Review Dogs beat Brions 67-53, JUH kicks 5

Remove this Banner Ad

"Im just a boy trying to play some football"

FMD! That hits right in the feels!!!

The lifting of the jumper will get all of the attention, but for mine this is the iconic and emotionally raw moment from JUH.

Last edited:
I like Garcia but that was an all-time terrible game. It’s one thing to not get much of it, but to give away 150m and free kicks is brutal. I said in the GD thread I’d be surprised if he played AFL again this year. Hopefully I’m wrong but it was really poor.
I like Garcia too. And he couldn't have tried harder tonight. That was WHY he committed so many indiscretions. But that's not my concern about him. He will get that sorted out. My problem with him is his concrete hands and panicking when things get tight. You can always rely on Garcia to fumble a gather or kick a scrubber to nobody when under pressure. And I don't think that will change. He reminds me of Dylan Addison - who i also liked. These are the kinds of players that make up the bottom 6 footballers in a rebuilding team, so we will see plenty of that kind of thing over the next few years. They'll play their role for us and then they'll move on when the next generation comes through. That's football!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said in his welcome thread but Baker is sitting on a goal a game and led all players for metres gained today. You'd take that for someone that was fundamentally a free hit to fill a hole in our list.
He’s the mirror Ginger on the diagonal flank to Richards. Very strong endeavour to run hard and straight and keep the ball alive with fast movement

He’s the mirror Ginger on the diagonal flank to Richards. Very strong endeavour to run hard and straight and keep the ball alive with fast movement
I like Baker. He understands how to kick the ball to dangerous spots in the forward line, especially when on the boundary.

Some of the more established players in the side could learn a lot from watching him.

Stoked for the boys, really good effort today - just a brilliant team effort around the ball as well as some brilliant individual performances. Bont is a superstar.

Thought there was some really positive changes to the direction of the team, brought back our attacking run and forward handball game - yeah we turned it over but I literally don’t care if the intent is there. Take that every day over sideways bullshit.

Our forward entries need work, there’s still just a serious lack of structure forward of the ball even though we have 3 or more good targets, but what I will add is it was a clear directive to take territory - I think we were happy at times to kick long and take territory even if we turned it over, because we set up really well behind the ball to defend the transition. And that comes from deep entries, we also capitalised on forward half turnovers, which were created because we took territory with deep entries even if we turned it over.

Yeah there’s a fine line between wasting possession and we did that at times too but I think we traded that for taking territory in those situations, and it worked out for us. You’d rather lose it deep and set up to defend then turn it over shallow where they burnt us a few times.

So I think that was a big change in the directive of the whole side and it was a positive one.

Great bounce backs by the likes of Macrae, Daniel and Dale. It’s amazing that we looked quick by foot again when we’re moving the footy quickly isn’t it. Stoked for Marra - he’s a gun boys, just brilliant ground level effort and he got the rewards for it. Yeah he has some quiet games but the fact he’s now had two bags of 5 at this stage of his career, is usually a very very good indicator of a young tall forward that their game when they develop will stand up. He will be one of our best ever key forwards me thinks, and just a great bloke.

Long way to go but could be a really season defining win, yeah I’ve got some issues with this club right now but maybe those two disastrous losses were what we needed to make some serious changes - and I think we did make some tonight, and we showed we’re not a bunch of ****ing softcocks

Now we need to build from this because we’ve set ourselves off to the worst possible start to the season and made our task a lot lot harder

My heart goes into my mouth when Keath goes near it, but kudos to him, great game.
Yeah another one I should have mentioned with Macrae, Daniel etc.

He was good tonight, really good. Was running on top of the ground in a way I can’t remember seeing from him since he got to the club, definitely fit and healthy but yeah pls play within your means because his disposal is shoddy as all hell

McComb comes on and takes a good mark at a pivotal time

3 votes
I held my breath when he went back to take his kick but he nailed it (ie he didn't turn it over).

Never thought I'd see the day but he ended the match with 100% disposal efficiency while mere mortals like the Bont only registered in the 60s.

Definitely a 3 vote performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dogs beat Brions 67-53, JUH kicks 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back