Great win but a very hollow feeling for me sorry to say

Gold Coast
Carlton first time
Freo first time
Norf
Collingwood second time
Aints

Feels very too little too late
I know how you feel and so do I, but what that just shows you is how scary good this team can and will be over the next few years. If we had just beaten the low end teams and kicked straight against a few others (Collingwood, Freo, Brisbane up there) then we would be in the top 4 and probably top 2. That’s how good we can and should be. Tonight was as complete a performance as I’ve seen us play. We need to bottle that and bring it again the next few weeks and we can make some noise still this season but it’s the future that I see also so exciting with such a young team.

Go Doggies!!!!

I am 99% sure that the 123 point margin was the largest lead the football club has ever had during a game in its history. In our 2 largest wins, 120 points v Melbourne in 1985 and 115 points v Richmond in 2006 - the final margin was the largest for the match.

I know people will be curious about the last time we won by 100.

So I did the research. https://finalsiren.com/MatchDetails.asp?GameID=4319&Code=bf175670a2d6d7636ed017fffdca3837

Round 1, 2006: Western Bulldogs 25.17 167 def Richmond Tigers 7.10 52

Brad Johnson had 23 touches, 11 marks, and kicked 5 goals.

Eagleton 4 goals.

3 goals to Matthew Robbins.

2 each to Crossy, Bob, Boyd, and Adam Morgan.

Singles to Scott West, former captain turned traitor who netted us premiership hero Tom Boyd, Hahn, Wayde Skipper, and Gilbee.

(And one Dale Morris, in typical Moz fashion, puts up the Moz special of 10 touches and 7 tackles, as dependable as ever)

There's a nostalgic fun fact for the night.

I can still remember that night, watching the game in the back bar of the Alexandria Hotel in Sydney.

There were only a couple of Doggies fans there, and heeps of Sydney resident Tigers fans.

From memory, the game started badly for the Tigers and only got worse. A lot worse.

Banter between the fans of each team got a bit nasty, but my enduring memory was the Tigers really nastily abusing their own players in the first two quarters.

Then they turned on each other, and starting abusing each other in the last 2 quarters.

A very funny night but I was glad when I left. Nasty bunch.

Last edited:
My month old son has only suffered one, respectable loss in his lifetime.

Feel bad for a few Bombers supporters I know but seriously most are condescending ***** and winning the flag while they got belted week in week out with half their list suspended was football nirvana. This was close.

When was the last time the Bombers won a final?

I’m pretty drunk

The world is dying due to global warming and that. And that Donald Trump is a bigger c••t than Jake stringer but only just

But tonight everything is sparkles and unicorn s**t

I hate the Bombers so much especially because I lived in moonee f**king ponds for a while. Which is just over the river from the ‘scray but could be a world away.

John worsfield. James Hird. Mount Alexander road. Mouthy twats on the Craigieburn line. Matthew Lloyd. That bouncer who refused me entry to the Waterloo cup hotel.Jake stringer. Do you hear me Jake Stringer? YOUR BOYS TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING
That is good drunk talk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know people will be curious about the last time we won by 100.

So I did the research. https://finalsiren.com/MatchDetails.asp?GameID=4319&Code=bf175670a2d6d7636ed017fffdca3837

Round 1, 2006: Western Bulldogs 25.17 167 def Richmond Tigers 7.10 52

Brad Johnson had 23 touches, 11 marks, and kicked 5 goals.

Eagleton 4 goals.

3 goals to Matthew Robbins.

2 each to Crossy, Bob, Boyd, and Adam Morgan.

Singles to Scott West, former captain turned traitor who netted us premiership hero Tom Boyd, Hahn, Wayde Skipper, and Gilbee.

(And one Dale Morris, in typical Moz fashion, puts up the Moz special of 10 touches and 7 tackles, as dependable as ever)

There's a nostalgic fun fact for the night.

Ok now find out if 21 consecutive gosls is our record, and where it stacks up league wide. Ron The Bear you're the bigfooty stats guy right?

Ok now find out if 21 consecutive gosls is our record, and where it stacks up league wide. Ron The Bear you're the bigfooty stats guy right?
Im pretty sure its the second most ever after the Cats kicking 23 in a row last year against Freo. I read 16 was the record before that.

Can't remember the feeling of beating a team by over 100 points but I do now and I like it. Glad is was vs this mob (maybe Tiggers would be better)

Amazing what happens when you kick straight nothing beats scoreboard pressure.

Great to see we didn't take the foot off the pedal.

Thought Schache was good tonight and although he dropped some marks it was the first time we had players at his feet.
Schache was involved in many of our goals tonight.

Can't remember the feeling of beating a team by over 100 points but I do now and I like it. Glad is was vs this mob (maybe Tiggers would be better)

Amazing what happens when you kick straight nothing beats scoreboard pressure.

Great to see we didn't take the foot off the pedal.

Thought Schache was good tonight and although he dropped some marks it was the first time we had players at his feet.
Schache was involved in many of our goals tonight.
Been our most improved player since he got back in the team.

Him or Lippa. Dale also has been very good

What makes this better is that everyone has a dickhead Bombers mate.

I had the pleasure of mine sitting next to me on the couch all night.

I have to wonder who was drunker, him or the Red & Black witches hats out on Marvel tonight.

Fox Footy are showing Melbourne vs Collingwood as Game of the Day, WTAF?!

That game was a putrid crime against humanity.

Watching us pile on 21 goals straight with exhilarating footy was more entertaining than that snore feat at the MCG today.

And during the night they are replaying Port vs Swans, Geelong vs Norf and Brisbane vs Gold Coast and an Open Mike episode - WTF?

(I didn’t tape our game, before anyone asks)

Our replay not on until 9.30am Tuesday, meanwhile Cats v North on 3 times before that. Weird

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Dogs smash the Bombers: 137 - 33

Remove this Banner Ad

Back