Autopsy Dogs into prelim - beat Brissy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of us were yelling at Williams to get rid of it in the 2nd quarter when he danced around 10 lions players lol. If he had a storm strip on he could of flicked it over to the fox to get him over the line

Happy Fathers Day to all of you out there like me that are celebrating today, not just a Bulldogs win but the joy of being a Dad.

For my Fathers Day gift my daughter somehow arranged for Josh Dunkley to record me a video message wishing me a Happy Father’s Day while he was in hotel quarantine yesterday waiting for the game. He thanked me for my support of the Dogs and told me on behalf of my daughters not to be too grumpy if we lost 😂😂 but that he and the boys were absolutely focused and would do their best to get the win for all of us and make it an amazing Fathers Day for all Bulldogs “Dads”……

I was so shocked to get such a personalised message from one of my favourite players. Great guy, and he did a selfless task last night shutting down Lachie Neale. He definitely made my Fathers Day 2021 one to remember.

So Happy Fathers Day all you Bulldogs Dads!!

People can bag Bailey Smith all they want, but he gets to the right spots every time. He seems to be involved in key moments because he works himself into the right spots. If he cleaned up his disposal he would be a top 5 player
It’s like the criticism of Trealoar at the Pies

its not easy to be a great disposal all the time when you are running flat out

I’m sure Bailey sat out the back waiting for handballs his disposal would improve

Im not a fan of Hannan but I have to say his attack and clean possession of the ball in the crucial contest to handball to smith was first class
I am a fan and what he can do at pace stands him apart from Wallis etc. He is crucial for our defensive set ups and always plays the team game

... even Caleb’s out of bounds call was probably correct according to the rules regarding insufficient intent to keep the ball in play...

The ball clearly went off the side of the boot but you are right in context, out deliberately decisions are judged very harshly, understandably. The Umpires' unwritten rule of put the whistle away late in the last quarter of a final has been abandoned in this series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for the extreme lateness on the stats folks.

What a game! and for once we didn't lose the hitout to advantage count.

How about Jacko though! Just about his career-best game (39 disposals, 19 contested possessions, 11 clearances, 11 inside 50s, 800+ metres gained, 1 goal) those are Ablett numbers.

He's already broken the record for most effective disposals in a season and needs just 31 more disposals to break the overall record for most disposals in a season.

Now as always...

Expected Score / Actual Score
WB: 71 / 79 (+8)
BR: 86 / 78 (-8)

Expected Margin / Actual Margin: -15 / +1

Centre Bounce Attendance
23 - Bontempelli
22 - Liberatore, Macrae
17 - English
9 - Young
6 - Dunkley
3 - B. Smith
2 - Treloar

Ruck Contests (Hitouts / To Advantage)
66 - English
37 - Young

Hitouts To Advantage
WB: 10
BR: 10

First Possessions
WB: 45

BR: 51

Clearances / Effective Clearances
WB: 47 / 36
BR: 36 / 25

Tackle Efficiency
WB: 59%
BR: 63%

Spoil Efficiency
WB: 62%
BR: 67%

Smothers
WB: 16

BR: 11

Forward Half Kicking Efficiency
WB: 51%
BR: 46%

Defensive Half Kicking Efficiency
WB: 70%
BR: 79%

Forward Half Contested Marks
WB: 5
BR: 6

Defensive Half Contested Marks
WB: 3
BR: 1

Score Launches
4 - English, Liberatore
3 - Williams
2 - Daniel, Macrae, Vandermeer
1 - Bontempelli, Dale, Gardiner, Hunter, Keath, R. Smith, Young

Shots At Goal
WB: 25 (44% - Expected Accuracy: 40%)
BR: 27 (41% - Expected Accuracy: 45%)

Scoring Profile (Western Bulldogs / Brisbane)
Set Shot: 3.4 / 5.6
Snap: 4.5 / 3.2
On Run: 3.2 / 3.2
Mark Play On: 0.0 / 0.0
Ground Kick: 0.0 / 1.0

0M-15M: 2.0 / 1.0
15M-30M: 1.3 / 4.2
31M-40M: 4.4 / 5.1
41M-50M: 3.2./ 1.5
51M+: 1.2 / 0.2

Targets Inside 50
10 - Bombed/Rushed
7 - English, Naughton
5 - Treloar, Schache
4 - Weightman
3 - Hannan, Vandermeer
2 - Johannisen
1 - Bontempelli, Dunkley, Liberatore

Kick In / Kick In Play On
9 / 9 - Daniel
3 / 3 - Dale

Defensive 50 Marks
WB: 17
BR: 22

Defensive 50 Intercept Marks
WB: 7

BR: 6

Defensive Half Turnovers
WB: 26
BR: 22

Forward Half Turnovers
WB: 47

BR: 46

Unforced Turnovers
WB: 11

BR: 10

Unforced Turnovers By Player
3 - Bontempelli
2 - Macrae
1 - Dunkley, Hunter, B. Smith, R. Smith, Treloar, Vandermeer

Dropped Marks (Uncontested Only)
WB: 3

BR: 4

No Pressure Errors
WB: 6

BR: 8

Turnovers/Frees/50M Penalties Punished By Goals
2 - B. Smith
1 - Bontempelli, Dale, English, Liberatore, Macrae

Pressure Gauge
Q1

WB: 193 (Above Average)
BR: 193 (Above Average)

Q2
WB: 179 (Below Average)
BR: 182 (Average)

Q3
WB: 157 (Poor)
BR: 201 (Elite

Q4
WB: 212 (Elite)
BR: 188 (Average)

Match
WB: 186 (Average)
BR: 191 (Above Average)

Free Kick Summary
View attachment 1226623

Score Sources

View attachment 1226624
are we the best smothering side ever?

How good was Caleb’s footskills last night? I’m not sure if there’s been any confirmed reports regarding his injury status but you’d never know from last night. Moved very well and set some beautiful plays up with dangerous kicks through the corridor.
I am always with my heart in my throat watching Daniel and Dale bring it out of defence - for a moment I am 'wtf are you doing kicking into danger - but then they thread the needle more often than not to set us up beautifully.

I’m as down on the ruck situation as anyone - I’m a broken record about it - but maybe we litigate that later in the week. If it costs us a flag (which it might) then it’ll expose it even further as a weakness, but even my negative slant on our performances has been pummelled into submission by that epic effort.

Tomorrow I’ll vent about the ruck, poor forward entries, decision making, selection integrity and a few other things. But for now I’m going to follow my six beers with a bottle of Pinot and then see how I go as I watch the replay.

Go dogs!!!!!!!!!!
It’s not costing us a flag, the evidence is clear we can win regardless of rucks

Watching the replay over my morning cup of coffee

Bailey smith lasts quarter was ****ing immense.

Beyond the goals so many contested ball wins and little knock ons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back