses - The Racing Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read where Tory Dickson has a share in Feroce, running in the Guineas today. Has already won the race with Super Seth, the sire of Feroce. Also in the ownership is Craig McRae and Justin Leppitsch. Tory owned a share in Merchant Navy as well, so has been very lucky.

Just read where Tory Dickson has a share in Feroce, running in the Guineas today. Has already won the race with Super Seth, the sire of Feroce. Also in the ownership is Craig McRae and Justin Leppitsch. Tory owned a share in Merchant Navy as well, so has been very lucky.

Missed by a whisker. At $51, that would have been one for the ages.

Had Feroce for a place after listening to Dom Sutton (the trainers) story. Was only paying 6s though. You’d think an extra metre or two and he would’ve had Private Life in the end.

Dimma celebrating hard at Caulfield after the horse he has a share in just won.
May have been an f bomb or two
He beat mine....

But yeh, him and the boys went nuts. Maher is a great trainer.

On the other hand, Celine Gaudry is a great jockey!

Hopefully get another run cup day.

307806801.jpg

Caulfield is always a graveyard for me and today no difffent.
At least Bella in Sin City did the right thing.
Now give Zardozi strength 🙏
(at least you know who not to back based on my record there 🤪).

Although I won't be betting, the first starter that fascinates me today is Keepsake, Caulfield Race 2.

Unusual for the McEvoys to throw a filly up against good quality raced horses in a $150k metro race for its debut.

A Snitzel filly owned by Arrowfield, won its last trial by 6 lengths in very fast time (1000 in 57.7).

Could be an exciting horse.

Running in R4 at Ballarat, $1.95 fav

Running in R4 at Ballarat, $1.95 fav
Thanks, hadn't had a look today. On face value was disappointing on debut, but trapped wide against a hot field.

Backing up quickly in a good money maiden (75k) is a good sign.

The Hayes filly is also very nicely bred and raced well in group company on debut.

Should be an interesting race

Thanks, hadn't had a look today. On face value was disappointing on debut, but trapped wide against a hot field.

Backing up quickly in a good money maiden (75k) is a good sign.

The Hayes filly is also very nicely bred and raced well in group company on debut.

Should be an interesting race

Won easily

Guineas was a tough day. I had a few that I was keen on and only really one panned out.

Tell ya what though, the yard is not to be under estimated and kind of highlights the risks of going early with multis etc.

Antino vs Desert Lightning in the Toorak classic example. I was keen on DL and even Moody said he was his best prospect earlier in the day and didn't think he could have him any better. But pre parade I thought his coat wasn't there, a bit dull compared to others. It didn't marry up. Antino on the other hand looked great in the coat and totally screwed down. Wished I could change my bet....and so it proved. Orchestral looked better than I thought she would. She has a good run in her this prep.

The one I got right and the yard confirmed it was Bellatrix Star. She was great in the coat and ran like it.

I saw one win the other day at Ballarat that might be a smokey for the Coolmore. Willow rode it. Might have been his only ride for the day which suggests he was keen to be on it. Won like a good thing. Big Swinger.

A horse (Reddivo) I have an interest in is running today in Race 2 at Mornington. It won its last start in Mt Gambier but that was 5 weeks ago on a heavy track and he was carrying less weight than today, but it's over a similar distance (3000m). The win in Mt Gambier automatically qualified Reddivo for the Jericho Cup in Warrnambool on December 1 which is over 4600m. The Jericho has a very interesting history.

Anyway today is very different to Reddivo's last run as it's on a firmer track and carrying 70 kg today as compared to 54 in Mt Gambier. Anyway the trainer (Jamie Edwards, Emsley Lodge) says he has had a great prep and it will be interesting to see how he goes today with an eye on the Jericho which carries significant prize money. Reddivo is a classic stayer and today he will need to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A horse (Reddivo) I have an interest in is running today in Race 2 at Mornington. It won its last start in Mt Gambier but that was 5 weeks ago on a heavy track and he was carrying less weight than today, but it's over a similar distance (3000m). The win in Mt Gambier automatically qualified Reddivo for the Jericho Cup in Warrnambool on December 1 which is over 4600m. The Jericho has a very interesting history.

Anyway today is very different to Reddivo's last run as it's on a firmer track and carrying 70 kg today as compared to 54 in Mt Gambier. Anyway the trainer (Jamie Edwards, Emsley Lodge) says he has had a great prep and it will be interesting to see how he goes today with an eye on the Jericho which carries significant prize money. Reddivo is a classic stayer and today he will need to be.

Worth a couple on?

Just noticed favourite on TAB so not even a place bet. It's a chance according to the trainer. Will know soon.

Extra weight is the big worry.

It’s a highweight so they’re all carrying the grand stand

Just noticed favourite on TAB so not even a place bet. It's a chance according to the trainer. Will know soon.

Extra weight is the big worry.

Needs further 😉

Guineas was a tough day. I had a few that I was keen on and only really one panned out.

Tell ya what though, the yard is not to be under estimated and kind of highlights the risks of going early with multis etc.

Antino vs Desert Lightning in the Toorak classic example. I was keen on DL and even Moody said he was his best prospect earlier in the day and didn't think he could have him any better. But pre parade I thought his coat wasn't there, a bit dull compared to others. It didn't marry up. Antino on the other hand looked great in the coat and totally screwed down. Wished I could change my bet....and so it proved. Orchestral looked better than I thought she would. She has a good run in her this prep.

The one I got right and the yard confirmed it was Bellatrix Star. She was great in the coat and ran like it.

I saw one win the other day at Ballarat that might be a smokey for the Coolmore. Willow rode it. Might have been his only ride for the day which suggests he was keen to be on it. Won like a good thing. Big Swinger.
I knew my early bet was done in the mounting yard in the Golden Rose this year. Had a decent bet on Linebacker, but was devastated when he paraded with 5 legs. Similar thing happened with Jeune in the Cox Plate many years ago - the perils of spring time.

Anyone at the cox plate tomorrow? Turns out my valley membership expired and didn’t auto renew like I thought, will have to rough it in GA haha

Anyone at the cox plate tomorrow? Turns out my valley membership expired and didn’t auto renew like I thought, will have to rough it in GA haha

They should auto renew, every respectable organisation does that 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Dogs and Horses - The Racing Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back