Draper and cohort concerned

Remove this Banner Ad

Management or the family are concerned?

There are a few questions the more I think about it and the less blame I place on the club.

Rachele is a convenient excuse. Yeah it didnt look great but does draper act like that? No. Dowling, Taylor, Nankervis have all being playing. A more realistic excuse would have been Curtins treatment.

Questions:
Why the week of the AFL Grand Final?
- timing trade week. Melbourne with pick 5 is on the brink of losing two big midfielders in Petracca and Oliver and there are talks of losing Pickett. We have pick 4. That to me is a huge coincidence. This is concerning for the AFL.

Maybe they tried this internally and think Rachele can handle it (he seems like the type of player who can).

Literally anybody with half a brain outside the club said it was a ridiculous way to handle the situation, ex players all over the place said it was awful.

You know who needs a real kick in the arse?

Nicks. The rest of the Coaches. The Board. Our Leadership group.

Unless the Boys Club change their ways, our team is going nowhere.

We all know deep down no meanful change will occur regardless of any sort of kick up the arse the club gets. We're shit, is what it is.

Strangely, Nicks and Murphy both supported Rachele but the other senior players probably blamed him for the KO of Rankine by Houston.

Every single thing that happened, every player mouthpiece that spoke out, was all 100% stage managed by our senior footy people. Nix and Kelly controlled the narrative from our side from the get go. Nothing happened by accident, except maybe Laird's initial salvo. Which gave Nix et al the opportunity to continue hanging Rachele out to dry or to contradict the entitled senior player that embarrassed himself, Josh and the club. Enter other senior players who couldn't care less about the club and only give a crap about protecting their own underperforming group.

Who gives. Shit about his concerns

If he is available and the best option - pick him

He’s concerns are looking in from the outside, however pick him and change his perception from actually being inside the club

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah like we did with McCasey

Surprising ANB is so keen to get to the Crows given he's also with the same management team as Sid Draper?

They couldn't have clued ANB up it seems.
Irrelevant. Do you think ANB gives a rats ass about the culture. He has won his premiership. Now at the age of 29 he is here for the cash grab, to pad his retirement fund.

He used Adelaide's desperation for a good news story to his advantage.

Just because he can handle it, doesn't mean there was any reason to do it.

There is no doubt you are right and he was clearly upset at the time. I hope everyone involved has had a long sit down and cleared the air.

However this is smoke and mirrors. No reason at all for Draper to be worried about a 3rd year players treatment when he over looked the treatment of Curtin which was the far bigger crime in comparison of the two. Which makes me think Rachele was the convenient excuse in a rush to come up with one for the media leak.

Every single thing that happened, every player mouthpiece that spoke out, was all 100% stage managed by our senior footy people. Nix and Kelly controlled the narrative from our side from the get go. Nothing happened by accident, except maybe Laird's initial salvo. Which gave Nix et al the opportunity to continue hanging Rachele out to dry or to contradict the entitled senior player that embarrassed himself, Josh and the club. Enter other senior players who couldn't care less about the club and only give a crap about protecting their own underperforming group.
Yeah I think Laird's initial comments were not planned. Then the club could have poured cold water on it by getting Laird and Rachele to do a presser at training together, acting friendly, back pats all around, nothing to see here etc. Instead they chose to double down, sent Dawson out there to reiterate Laird's comments. ****ing morons.

Now this is the worrying part from an AFL perspective. This looks every bit of draft tampering. There is no way the camp would have spoken to the media unless they had an agenda. No reason at all for the media to go chasing that story on its own on grand final week. The only link would be trade week. Why would it matter on trade week. Melbourne have pick 5, I wonder if they have offered draper a higher contract and draper has been asked to sew the seeds of doubt so Adelaide trade pick 4 for Oliver. Or Essendon have a deal in place to get higher in the draft order.

Either way it smells and I believe the AFL should investigate. No draftee should be voicing concerns not even family or friends about any club.

The AFL needs to be stricter on this generally. I dont care from a crows perspective but every year now we see players and their families find concerns with some clubs and air them publicly. To me thats draft tampering. I would not be against the AFL coming out strong and banning players from the draft combine and ban them from club interviews. Or if it happens in the lead in to the draft, ban them altogether from the draft for the year. Its a privilege not a right. And I think some players and families are trying work arounds to get to preferred destinations and no doubt some clubs are involved. Essendon and Melbourne are conveniently both clubs with midfield issues. Now Draper says this

If the Adelaide football club trade pick 4 for Oliver I am completely done with them and will riot on the streets!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who gives. Shit about his concerns

If he is available and the best option - pick him

He’s concerns are looking in from the outside, however pick him and change his perception from actually being inside the club

Agree. My concern is whether this is all part of manipulating some trade deals to place them in front of the Crows on draft day. The timing before trade week is heavily suspicious.

The only evidence of a player not following the script is Rachelle and look what happened to him

Well, well, well. Who'd have thunk that a bunch of inept senior players having crap years teeing off on a kid for enjoying his footy would have consequences.

I would imagine the brains trust of Nix, Roo and Kelly would be wondering whether we can punish young Sid before we draft him or will we have to wait till draft night?
Honestly, if this is true it says alot more about Draper and his 'cohort' than it does about the AFC.

Of course this drops right before the trade / draft period…
Some positive Crows related news for a change would be nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't float or respond to rumours on here often as my AFL contacts are minimal. I do have a contact at South Adelaide I will see tomorrow morning. I'll ask if he knows anything about this. Spoke to him some weeks ago and he said Draper was happy to come to us. Not sure if it was before or after the Rachelle thing.
I'll post if I find anything out.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's missing the point by a very long way. It doesn't matter where he ends up or whether we were even interested in him. For this type of information to leak out is exceedingly rare, players like Bailey Smith or Cyril Rioli tanking interviews is massive news. For a player's management group to allow their concerns about a club's method of dealing with younger players to come out is rare air. And it's not out of nowhere, numerous posters on this board have suggested how we treated Rachele suggested a massive structural/cultural problem.

But you can turn a blind eye if it helps.
It also gives AFC players an excuse for an easy out "why should I show loyalty when everyone knows how toxic the AFC is". The so called "experts" among the supporter base don't seem to be able to grasp this simple concept.

This off field shit just keeps happening again and again because there are always so many happy clappers in our supporter base who are willing to defend the club no matter the severity of the incident. It's a no-win situation for those of us who are desperate for a better club.

I call it a kick in the ass

FFS people need to toughen the **** up

How would some of these young player have played under Kerls, Hafey, Parkin etc

Honestly have we become that soft

There is time to support, but there are times you need tough love, he’s had plenty of support - it was tine for tough love

I’ll go as far as saying - it will be the making of him as a player and as a leader

Harden uo people

The great thing about a delusional view from an atypical club apologist is that if Rach asks to be traded out, he can just say that he's soft and wasn't able to accept the very reasonable public feedback that the senior players gave him. I mean, how easy is to turn a player from a genuine problem into a leader, all you need to do is publicly embarrass them.

Honestly, if this is true it says alot more about Draper and his 'cohort' than it does about the AFC.
Let's face it, a reporter exposes himself pretty badly if he runs with something like this if it isn't true. The Draper family would refute it in an instant and he'd be cooked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draper and cohort concerned

Remove this Banner Ad

Back