Review DOGS INTO THE GRAND FINAL FEEEEKYEAAAAH!

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see Brett Goodes, Nathan Eagleton and Brad Lynch amongst others celebrating with the footy department as Bevo and the boys came onto the ground after the game.
I saw Lynch at the gabba last week, he is really on board with getting around the lads. Plays at Southport in qld now too

My Dad is an old school dogs supporter like you, in his 70s now. hope you enjoyed 2016, fingers crossed we win another flag in 2 weeks
Every year is a good year but 2016 was life changing. After our drop off, my hopes were high for 22 and 23 as premiership teams often come again, 6 or 7 years after a one off flag.
2021 is a bonus, we really do have unfinished business.

One thing that really stood out for me tonight was the relentless running. This was the same thing that stood out last night for the Dees against the Cats.

Whenever a player was needed he was there. It was partly the fitness and willingness to gut run, but also the anticipation of how the play would unfold, understanding with teammates and belief and support for them. There always seemed to be more Dogs in the camera frame than Power, just like there were more Demons than Cats the previous night.

The other similarity to the Friday night game was the relentless pressure. Maybe not quite at Melbourne's first quarter level but it was pretty damned good. It's the very first thing you have to bring to finals. You don't win them without it.

When the ball was in dispute we always looked the more likely to come away with it. The +23 CPs in the first quarter was the tale of the night.

He's the AFL leader in these stats across both PFs this weekend. The tackles in particular made a real statement after last week.

He showed a lot of character tonight. He would have been in a dark place after last week's game and some of the comments that were later directed his way. No doubt his teammates and the coaches would have got around him during the week.

He's made of the right stuff. I'd dearly love to see him raise the cup in a couple of weeks time.

Bailey Smith just kicked 4 goals and had 23 possessions in a cut-throat final. He's 20 years old.

Aaron Naughton just took 6 contested marks and kicked 2 goals in a cut-throat final. He's 21 years old.

1:26 am. Replay complete. Now to watch Kingy give us a wrap in First Crack. Will go to bed at some point tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was giving it to Joey about not giving the Dogs a chance before the game i seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every year is a good year but 2016 was life changing. After our drop off, my hopes were high for 22 and 23 as premiership teams often come again, 6 or 7 years after a one off flag.
2021 is a bonus, we really do have unfinished business.
I’d be happy to have an era like North in the 90s which it will be if we win the premiership in 2 weeks. If we win I’m sure comparisons will be made between us and Hawthorn (08 then 13).

I'm dead set so proud of our footy club right now, all the doubters in the media and at work! We have one real injury out for the GF in Bruce and so do the Dee's in Tomlinson. Weightman in for Vandermeer and Keath in for Cordy. Can't play em all. Going to be an absolute cracker of a GF with a special moment or two required to win it!

Melbourne look ominous, and I rate Geelong a far better side than Port.

That being said we are not without a chance (at the very least 20%).

If this squad does it, they will enter the pantheon of the gods.

Also brings a tear to my eye to see Dunkley, Williams and Treloar in full flight. Martin getting through a full game is massive too.
No way do i rate Geelong better the Port, Geelong are old and slow, We beat port like that because we made it so the game was played on our terms not theirs.

Just back from a week off after going a bit overboard on the Brisssy board last week. Won’t do that again on Port’s board but I guess here is a safe space:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha @ the entire Port board. Absolute disgrace the entire week practically conceding the game before a ball was bounced due to umpires. 90% of posts in the preview thread were “we are in great form and a superior team but if we lose it’s because of the umpires”. You won the free kick count and 3 of your pathetic 6 goals were from absolute howler umpiring decisions. The entire fan base and club was rattled with the prospect of facing us, that club has Boston Red Sox type demons to exercise now.

Wines and Boak you are stars and free from slander, but a special shout out too the captain of the all potential All Stars Charlie Dixon, my gosh you always deliver. Also Lycett and Willam Drew love to deliver tough stuff when a man is face down after a whistle has been blown. Handbags the both of you.

As for our boys they once again showed that in big games in front of big crowds we are an absolute force to be reckoned with. Not one player lost their position tonight. Special shout outs to :

- Bonts finger
- Dunkley’s entire smothering body
- Bazlenka being Coleman favourite next year
- Hannan shutting us all up forever
- JJ playing with joy and spirit
- Josh Schache making ANY discussion about I’d rather have dirty dog Stringer moot
- Naughton having the most dominating 2 goal game from a key forward you will ever see
- Macca and Libba being absolutely terminators
- Big Stef ready for 199 not out with a Flag too boot
- Adz giving a wonderful F you to any moron who thought if he was cooked.
- And last bit definitely not least Bevo. You may infuriate us with your Bingo but you are truly special. Thank you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review DOGS INTO THE GRAND FINAL FEEEEKYEAAAAH!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back