Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting that the new CEO of essendon is the former CEO of the national australia bank....

so obviously, profit and winning will be of importance, but people should keep a hand on their wallets if they attend a bomber function...

Went across the road to Gosch's paddock for a bit of a kick in this lovely weather; ended up being Isaac Quaynor's ball boy while he pinged em from all angles...

Had a bit of a chat with him too about the trade period; what a lovely dude!!

Watching 2010 GF. What a great day - best mate and I were literally in the nose bleeds but just so excited to be there.

We went the week before for the draw and had never had a more numb feeling, just didn’t know what to do…

Lead up I enjoyed then to get back a week later and witness an absolute ass kicking was even better.

Pendles and Sidey still going strong.

Go Pies.

Last edited:
Interesting that they are covering up the Optus signage at the Perth stadium for the cricket. I mentioned a couple of months ago that I'm sick of corporations paying a few millions bucks to have their name attached to something built by the Australian taxpayer....

well it seems that the data thing has suddenly let loose the dogs on Optus and politicians and media types are talking about the $5m a year that Optus pay to get their names to a $2billion stadium. About time, I say.

While I'm in the area, I see more and more corporations preaching in TV commercials about what people should be doing in their lives. F%$K off!!....clean up your own messes first mate...and talk to your fellow corporations which are on the cutting edge of stuffing up this planet for their own greed.

Anyway back to Perth stadium, I remember them trying to rename Subiaco oval years ago but everyone kept calling it Subi..... I think we should ignore Optus and call our oval what we want it to be...

interesting that the new CEO of essendon is the former CEO of the national australia bank....

so obviously, profit and winning will be of importance, but people should keep a hand on their wallets if they attend a bomber function...
This didn’t age well…

This didn’t age well…

I thought it did. I actually think it's ironic that a guy who oversaw his bank's cheating of customers and dead customers got a gig at essendon, and no one battered an eyelid until someone found his church had made some statements, evidently 10 years ago.

so honesty and trustworthiness is now coming second to saying the right things about gays..... and if anyone out there thinks i'm anti-gay then please note that i couldnt really care about their sexuality....much as I dont care about my neighbours sexuality...

and jmac, you should have a look at his church's site....interesting american pentecostal structure.... i would argue a little left of the equivalents in houston...

but back to your point, I was going to make a comment on my post the next day but something more interesting came up...

At the end, he actually seemed to accidentally push him over rather than support him.
Given old cloudy would have been about 2 years old when Landy helped up Clarke, I guess he has a unique perspective on such matters of sportmanship?

Or maybe he was suggesting that older people are more gullible and suggestible than the young? Because Gruzewski sacrificed nothing. His 2k time trial result wouldn't go anyway to deciding where he gets drafted. If he ends up at Collingwood, I shall send him straight to the Whipping Thread for being a woke virtue-signaller.

Given old cloudy would have been about 2 years old when Landy helped up Clarke, I guess he has a unique perspective on such matters of sportmanship?

Or maybe he was suggesting that older people are more gullible and suggestible than the young? Because Gruzewski sacrificed nothing. His 2k time trial result wouldn't go anyway to deciding where he gets drafted. If he ends up at Collingwood, I shall send him straight to the Whipping Thread for being a woke virtue-signaller.
I just hope we don't draft his mate who fell over several times and attempted an extremely awkward crawl to the line. We need chaps with a bit of staying power, a decent tank. As you say, Gruzewski's result is meaningless, particularly given the trial had been all but completed by him when he stopped to help thrust his mate over the finish line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just hope we don't draft his mate who fell over several times and attempted an extremely awkward crawl to the line. We need chaps with a bit of staying power, a decent tank. As you say, Gruzewski's result is meaningless, particularly given the trial had been all but completed by him when he stopped to help thrust his mate over the finish line.
But was he paid a free kick?

People talk about coaches as if they are the only ones that determine the success of a club. Have a look at st. kilda which sacks a coach two months after giving him a two year contract..... how can a coach be successful if the people around him are useless.

It seems that he wasnt sacked by the new footy boss geoff walsh, but the current CEO and a sacked former coach, Noble. And presumably the CEO remains.....there must be logic in it somewhere.

Not that I'm saying ratten should stay. i have no idea....the problem seems to be that st. kilda doesnt either...

Hi all,

I’m in Melbourne for the arvo/night from WA…..does anyone know of any good pubs that would have live music/acoustic style playing?

Cheers 👍🏻
Not much happening on a Sunday night. I’d recommend heading to Collingwood. The City is shit.

Cheers mate 👍🏻
Bodriggy brewery is good and usually has live music. Also check out The Bendigo and Birmingham Hotel.
You can also stroll up to Brunswick street

Gotta love Patty Cummins. I wonder if he'll play any more games under lights powered by those filthy gas and coal powered turbines. And I wonder, if he does, whether he'll accept payment for same.

Gotta love Patty Cummins. I wonder if he'll play any more games under lights powered by those filthy gas and coal powered turbines. And I wonder, if he does, whether he'll accept payment for same.
iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back