Autopsy Dogs apparently NOT out coached again... but still find a way to lose 78 v 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Next 4 weeks
Richmond 50/50 game
Hawthorn 50/50 game
West Coast will be win
Geelong will be a loss
What a wasted year and the club will do nothing about it
i know this is unpopular but i now hope we lose next week and can finally put this season to bed and hope for change
Ed in defence would have been the difference between a close loss and close win. * you injuries/illnesses
its where were at Mike,
at full strength we are top 4 material, but always a couple of injuries away from mediocrity

Agree

As Mof mentioned, which I agree, IMO it’s time to accept the reality that the current list just doesn’t have the required balance

We simply cannot afford our backline to be as unsettled as it has been all year.

In game injuries , players out for weeks with long term hammies, concussions etc etc - we have not had a settled back 6 all year.

You cannot string games together under these circumstances.

Our backline talls are flaky as it is - they need continuity.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You could've just called me a Beveridge sycophant and saved me your movie of the week story.

Given the cattle we have to work with.

What is a viable plan B?
Sorry dude - wasn’t actually a dig at your or your post. Sycophants referred to are all sitting at whitten oval HQ.

I just felt like having a bit of a rant…..

I had this complaint after the Pies game. If you are not well (read this as unwell as opposed to carrying a slight niggle), don't put your hand up to play as you are doing your team mates a disservice. A fully fit replacement will be available. The game goes for 120 minutes, not 90 or 105 minutes. Let's hope the players who covered are not flat like they were against Sydney.

Oh, and how’s fortress Ballarat going.
Just looking at the remaining fixtures, if we are any sort of hope and our coaches get all of their collective s*t together, really ****** quickly…

We should be winning the next 3 games before our regularly scheduled loss to Geelong, which still won’t be enough for them to make finals. Or, we win it because they have downed tools as they should be out of the race.

I’ve got us finishing 6th now, to play GWS in finals (oh boy). Carlton 5th to play Essendon or Sydney, likely the winner of tonight’s match.

**All this is null & void if we lose to Richmond next week btw

Scraping into finals will just paper over the already papered cracks, but I fear our mentally weak club is just broken. Melbourne did it since 2021, broke Bevo as well and we haven’t been able to recover. Even one of their discards played out of his skin today, so the stranglehold they have is only behind Geelong now.

It’s possible that we win one more. Tigers could be playing for a spot in the 8. I’m not looking forward to the Hawks in Tas, they’re developing quickly. Geelong down there, maybe the way they’re going we can finally win that one 🤪

Beating the Eagles proves nothing.

Another game where people a losing the plot for a narrow loss where injuries cost us structurally. Not just the defensive unit structure but in terms of rotations, covering two players that would have played 100% time on ground. Incredible...

Love all the talk of key backs likely going everywhere else by us during trade and free agency when we desperately need them. Desperately.

Also, Naughton needs to either do nothing but set shots or see a sports psych re his goalkicking. Seriously, it's a joke.

Where's the hug emoji when you need one?

It will pass. I felt this way a few weeks ago. It will pass and you'll end up not giving a rats backside as no one at the club cares enough to do anything, so why should I bother turning up. I will once I've got something to turn up for....

I need a hug too.

In fact, let’s have a Bigfooty group hug!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone take a deep breath relax and understand that the football club we all love is coached by fools, run by amateurs poseing as football officials, and made up of a playing group that is only in it for the good times and end of season trip. As for on field leadership ....NOTHING. He may be the best player going round but he is silent during games and demands nothing of those around him. He is not there to win a AA blazer he is there to LEAD. he is no jimmyedmond no scottwynd no bradjohnson. He is by far a better player but he is no captain. And you can throw insults at me all you like.... he has let us down today as much as anyone. (27disposals and not even in the top10 players on the field)

I need a hug too.

In fact, let’s have a Bigfooty group hug!
Season 4 Group GIF by Friends

People aren't even criticising Bevo for the things that actually cost us. When West came on and played forward, we incorrectly pushed Weightman and not Scott onto the wing. They kicked two goals in the third moving the ball through Weightman having no idea how to play the position, before we took Scott out the forward line and sent Weightman back there.

Clearly with no Baker and having to send Williams back (which he didn't prepare for so can't fault him for not playing that well) we were structurally underpepared with Poulter etc. at various times confused in which group 6 of he was actually playing in. Cleary and Gardner are still inexperienced enough that we didn't have great leadership and communication down there - Duryea was trying to play his own game and basically coach 6 others players too.

It's highly unfortunate and disappointing but destiny still well and truly remains in our hands, nothing about this loss makes me think we shouldn't be confident in winning all of our remaining fixtures in any case.

He’s just a battler isn’t he. His “good performances” are really just what should be considered the norm for an AFL key back. No shame in being a battler, there are plenty in the comp but if we’re serious about winning a flag he should be back-up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He’s seriously dangerous, in a bad way, around the ball. It’s not even a 50/50 our way.

We did not make a single rotation in the last 8 minutes of the match.
Wind pushed the play to the opposite side of the boundary for large chunks of the game, making the rotation issue even worse.

Another weak as piss drop off.

We’d have to be the biggest pea hearts in the comp. World beaters to pond scum within less than a quarter.

Our confidence seems to be getting worse and worse week to week, besides the odd almost 4qtr effort we’re guaranteed to see a Jekyll and Hyde type performance every week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Dogs apparently NOT out coached again... but still find a way to lose 78 v 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Back