Review DOGS INTO THE GRAND FINAL FEEEEKYEAAAAH!

Remove this Banner Ad

There's something extraordinary about Bailey Smith's body. He's lean but damn he gets some power from his legs . His acceleration over the first 20 meters leaves players for dead. He just crunches the ball with his kicks- that long goal looked so easy.

I must admit, when he was given the captaincy I was worried he would put too much focus on that rather than his game. He’s an amazing leader.
What was he? 23?

I recall an interview he did aged 20 or so. Just so much poise, for a fellow just out of his teens. Charlie and EJ would be proud.

He made some mistakes, but he took the game on, i want that sort of guy in the team, not someone wondering what might have been. But someone has to come out for Cody...some tough decisons for Bevo

Yeah it's a tough call. VDM seemed to lack composure at times, has a history of soft tissues issues. With current hammie tightness and us probably taking risks with Keath and Martin, dropping VDM for Cody seems the best option. IMO

I had this strange vivid dream last night that after beating the Lions at the Gabbatoir which few gave us a chance, we went and ended Ken Hinkley's career in Adelaide with a demolition of a team destined to fall into the the Grand Final that no one gave us a chance.

Bring it on!

Five states. 25 day odyssey with endless hours on planes and even more cooped up in hotel rooms eating cold ******* eggs while other players got to play golf. No friends and families. No extra training allowed. Having to quarantine in our own state to appease an interstate side. Robbed of Top 4. Sent against our wishes to Tassie. Faced the Lions in the rabid coliseum. Yo-yo'd across the ******* country at the whim of medical madmen and women. Some of our very best players out or overdone.

Facing a team that was well-rested, in white-hot form.

And we come out and do that. Our biggest ever finals win.

I have never been prouder of this club.
If we win the flag, the DVD boxed set of the finals series could be marked up to $200 and be sold out in a day.

Yeah, the '16 flag was special, but this has something about it, too. I suppose I could make bookends with each set.

No way do i rate Geelong better the Port, Geelong are old and slow, We beat port like that because we made it so the game was played on our terms not theirs.

Lets not forget that Port belted Geelong, and we belted Port. I rate our win against Port much higher than Melbourne’s win against Geelong. Geelong also saying they had a dose of gastro, whether it’s true or not I don’t know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the replay, English and Schache competed really well on the deck as well.

Will be super important in the GF.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Add to that Naughton’s impact when ball is on deck it makes us more dangerous

Wowwee who saw that coming? I’ve always liked Schache but fu** me, I did not see that game in him. He was ******* insane, what a game. Hopefully that proves to him how talented he is
There is about 600 in my tab account that says I did, admittedly my 10 bucks on the above 40 was speculative

Hopefully its all about the Melb fairytale and we can just fly under the radar again. Backs to the wall dogs, it's when we play our best footy
It would be a fairytale, for them, after 57 years, but not a patch on ours! But good on them.

Of course I'll be barracking for the Dogs, but if the boys do their best, and the game is fairly umpired, I'm at peace with the Dees winning a flag. I remember the relief I felt in 2016.

Go Dogs!

Same. I acted like a lunatic and as if it was a six point game. The scars of 97 are still there.
Time to let them go now mate. Can't change the past and the current crop has exercised those Demons now in spades..

On another note, it's been mentioned before, but how "elite" was Libba's pass to Trealor for the goal in the 3rd quarter to snuff them out once and for good...

He had literally 1/2 a second to react and set that up..

Last edited:
There's something extraordinary about Bailey Smith's body. He's lean but damn he gets some power from his legs . His acceleration over the first 20 meters leaves players for dead. He just crunches the ball with his kicks- that long goal looked so easy.
I can’t bloody believe how wrong I was at draft time being pissed we went the safe option with ‘vanilla’ Smith. Anything but, the guy could be the best player in the game in 5 years time, he’s just got it. I hate how people call him an arrogant flog (“who will be desperate to get to a big club like the hawks” 🙄), every time he speaks he just sounds like the most humble down to earth bloke ever who just loves playing for his mates. Will be a dog for life

Remove this Banner Ad

Review DOGS INTO THE GRAND FINAL FEEEEKYEAAAAH!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back