Prediction Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Id love to hear about these concessions that the SA and WA clubs are getting.
We're being allowed to play in the Bulldogs competition and they have reluctantly accepted our money to save themselves from going under...nice of the Dogs, Dees, Geelong etc to conceed that to us

Anymore news on the stkilda/GC pick swap ?

Makes a lot of sense for both clubs, Saints still get a very good player at 6, presumably M.King or Smith (who ever port don't take at 5) and gain a pick in the 20s and GC can get the three SA lads Luko, Rankine and Rozee (pairing all three would further improve retention) and don't have to worry about port taking either Rankine or Rozee before GCs third pick.

Anymore news on the stkilda/GC pick swap ?

Makes a lot of sense for both clubs, Saints still get a very good player at 6, presumably M.King or Smith (who ever port don't take at 5) and gain a pick in the 20s and GC can get the three SA lads Luko, Rankine and Rozee (pairing all three would further improve retention) and don't have to worry about port taking either Rankine or Rozee before GCs third pick.

I’ve got some pretty solid mail that STK are locked into Rozee and will not swap.

I’ve got some pretty solid mail that STK are locked into Rozee and will not swap.

He's a keen saints fan so would be pretty happy going there.

Any idea who they'd take if he wasn't there ? Wonder if it has GC reevaluating who they take at 3.

There was a rumour a while back GC wanted Luko and Rozee to try help with retention, although id doubt Rozee would make it past Port if the saints didn't take him so probably doesn't change anything for GC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any idea who they'd take if he wasn't there ? Wonder if it has GC reevaluating who they take at 3.

There was a rumour a while back GC wanted Luko and Rozee to try help with retention, although id doubt Rozee would make it past Port if the saints didn't take him so probably doesn't change anything for GC.
So far Lukosius and Rankine lock if Carlton take Sam Walsh . Listen to Emma from GWS they like Ben King , so if Caldwell and Rozee not available at 6 , a deal could be done with them on draft night .
Pick 6,29 to GWS
Pick 9, 19 to GCS

It's called a national draft because the kids are drafted from anywhere in the nation, has no relation to where they're going.

If Vic kids want to stay in Victoria then that's an advantage that levels the playing field a bit more for the Melbourne clubs and Geelong. Seems fair considering the concessions interstate clubs have gotten over the years.
This is obnoxious level gaslighting.

Not a rumour just info:

West coasts pick 20 will be the first pick of day 2.
Makes sense. Especially given the likelihood of at least 2, probably 3 and maybe 4 academy picks in the first round meaning the first night will go over 20 selections. At 5 minutes per pick they'll do without that extra Eagles pick and try to stay somewhere close to 2 hours. I'm a fan of the extended coverage for the first round of the draft but they have to make it good TV.

The feeling is Saints would pick (in order):
1. Rankine
2. M King
3. Rozee

I get the feeling Gold Coast will draft M King. Just a hunch.

It has also been mentioned that both Lukosius and Rozee were recently shown through the new Moorabbin development. It is a fantastic facility. All pretty standard with the lads still unsure where they will end up.

If Gold Coast draft the King twins then Lukosius, Rankine and Rozee will all be on the board and available. Decision time then for the mighty Saints. Presumably the Crows, Suns and possibly PA will be firing in some proposed pick swaps for pick 4.

That would be really interesting if it indeed happened. It would be great theatre for the live coverage.

If Gold Coast draft the King twins then Lukosius, Rankine and Rozee will all be on the board and available. Decision time then for the mighty Saints. Presumably the Crows, Suns and possibly PA will be firing in some proposed pick swaps for pick 4.

Seems pretty unlikely to happen based on what practically every draft journalist is saying. It's a dream scenario for the Saints but is probably just that, a dream.

Seems pretty unlikely to happen based on what practically every draft journalist is saying. It's a dream scenario for the Saints but is probably just that, a dream.

I think one of the issues Gold Coast is considering is player retention. It must be a factor as is their need to replace their KPPs in May and Lynch.

I really don’t know what will happen but drafting the King twins must be an option for them. Ben is seen to be almost as good as Max so they can obviously play.

Next week’s draft will be fascinating.

I think one of the issues Gold Coast is considering is player retention. It must be a factor as is their need to replace their KPPs in May and Lynch.

I really don’t know what will happen but drafting the King twins must be an option for them. Ben is seen to be almost as good as Max so they can obviously play.

Next week’s draft will be fascinating.

You’re absolutely right, it makes so much sence. They need KPP and th king twins want to play together, so if they end up at the same club odds of leaving are so much smaller then the average player.

Looking foward to draft night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Back