Autopsy Dogs smash the Bombers: 137 - 33

Remove this Banner Ad

So that Hayes selection turned out to be a great choice. He really impressed and played easily his best game yet. Was surprised how well he contributed, hopefully we see some consistent efforts like that
Hearing an interview about him after the game by the player that escapes me, he mentioned he is the best runner in the side and all he needs is confidence to make it.

How many times is too many times to watch a replay?
Clarke 38 Hit Outs to English 20 Hit Outs, don't know what school you went to.

That's Ruck Craft big boy, English was better around the ground.
I can still remember that night, watching the game in the back bar of the Alexandria Hotel in Sydney.

There were only a couple of Doggies fans there, and heeps of Sydney resident Tigers fans.

From memory, the game started badly for the Tigers and only got worse. A lot worse.

Banter between the fans of each team got a bit nasty, but my enduring memory was the Tigers really nastily abusing their own players in the first two quarters.

Then they turned on each other, and starting abusing each other in the last 2 quarters.

A very funny night but I was glad when I left. Nasty bunch.
Remember Patrick Bowden getting reved up early when he kicked one
I loved Worsfold's 'us and the Dogs are similar they were just better than us tonight. We'll be fine, nothing to see here'.
losses with an aggregate of 170 odd points. That's gotta hurt.
I read one of their posters on their game gay thread say nothing to see here, we are tracking lick Richmond in 2016 before the won it the next year

English around the ground against Simpson and Mumford is actually going to be a huge advantage for us next week again.
I have thought this for a while now but listening to the radio call they would say a few times English with the tap down only to look at the stats a few seconds later to have it credited to Clarke
Playing Bulldogs is death by one thousand cuts
You tag one player the others kill you
Add Bailey Smith in their next year two
Our midfield has to be top 5 in the league
Top three more like it

Hearing an interview about him after the game by the player that escapes me, he mentioned he is the best runner in the side and all he needs is confidence to make it.

Confidence must be a big thing as he looked very average earlier in the year

He was part of a slick unit last night and looked good but let’s wait and see

Meanwhile R.West 4 goals and 29 possies in vfl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said he was better around the ground, but lack of ruck dominance has cost us a few games this season.
They don't show Hit Outs to advantage on the statistics hard to hit to advantage when facing such a
midfield tsunami.
Well sir I defer to your superior knowledge of the art of ruck craft. It did seem to me that with the hitouts Timmy got he was actually putting some to our advantage.
Where Clarke seemed to be putting it in space which was working to our advantage
Anyway great win by the boys :D:D

Don't worry about it dude,people want to trade Hunter,McLean,Dunkley...they want to pension off Dickson and Wood...they're not even willing to give Hayes a chance...some people just like to say stuff so they're saying stuff...enjoy the win friend,it was a big one.
Happy to admit to suggesting McLean or Dunkley be traded.

But I also stated that I think we're over supplied with inside mid / high half forwards. Wallis, Libba and West all missed, showing we probably don't need them all.

Sure it'd be nice to have all for depth. But I'm not sure how viable that is cap wise, given we still need a decent kpd and possibly another genuine small or mid sized forward. And that Smith, English and Bont are three of a few that will be renegotiating their contracts over the next 2-3 years.

At least one if not two of the five inside mid / high half forwards mentioned above will probably be gone in 24 months imo. If not for salary then for opportunity.

Fox Footy are showing Melbourne vs Collingwood as Game of the Day, WTAF?!

That game was a putrid crime against humanity.

Watching us pile on 21 goals straight with exhilarating footy was more entertaining than that snore feat at the MCG today.

And during the night they are replaying Port vs Swans, Geelong vs Norf and Brisbane vs Gold Coast and an Open Mike episode - WTF?

(I didn’t tape our game, before anyone asks)
Love Kayo get to choose the game and what time you watch it. Can even pause for emergency

Awesome game, but the manner in which we gave up those final three goals was disappointing. Whoever it was that meekly fell back on their ass with their arms up like they were looking for a free kick, instead of keeping their feet, allowed Tippa to step around them and kick the goal. Kept the feet instead of exaggerating for a free kick, then they would have likely tackled Tippa as he was in Tippa's pathway. Woods bump was unnecessary, could tell by the look on his face that he knew he had given the free away before the whistle was blown. Would have been nice to have gotten the goal streak record, but we did butcher a few chances in the last quarter as well to score more goals.

Dunkley will be a future Brownlow smokey if he can play a whole season the way he since being moved into the midfield a few rounds in. He and Bont should drag the whole team to the US and do the training they did over there. Both have become very consistent this year. Good to see Dale and Schache with tackles and intent the last few weeks as well. Hayes proved his critics wrong. Whilst he may still not make it as a full time 22 AFL player, he for now proved that his selection for THIS game was the right one.

Our forward line is starting to look like one of the least of our worries. To think we still have smaller types like West and Cavarra in the VFL, and Mr Reliable, can mark and kick accurately Greene on the sidelines. Potential academy pick next year. It may be deeper and more talented potential wise than people think. Just need more games playing together so that they get a greater understanding and chemistry of each other, so they can work together with creating spaces and opportunities.

Shame Smith isn't talked about more for the Rising star. May not have the x factor of Rozee and Stack, but he is more consistent than both. Walsh is consistent and may get more of the ball, but Smith is a much cleaner ball user. Walsh has had like 40 more clangers, half the goals less than Smith, 17 less tackles, and similar numbers of inside 50's even though he averages 7 more disposals a game. Smith is a two way and more damaging player. Walsh leads just disposals and clearances.

Crozier and Doc have been under the radar at times. Their defensive work, especially Crozier, doesn't show up on the stats sheet, but has been first class all season. And Crozier should definitely be in the conversation as one of our top three players this season.

This team is lacking probably a little class and two top end defenders. If we fill both of those areas with quality players quickly, and the fact this team is about 3-4 years away from peaking. We could see a few deep runs into the finals in the years ahead. Most talented Bulldogs team we have ever had in terms of young players. Lets not piss this once in a lifetime group away

Talking about once in a generation thing. I doubt we will ever kicked 20 goals straight ever again in our lifetimes.

I loved Worsfold's 'us and the Dogs are similar they were just better than us tonight. We'll be fine, nothing to see here'.

Two losses with an aggregate of 170 odd points. That's gotta hurt.

I hope it hurts like prodding open flesh.
That is approaching coach killing the territory, if they miss finals which seems likely. Worsfold could find himself dismissed!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez we’ve had some fun wins over the Bombres in the last few years...

- 87 point drubbing in 2015, when Crameri kicked 7 against his old side while they fell to bits after being outed as cheats.
- 40 point win over them in 2016 when they were parking the bus and their supporters had stopped showing up.
- 30 point win in 2017 when we kicked the last 4 of the game to romp it in and their supporters dropped their bundle.
- 21 point win last year when we dominated but kicked 14.20. They kicked 3 in a row in the last only to have their comeback snuffed out by Yips Daniher handballing from 8 metres out and blowing it.
- 104 point annihilation last night which included kicking a near record 21 straight goals.

Might have to do a little marathon today after the footy shows.

I know people will be curious about the last time we won by 100.

So I did the research. https://finalsiren.com/MatchDetails.asp?GameID=4319&Code=bf175670a2d6d7636ed017fffdca3837

Round 1, 2006: Western Bulldogs 25.17 167 def Richmond Tigers 7.10 52

Brad Johnson had 23 touches, 11 marks, and kicked 5 goals.

Eagleton 4 goals.

3 goals to Matthew Robbins.

2 each to Crossy, Bob, Boyd, and Adam Morgan.

Singles to Scott West, former captain turned traitor who netted us premiership hero Tom Boyd, Hahn, Wayde Skipper, and Gilbee.

(And one Dale Morris, in typical Moz fashion, puts up the Moz special of 10 touches and 7 tackles, as dependable as ever)

There's a nostalgic fun fact for the night.
I’m pretty sure that was the first time Nathan Brown played against us after leaving. Made it all the more sweet

Duryea is fantastic because he's a genuinely good defender that can also hurt teams going the other way. Crozier isn't as damaging as Duryea but he's no slouch either, so it's the same deal. Provides intercept marking/spoiling and is reliable taking it out. So when you've got Trengove/Cordy/Wood/Morris with no offensive game, or JJ/Suckling/Caleb who are backline guys not known for defensive capabilities, Duryea stands out just because he's a steady force back there.

Also have Crozier at 4th/5th best this season for us. Probably 4th. Bont/Dunkley/Macrae excluded I don't think anyone else on the team has outperformed Crozier. Basically become what Easton was for us in 15/16.

Crozier ie very damaging with ball in hand , has Duryea covered.
Is becoming a genuine A grader.
Get it in his hands as often as you can.

Duryea is fantastic because he's a genuinely good defender that can also hurt teams going the other way. Crozier isn't as damaging as Duryea but he's no slouch either, so it's the same deal. Provides intercept marking/spoiling and is reliable taking it out. So when you've got Trengove/Cordy/Wood/Morris with no offensive game, or JJ/Suckling/Caleb who are backline guys not known for defensive capabilities, Duryea stands out just because he's a steady force back there.

Also have Crozier at 4th/5th best this season for us. Probably 4th. Bont/Dunkley/Macrae excluded I don't think anyone else on the team has outperformed Crozier. Basically become what Easton was for us in 15/16.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Crozier goes close to winning our B&F, with Bont, Macrae, Dunkley, Hunter, etc taking votes off one another.

He’s been amazing this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Dogs smash the Bombers: 137 - 33

Remove this Banner Ad

Back