May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory

From the Clubs website.

Looks a really good appointment

Bulldogs supporter who was hired because “the board needs more females”, not because she was the best candidate. Great time to be a pies supporter I guess.

She sounds qualified. Very odd that we couldn’t find someone who is a Collingwood supporter... maybe it’s less uncommon than I thought to have directors of a football club who barrack for someone else?

Is it naive to expect a board member supports the club and is doing everything in their power to help the club they love? Or it doesnt' matter and just limits the field of quality applicants? I guess we feel it doesn't matter. Waislitz was a Carlton supporter when he joined the board wasn't he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it naive to expect a board member supports the club and is doing everything in their power to help the club they love? Or it doesnt' matter and just limits the field of quality applicants? I guess we feel it doesn't matter. Waislitz was a Carlton supporter when he joined the board wasn't he?

it’s not just she isn’t a Collingwood fan, but she’s genuinely anti-Collingwood. She described us as the “dark side”. heck off

So is she a Saints supporter or a Bulldogs supporter?? Or does she bounce around whatever minnow club is performing well at the time? I guess by next week her heart will be beating true for the Red and the Blue!

Seems like a Bulldogs supporter, but that post was on grand final day yeah? So even as a neutral she didnt want to support us!

so 3 women on the board and korda, Licuria, Murphy (I presume) and the new guy..

so its not gender equality so it's a fail. I presume murphy will be asked to leave to be replaced by a gender reassigned person...

It has been evident for some time that all of the best possible Collingwood-supporting candidates have been too occupied with their Big Footy accounts.

Bridie might be the best of the rest.

PS: Do people at all feel somewhat self-conscious about using/overusing a word as stale and as meaningless as 'woke'? No? Oh well, carry on carrying on.

Doesn't matter. Our captain was a Dees supporter.

Objectively Bridie seems to have a lot of experience and qualities that are perfect for a role on the board. I don't think you want to be emotive about these decisions.

Whilst it would be nice to have Collingwood supporters on the board, it’s hardly a requisite for success. She is clearly qualified, and to suggest that her ‘support’ will impede her is ridiculous. This isn’t the schoolyard, she is a professional.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back