Opinion Dogs and Horses - The Racing Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got that one in my multi.

One I found that appeals (to me) is in Race 2. Spirit of Jo. Watched its only start back on a soft track and it was hampered for a run. Never really got a look back on the inside. Not a taxing run and then they tipped it straight out after the race. That was back in June. I like it when they tip them out the race before they should and not the one after.

Has won a trial on resumption.
Shooting the lights out NW

One I found that appeals (to me) is in Race 2. Spirit of Jo. Watched its only start back on a soft track and it was hampered for a run. Never really got a look back on the inside. Not a taxing run and then they tipped it straight out after the race. That was back in June. I like it when they tip them out the race before they should and not the one after.

****ing daylight savings….just stopped to eat my lunch on my road trip up to Rockhampton and thought I’d have a look.

Spirit of Jo already run and won at $6…..bloody hell…..good get

****ing daylight savings….just stopped to eat my lunch on my road trip up to Rockhampton and thought I’d have a look.

Spirit of Jo already run and won at $6…..bloody hell…..good get

Stop complaining, think of all the money you save on the curtains and carpets not fading so fast.

Her full sister is in race 6, Something Forjo.

First time I’ve been to the cox plate. Last time too.
Just had a general admission ticket and stood on the lawn all day.
Have they always had those marquees in the middle ?
Couldn’t see shit until they passed us in the straight.
This is one of, if not the best races we have in Australia and we can only watch it on a screen ?

This is one of, if not the best races we have in Australia and we can only watch it on a screen ?
The development has probably squeezed a few into places they may not normally be.

Next time (2 to 3 years from now) it's likely to be different.

I don't know if they've decided where it's being run next year yet. Hopefully HQ. I'll spew up if it's at that graveyard Caufield.

The development has probably squeezed a few into places they may not normally be.

I don't know if they've decided where it's being run next year yet. Hopefully HQ. I'll spew up if it's at that graveyard Caufield.
Moonee Valley will host next year’s and then start their development. It surely has to be run at Flemington in 2026. The plan is to be back racing at the Valley in August 2027.

What happened at Te Rapa today ?

Who was it that dislikes horses with bad knees?

After today I also have a very strong dislike for anything that’s over at the knee, especially if it’s a foal that we have to bandage the knees of - my job is to sit on its hocks and get pretty much kicked in the you-know-what while it’s being bandaged 😅

Show us stud grooms some love. We’re out here in the trenches

After today I also have a very strong dislike for anything that’s over at the knee, especially if it’s a foal that we have to bandage the knees of - my job is to sit on its hocks and get pretty much kicked in the you-know-what while it’s being bandaged 😅

That would be me 😩

Guilty. King Harold not too hot on them either. In fairness, I had a good one that kept chipping its knees. Not sure we could have picked that up early days and not sure I'd trade it if we had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you work at the yearling sales seaweed ?
You blokes are definitely the unsung heroes of the sport 👍👍👍

Do you work at the yearling sales seaweed ?
You blokes are definitely the unsung heroes of the sport 👍👍👍
Haven’t done a yearling sale (not really my bag, prefer to stay on farm) but I do prep them for my work. Sure can get a bit Wild West 😂 love a good weanling sale so hopefully do a few of them next year

What happened at Te Rapa today ?
It's a recurring problem in NZ Harold as you're probably aware and it's really not good enough. Today was a guineas prelude and prep run for all the top contenders and I imagine the training fraternity will be far from happy.

Horses were slipping so a safety concern and that's fair enough. It happens way too often though. The Sarten is a Group 2 1400m for the contenders and now I guess they try to reschedule but that's problematic. Hawkes Bay I've come to expect it but Te Rapa in the absence of a major weather event is very disappointing.

They need to lift their game. And I had 2nd, 3rd and 1st over the first 3 races. Seeing it like a volleyball Harold and they pulled the rug. Not happy! Found 5 winners at Ellerslie on Saturday too. I don't think too many here follow the NZ racing but if you want to find winners in Sydney in Autumn you probably should ....

Haven’t done a yearling sale (not really my bag, prefer to stay on farm) but I do prep them for my work. Sure can get a bit Wild West 😂 love a good weanling sale so hopefully do a few of them next year
I used to breed and break in Standardbreds in a previous life , but now dealing with thoroughbreds, they’re a different beast.
A hot one certainly keeps you on your toes.

They are bulldozing the track and it will all be different and all the history will go with it in two years….you'll be able to see but it won’t be the same

Like the GF, corporates win out again

It's a recurring problem in NZ Harold as you're probably aware and it's really not good enough. Today was a guineas prelude and prep run for all the top contenders and I imagine the training fraternity will be far from happy.

Horses were slipping so a safety concern and that's fair enough. It happens way too often though. The Sarten is a Group 2 1400m for the contenders and now I guess they try to reschedule but that's problematic. Hawkes Bay I've come to expect it but Te Rapa in the absence of a major weather event is very disappointing.

They need to lift their game. And I had 2nd, 3rd and 1st over the first 3 races. Seeing it like a volleyball Harold and they pulled the rug. Not happy! Found 5 winners at Ellerslie on Saturday too. I don't think too many here follow the NZ racing but if you want to find winners in Sydney in Autumn you probably should ....

Ok , I wondered if that was the issue again.
It’s certainly an ongoing problem.
It’s been a stupidly wet winter and spring, maybe that’s a contributing factor ?

By the way mate I’m running a little short at the moment !
You couldn’t spare a few quid for an old pensioner by any chance 😜

I thought it was us barrier attendants that were the unsung heroes. Damn!
No no no mate , everyone’s in awe of you blokes.
Industry wide , we all have huge respect and admiration for what you guys do 👍

By the way it wasn’t you that pranged the gates at Kilmore the other day was it 😜

Ok , I wondered if that was the issue again.
It’s certainly an ongoing problem.
It’s been a stupidly wet winter and spring, maybe that’s a contributing factor ?

By the way mate I’m running a little short at the moment !
You couldn’t spare a few quid for an old pensioner by any chance 😜
Not the way I bet Harold. I'm that stupid all up multi guy who selects 6 horses, finds 5 winners and a second (or a 4th if I've had it for a place):rolleyes: and doesn't collect on anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Dogs and Horses - The Racing Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back