Draper and cohort concerned

Remove this Banner Ad

This.

It's like the camp situation when all sorts of rumours started flying around. Of course many were BS but it didn't matter as our image was in tatters.

How Nicks and Kelly still have a job is ****ing staggering. Anywhere else would have done an actual review and marched them out the door.
It's simple - we tolerate mediocrity and have gone away from being a high-achieving, performance-driven organisation.

A proper review would result in breaking up the boys club and the board... We don't do that here sadly.

This useless club need to invest in some sort of comms team. Do they even monitor this, ****ing chaos. Any competent team would've stifled this before it leaked or addressed it immediately.

Well maybe Nicks went to interview Sid. Based on his track record of interviewing players who decide not to come, Sid would only be another name on the long and distinguished list.

Well maybe Nicks went to interview Sid. Based on his track record of interviewing players who decide not to come, Sid would only be another name on the long and distinguished list.

Let’s talk about Nicks track record of retaining young talent, and interstate young talent

Let’s not forget prior to Nicks the club had an average record of retaining players, under Nicks we have kept the young kids that we have wanted to retain

I get the criticism of Nicks but honestly it’s become a pile-on, and people have now lost the ability to seperate what he has done well, and where has he failed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's working in public relations for the club at the moment? Just shit show after shit show and all the club can manage is a Yay ROB on your community award.

Port spin a mountain of bullshit to find a positive narrative and we just sit on our hands scoff tilt our nose up and lay the well we're still the number 1 team in SA on thick then blame anyone but the club.

It's bloody embarrassing and they wonder why players are choosing to play at Port over our club.

Who's working in public relations for the club at the moment? Just shit show after shit show and all the club can manage is a Yay ROB on your community award.

Port spin a mountain of bullshit to find a positive narrative and we just sit on our hands scoff tilt our nose up and lay the well we're still the number 1 team in SA on thick then blame anyone but the club.

It's bloody embarrassing and they wonder why players are choosing to play at Port over our club.
Dealing with this stuff is beneath us

We operate on a higher plain

Us garden variety fans might get worried and want the club to act but:

Club: Let them eat cake

Ian Shuttleworth (ex Ch10 footy reporter) and Reece Homfray (ex Advertiser sports journo) are two of the higher-ups in our Media / Comms teams. Two seemingly well-credentialed operators who I’d expect better from TBH.

Our club always seem very shut off in the media outside posts that appeal to the older happy-clapping crowd. Certainly don’t see any memes or younger-focused engagement either.

Yep. With all of the talk of off-season changes, I really hope the PR / comms function is towards the top of the pile. It's been a shitshow for as long as I can remember now.

Their inability to get in front of stories and control the narrative beggars belief sometimes.

Just spoke to a mate involved at SAFC, he doesn’t believe the report - went as far to say Draper family are crows supporters

Again this is his view, but he is involved at South Adelaide

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
This could well be true and, if so, I'd be genuinely horrified that a reporter is having a negative impact on my kids draft chances. I'd be making a statement to the contrary if I was them, or his manager. So let's see what happens.

Now we can’t even get SA based players that haven’t been drafted wanting play for us.

Seriously, sack the CEO, sack the coach, sack everyone over 30. Let’s start again. Been a laughing stock for too long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draper and cohort concerned

Remove this Banner Ad

Back