List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't be the first time a player got his contract and then promptly stopped giving a shit.
That's why clubs have to very selective about long-term contracts ......some as you say "money's in the bank" and their work effort drops

Notable examples ....Cloke? .....soon to be joined by Carlisle ?

Fyfe was recruited as a Forward Pocket .....Dangerfield as a HBF

Doedee only played 4 games in 2105 so hardly going to play in the guts

Reliving this thread, and i have to say we definitely got value from the Doedee pick.

Who would of pictured he was still running around, and making an impact 90 years after we drafted him? Not me.

Maybe Milera will turn out fine, I'm just saying his highlights packages clearly indicate kicking is not one of his strengths, which is disappointing given where the game is currently at.

I fail to see how anyone could be questioned for being less than pleased with what happened to our second pick, it's really hard to grasp any positives out of a massively left field selection, that we spent a great deal on, when he has such a thin profile.
Interesting re Milera and his kicking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'mon Jeff has the Rabbit posted anything half complimentary to a player....EVER????????????????????

It's his shtick, i suppose.

I look forward to him being right about a player one day though. Hell will freeze over.

He's only in the team as long as others fail to push him out. If we get an absolute gun with #9, who is ready to go from R1, then I will quite happily say goodbye NVB.
I wasn't going to quote this but as the thread has been rebumped I found this an interesting quote. I might be wrong but didn't Vader cop some rubbish because people thought he was making revisionist history? Or have I proved him wrong? :$

All evidence points to Milera's kicking being quite good. Placing kicks directly to the point of advantage of the receiving player on many occasions. With experience I expect his possession numbers to grow and any weaknesses with kicking (none stand out yet) to improve.
He's already the best kick in the club IMO

Nobody's perfect I guess

Schache please.

Francis and Collins. Premierships are built on defense. Get that set, we have the inside mids and outside runners now. Forward line exceptional despite lack of depth in talls.
Draft/trade to upgrade midfield next year (Neale/Parker?)

Brown ~ Collins ~ Lever
Laird ~ Talia ~ Francis
Smith, Seedsman, Hampton

I'd take Balic over Oliver, could be a good option at 13 if we get Francis.

WW - you're completely illogical. Collins is a need if we think we can upgrade on Hartigan. And no, Lever is not the same type of player.

Collins and Milera would be ideal.

Brown ~ Collins ~ Lever
Laird ~ Talia ~ Seedsman

Top 4 defense in a few years.

I thought it was obvious but I guess I'm going to have to spell it out to you.
Half backs like Bonner, Tucker etc, Collins (not a half back), Burton (also not a half back) will be available at 13. Given I don't think Bonner or Tucker are much of a need given we have a smorgasbord of outside half back types now.. A quality key back like Collins or potential star forward like Burton would be a better option if they are best available.

Nobody's perfect I guess
Francis will come good.
Balic was rated at the time (you too!)
Collins will be picked back up this year, slow developer. If he was drafted by Adelaide I think we would’ve developed better as we develop KPD well.
Nothing too outrageous there apart from Oliver who has become a star and was only highly rated weeks before the draft.

Milera was always a first round pick from mid draft year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back