News Dr Bridie O'Donnell elected to the board

Remove this Banner Ad

Where is her tweet, it should be retweeted 1 million times.

Licuria Vice President?! Wasn’t he an electrician ?

FWIW Lica has an MBA and held a sports admin role for years. He's a quality guy. Collingwood has 100000000000 problems, Lica is not one of them.

Actually agree here, I think the more non Collingwood people and hangers on the better, hopefully that filters down to the coaching ranks as well, it seems our own are incapable of running a football club to a required standard, or achieving any resemblance of sustained high standards.
Nah for me get people in who have no loyalties and are not afraid to run the place like a professional organisation.

I partially agree with what both you and Lucky are alluding too, but she is not running anything,nor is she going to make any impact, this is a token appointment in light of the do better report. the board is trying to make us look good in the eyes of the naysayers. Look at me, Look at me, all BS

1) What is your problem actually?

2) We have had a board chock full of supposedly Collingwood loving tragics...who have driven us off a cliff. Heaven forbid we have someone on the board who is a professional first and not a doe eyed cheerleader. They got us into this shit. We need someone brutally competent prepared to be brutally honest. I don't carte if she supports Carlton if she brings those qualities.

3) She is a hard core successful sporting person across multiple codes who has transitioned into significant leadership roles. Playing the tokenism card is an insult to her record, my intelligence, and your claims at being anything other than a moron.

4) Anything Peter Katsambaris thinks is bad is pretty much guaranteed to be good. Go look him up.

5) Again, I ask...what is your problem actually?

Don't care if she is a Collingwood supporter or not. Just do a good job.
Frizzle, yes it just astonishing.
Many people here want us to employ the likes of Leppa, Mitchell, Pyke, Wells etc etc. I wonder which club they support??
Well the response would be its irrelevant, they are employed to bring skills, acquired learning and knowledge to improve our club. Makes perfect sense. I wonder which club Clarko followed when he joined the Hawks?
Yes a board member must be a Pies fan regardless of skill, learning knowledge etc....
Apart from this thinking simply being corrupt logic, it's this thinking that the club does NOT need.

If she serves the Board and Club well or poorly her club alignment of yesterday will be about as important as a thimble full of fresh water in the Pacific Ocean.

She sounds qualified. Very odd that we couldn’t find someone who is a Collingwood supporter... maybe it’s less uncommon than I thought to have directors of a football club who barrack for someone else?

Is being a painted on Collingwood supporter a mandatory board requirement? Is she qualified? Does she fulfill a board deficit? I think she’s a great appointment. From what I’ve seen of her she speaks her mind and takes no prisoners, is a yes woman for nobody, I like that.

so 3 women on the board and korda, Licuria, Murphy (I presume) and the new guy..

so its not gender equality so it's a fail. I presume murphy will be asked to leave to be replaced by a gender reassigned person...

Haven’t you seen the photo’s of Wilson an Korda frocking up?

She wasn’t elected to the board, the board just appointed her. I thought we were a membership club and under that we get a say in who runs the club. So obviously this doesn’t matter anymore and Putin just puts himself and minions in for life.

If you don’t like the appointment then members are welcome to submit an alternative at the AGM.

Last edited:
She is a hard core successful sporting person across multiple codes who has transitioned into significant leadership roles. Playing the tokenism card is an insult to her record, my intelligence, and your claims at being anything other than a moron.

Enjoyed the entirety of your post. My lint is yours.

Thought the above quoted needed another run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly right, I’m sick to death of this politically correct nonsense. Choose the best people for the job!!

No body gives a rats if the board is gender and race balanced!

Who was a better candidate among the purported 90 interested applicants?

FWIW Lica has an MBA and held a sports admin role for years. He's a quality guy. Collingwood has 100000000000 problems, Lica is not one of them.

And neither is the appointment of this woman to the board.

I partially agree with what both you and Lucky are alluding too, but she is not running anything,nor is she going to make any impact, this is a token appointment in light of the do better report. the board is trying to make us look good in the eyes of the naysayers. Look at me, Look at me, all BS

Did you not read the press release which listed her current and past roles?

I think it's a positive having a board member who not necessarily a Collingwood supporter.
She brings a set of skills which the board are obviously in need of. If she didn't want to help, then she wouldn't have shown any interest in the role. I'm assuming it's not a paid position.
She can make decisions with her head rather than heart. Possibly be a little more objective. No reason, given her background, she can't add alot to the existing board.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the entirety of your post. My lint is yours.

Thought the above quoted needed another run.

I will be over to collect shortly. I'm just going to warm my tongue before applying it to extraction.

In order to effect the warming, I might just eat this popcorn for a while.

Popcorn.gif

We'll never know because the male candidates weren't seriously considered.

"In the interests of good governance the nominations committee, with the assistance of an executive search firm, considered an initial list of 90 potential candidates from which seven were shortlisted. It was from this process, which required approximately eight weeks to complete, that O’Donnell and the recently appointed Neil Wilson emerged"

The same 90 candidates from which the other board nominee, Neil Wilson, emerged?

Neil's an interesting name for a woman.

1) What is your problem actually?

2) We have had a board chock full of supposedly Collingwood loving tragics...who have driven us off a cliff. Heaven forbid we have someone on the board who is a professional first and not a doe eyed cheerleader. They got us into this sh*t. We need someone brutally competent prepared to be brutally honest. I don't carte if she supports Carlton if she brings those qualities.

3) She is a hard core successful sporting person across multiple codes who has transitioned into significant leadership roles. Playing the tokenism card is an insult to her record, my intelligence, and your claims at being anything other than a moron.

4) Anything Peter Katsambaris thinks is bad is pretty much guaranteed to be good. Go look him up.

5) Again, I ask...what is your problem actually?

1: Imagine someone who openly mocked Apple on social media and actively cheered against them and supported their competitors then went and got a job on the board of Apple... you seriously don't think that would raise a few eyebrows?

2: The club admitted they wanted a female to take up this vacant board spot, which in a male dominated industry means the vast majority of applicants weren't even considered because of their gender... This means the chances we got the best possible candidate is slim.

"In the interests of good governance the nominations committee, with the assistance of an executive search firm, considered an initial list of 90 potential candidates from which seven were shortlisted. It was from this process, which required approximately eight weeks to complete, that O’Donnell and the recently appointed Neil Wilson emerged"

The same 90 candidates from which the other board nominee, Neil Wilson, emerged?

Neil's an interesting name for a woman.

" Collingwood president, Mark Korda, welcomed O’Donnell and thanked Waislitz, who had been Collingwood’s longest serving director.

“My strong view is that in the 21st century the Collingwood board ought to reflect a greater gender balance, cultural diversity and a younger profile as well as the critical skills required to run a large and prominent sporting business.

So... yeah.. the guy who made the appointment comes out and says he STRONGLY wanted another female on the board, but you can believe that it was a completely fair and open process if you want. BTW, do you wanna buy some magic beans I have?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back