Review Dogs beat Brions 67-53, JUH kicks 5

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah, you could see how jacked Garcia was all match which was great, but he became impulsive, a good lesson to learn and still win, id persist with him
Him and West give away those silly frees from being over eager sometimes, l think we'll probably see them fighting for the same spot rather than having both of them in the team

I like Garcia but that was an all-time terrible game. It’s one thing to not get much of it, but to give away 150m and free kicks is brutal. I said in the GD thread I’d be surprised if he played AFL again this year. Hopefully I’m wrong but it was really poor.
Garcia looked like he wanted to impact 'too much' - I like him but he'll be out next week, Bevo is big on discipline

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I wanted to see was better intent, harder to the contest and being better defensively across the field in general. Big ticks across all. Much better effort than the first two weeks. Still work to do with disposal and the forward line, but cannot fault the effort tonight. Pretty happy with the result, even if it was a scrappy as game.

JUH, silenced his critics abroad. Would put the ball in his hands inside 50 ahead of Naughton every time. Good to see the old Macrae back. Bont was massive in the first half. Loved Arty, didn't get his hands on the ball much after the first quarter, but his pressure and chasing was what we want in a small. Obviously a bit of a light weight, so will take time before he physically imposes himself more and sticks tackles. Stays in the team for next week for sure. Liked JJ playing off the back line.

Garcia had a nightmare, but not gonna hang him. We know he is much better than tonight, just had a mare, though a very bad one, all players have them. Just crossed the line a little with his over aggression. Lobb is a interesting one, most of the time when he runs on the lead into the middle to get a pass, his opponents easily get in front of him and cuts him off every time.

Naughton stood up big time in the last quarter, his crashing in to packs causing the ball to spill out of danger when it looked like the Lions might mark it was important. And clunking a few himself. I don't get why people still hang on English, off to a hot start to the season. Getting good hitout numbers, but more so hit outs to advantage. Especially the last two weeks. Libba was Libba.

Lions are a good clearance team, and we beat them in that stat. No easy feat, so full credit to the midfield at the centre bounces, and their stoppage work around the ground.

On to the Tigers next week at the G!

When you have ago you never know. A lot better effort tonight, Sometimes teams need a damn good kick up arse . now if they can back that up for the rest of the year who knows. still its only one game. next week will be interesting to see if this is a flash in the pan or if they really are still hungry.

well something along those lines

Me too. The famous Baker Boy.
I was wrong about Bruce in defence. Thought his positioning was very good tonight

Here’s the thing - the new guys/new positions have actually been ok imo (Lobb not great but let’s leave that aside).

It’s Dale, Daniel, Macrae, Smith, Naughton etc that we would expect to be in our top ten who have been really poor.

They’re not all there yet (Daniel/Dale/Smith still got a way to go imo) but some signs today. Massive games in the next few weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back