Autopsy Dogs apparently NOT out coached again... but still find a way to lose 78 v 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't see any Justification at all for not putting Naughton back and leave Lobb as a forward ruck.

Naughton was never going to be exposed for speed down there both in defence and transition and Lobb could not have done any worse 1 v1 against Taylor.

There were some mitigating factors but Pur adjustments were poor amd speculative at best

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who are these blistering speed demons GWS have that are renowned for their pace that you speak off?
Geelong won a flag last year with a bunch of snails. Our gameplan is s**t, pure and simple.
What is this game plan you speak of?

Confusion reigns

Yeah, I know.

Just once, though, I love for someone to get in his face, niggle, shove, harrass and annoy him to the point where he might lose it. Would dearly love to see it!
The only bloke in the side even remotely capable of any of that is Ed. So moot point really.

Possibly a reflection on my character, but here's an actual exchange during the third quarter.
Gj79 offspring: "Greene is playing well."
Gj79: "say something again like that in my presence about that pr1ck and you're out of the will."

Woman next to my offspring laughs. Offspring looks at her, and says: "My Dad wasn't joking!"
Woman (fellow supporter btw) looks concerned.

(Offspring and I know I was joking - I think - but offspring now attuned enough to my moods to go along with the joke to have a bit of fun themselves!)

And that's what this team's performances have forced us to descend to... trolling fellow supporters at the game.

Sorry random Dogs' supporter.

Have to disagree on this one, after Bruce went down the Giants kicks 9 goals with 8 of them coming from turnovers and 5 of those coming from intercepts inside our forward 50. We handed it to them on a silver platter.

We also lost the centre clearances 5-7 after Bruce went down compared to winning it 6-2 prior to that, hard to blame Bruce or Keath for that.

Watching from the ground it just felt like we panicked as soon as any pressure was applied causing us to make unforced turnovers and drop easy marks.
Centre bounces are often just a coinflip.

Structurally we had 3 or 4 of our defensive 7 rotating players not play roles that they were preparing for to start. Cleary was not only a late in, but then had to play taller than expected. Lobb down back. Williams down back after expecting to play wing.

When they intercepted and pushed forward its clear they got space because our defence didn't have chemistry or preparation in playing together. Gardner was the only tall back there, and he very well could only be our sixth choice key tall if it wasn't for other injuries. And he's hardly the leadership player to take it on to organise the defensive troops when other makeshift players are around him.

It happens.

Having just watched the presser, I think Bevo concurs with what norm posted earlier. And when he says he is still processing the game I think what he really means is that he still hasn't decided which of the forwards he's going to belt first for their lack of defensive pressure, and in some cases, conversion.

Last edited:
You need to be able to preform under pressure aswell not just when everything is going your way. Every team gets in game injuries at some stage, need to show resolve.
It's incredibly rare to lose both your key defenders though. 2 out of 3 specific players out injured. It's happened to us twice in a short period, it's probably only happened to any other of the 17 team in the leagues in a close game maybe once all season. It's a contingency that we have to try and battle with but you re jot going to tactically prepare for every single 1-in-500 event.

Can't see any Justification at all for not putting Naughton back and leave Lobb as a forward ruck.

Naughton was never going to be exposed for speed down there both in defence and transition and Lobb could not have done any worse 1 v1 against Taylor.
The justification being that Lobb could have definitely done much worse 1v1 against Taylor, surely.

I love Bont. Great player. Arguably our best ever, according to many.

But the absolute lack of confidence in his own set shot goalkicking manifested itself early in the game, when he had a 40m shot on a slight angle and a left footer's fat side to kick the first goal of the game. Instead he happily dished off to Smith. Wind was a factor, but at that stage it would have held a straight-ish kick nicely to float through. Baz being slightly closer had a bit more protection from the stand, but I would question if that's what Bont was reasoning when he passed it. He knows it, we know it. It's the one major flaw in his game. Not critical to dish off halfway through the first quarter - but I really hope he can work through it with whoever can assist - he needs to be striding back to line up those shots and kicking purposefully.

The coach told us that they don't practice kicking for goal because they don't need it....

Having just watched the presser, I think Bevo concurs with what norm posted earlier. And when he says he is still processing the game I think what he really means is that he still hasn't decided which of the forwards he's going to belt first for their lack of defensive pressure.
What does he expect when he doesn’t pick one genuine small forward though? I mean, he picks guys like Scott as a small forwards and wonders why it comes out so easy? What other outcome can you expect when you don’t pick 1 genuine pressure forward?

Who are these blistering speed demons GWS have that are renowned for their pace that you speak off?
Geelong won a flag last year with a bunch of snails. Our gameplan is s**t, pure and simple.

The game plan that would’ve had us up by 9 goals by halfway through the 3rd had we kicked straight.

Was it our shit game plan that dominated the opposition for 2 and a half quarters?

Imagine if we had a decent game plan, we’d win by 20 goals each week.

Possibly a reflection on my character, but here's an actual exchange during the third quarter.
Gj79 offspring: "Greene is playing well."
Gj79: "say something again like that in my presence about that pr1ck and you're out of the will."

Woman next to my offspring laughs. Offspring looks at her, and says: "My Dad wasn't joking!"
Woman (fellow supporter btw) looks concerned.

(Offspring and I know I was joking - I think - but offspring now attuned enough to my moods to go along with the joke to have a bit of fun themselves!)

And that's what this team's performances have forced us to descend to... trolling fellow supporters at the game.

Sorry random Dogs' supporter.

You are forgiven. Go in peace my son, and do not sin again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were some mitigating factors but Pur adjustments were poor amd speculative at best

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Naughts does offer more defensive pressure I50. It wasn't great overall it seems and would have been more not great with Lobby there instead of Naughts. Bevo is pointing the finger at fwd 50 defensive pressure as being a significant factor and I tend to agree. The damage was done long before it got near Lobb and co in defence.

Here's another insight into my character, and how angry I was/am today...

As we were waiting to exit the main stand, people in RWB gear were on the fence chatting to Ward, and getting other orange scum players to sign their Bulldogs' "GOAL" posters.
Seriously, WTF are you people doing?!
This is the enemy - and not just any enemy either.
Fraternise with Ward and any other orange f***stick after they've retired - but if you're happy doing this after a loss to those scumbags, GTFO of your Bulldogs' gear.
Disgraceful.
(And no, this post has no underlying implied humour. Dead serious.)

Why are we having this Lobb - Naughton discussion ?
It is so farcical and ridiculous!!!

I need to hear the rationale straight out of Bev to decide if he should be certified and put in an institution for treatment.

Back before the Boer War , you put your best KPP behind the ball against the wind , especially when trying to defend a lead and having a couple of Indians down 😡

The game plan that would’ve had us up by 9 goals by halfway through the 3rd had we kicked straight.

Was it our s**t game plan that dominated the opposition for 2 and a half quarters?

Imagine if we had a decent game plan, we’d win by 20 goals each week.
Why are you yelling?

JUH's disposal/ goal kicking was shite again. needs to develop so he hurts opposition where it counts

He didn’t look right or really invested to me

Yes, and had we not had those two injures (and Richards too) I'm confident we would have won by a similar margin.
They had their own issues with injuries, Tom Green Jessie Hogan. We were out coached against a much better coach at the moment. Bevo is club legend but the club is bigger than him. We have no idea how to stop these run ons. Bevo after 9 years is out of ideas and motivation.

Why are we having this Lobb - Naughton discussion ?
It is so farcical and ridiculous!!!

I need to hear the rationale straight out of Bev to decide if he should be certified and put in an institution for treatment.

Back before the Boer War , you put your best KPP behind the ball against the wind , especially when trying to defend a lead and having a couple of Indians down 😡

It's these new-fangled coaching concepts King.
Need a few more Breaker Morant "take no prisoners" defenders!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Dogs apparently NOT out coached again... but still find a way to lose 78 v 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Back