DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im gonna trade really agressivily. Im aiming to have just 7 trades left for the last 12 rounds. I will either learn a valuable lesson or i will succeed.

With this my team will be complete of absolute guns. With very good emergencies if my 4 week trading plan goes smoothly and i have no hiccups along the way.

teamr6.jpg

What would you do with this team *my team* considering SUBAN >> HARGRAVE and waiting on trengrove, martin and mckenzie to rise.. use the 350K left over to upgrade to premiums

Screenshot2010-05-07at93735AM.png

Ok that is my current team. 15 trades, 30k in the bank. I'm planning on upgrading Macguire to Hargrave next week, i'm just not sure where the money will come from. Probably downgrading Nason or Silvagni. What do you guys recon? Obviously my forwards are the weakest point in my team. I just don't see good value there at the moment.

You got a pritty solid team there mate! Youve already used 5 trades if i were you id run nason and sit on it for a week or so. If your dead set on getting hargrave in i wouldnt do it this week. He still has the 65 in his score so if he scores well is isnt gonna shoot straigh back up in one week. It also gives you more confidence that he has turned it around. Anyone playing in the doggies defence could of scored well last week with the zone stkilda was playing.

As i said i would save your trades till next week. Shephard is debuting this week for west coast who is a promising defender so you could always downgrade nason or silvagni to him next week or the week after. Also rohan is debuting at sydney this week who also comes with big wraps. SO plent of options to downgrade next week if you want. If you wanna downgrade this week then i would drop someone to hams. Looks the most likley to hold his spot imo and is still at a good price. Either way i wouldnt bring in hargrave till next week minimum.

Im gonna trade really agressivily. Im aiming to have just 7 trades left for the last 12 rounds. I will either learn a valuable lesson or i will succeed.

With this my team will be complete of absolute guns. With very good emergencies if my 4 week trading plan goes smoothly and i have no hiccups along the way.
My philosophy is similar, but not quite that aggressive. Injuries aside, I plan to have a trade hiatus for 2-3 weeks after round 8, leaving me with 11 trades for the last 11-12 rounds.

If you break down your current best 22 into premiums, potential keepers and cash cows/upgraders, how would it look after this week's trades?

Mine will be as follows:

Backs: Hodge, Goddard, Enright, Duffield (premiums). Kennelly, Water (potential keepers) Gwilt (upgrader) Bench: Maguire, Nason

Mids: Ablett, Swan, Gibbs, Selwood (premiums) Barlow (keeper) Trengove (upgrader) Bench: Howlett, JKT

Rucks: Sandi (premium) Naita (potential keeper) Bench: Warnock, Lobbe

Forwards: Chapman, ROK, Goodes, Pavlich, Brown (premiums) Pods (potential keeper) Betts (upgrader) Bench: Rockliff, Roberts

In a few weeks time, I plan to downgrade Maguire or Nason to a rookie, and use the money to upgrade Trengove to a premium.

Trade #1
Bastinac > Howlett
or
Bastinac > Swan
or
Nothing

Trade #2
Hall > Fyfe
or
Hall > Grant
or
Nothing

18 trades, league win

Trade #1
Bastinac > Howlett
or
Bastinac > Swan
or
Nothing

Trade #2
Hall > Fyfe
or
Hall > Grant
or
Nothing

18 trades, league win

Out of those trades if ya got the money id go bastanic to swan. Dont think his gonna drop a whole lot lower than he is not tbh

not sure what trades to do at this stage
Hodge, Goddard, Carrazzo, Duffield, Enright, Waters, Hunt (Maguire, Nason)

Swan, Bartel, Mitchell, Barlow, Cassisi, Trengove (Bastinac, Shuey)

Hille, Tippett (Warnock, McNamara)

Brown, Rok, Pav, Gia, Gray, Pods, Ziebell (Gumbleton, Davis)

Maybe
Bastinac --> Howlett
Tippett --> Cox
???

Just upgraded Ziebell to Didak
My last 3 fwds are Gumby with Danger and Hitchcock on the bench, should i downgrade one of the bench warmers to Fyfe or just sit? 14 trades and $62k leftover

Just upgraded Ziebell to Didak
My last 3 fwds are Gumby with Danger and Hitchcock on the bench, should i downgrade one of the bench warmers to Fyfe or just sit? 14 trades and $62k leftover

If your gonna downgrade one id downgrade danger. Gumby has a negative BE and hitchcock wont net you enough money. That being said there are some interesting rookies debuting this week and some interesting ones debuted last week which might be worth looking at before jumpin the gun. Then again if you think Fyfes js is ok the he isnt a bad option. If i were you if probably hold

Well done bbco49.

Somebody doing a forward line upgrade.

Having 14 trades left is good. Stay with that, going down to 13 at this stage would be a no no, it's a long way before we even make it to the week break.

fwd line was a problem area but with Didak there looks a bit better! Willing to wait a week on Hargrave as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done bbco49.

Somebody doing a forward line upgrade.

Having 14 trades left is good. Stay with that, going down to 13 at this stage would be a no no, it's a long way before we even make it to the week break.

Would if could. Not many options this week holding Ottens & Seaby :(

Is anyone else thinking of doing Kennelly/Waters -> Hargrave? Or do people see this as a pointless trade?

im ignoring it
but i also have ladson/obrien in my backs (soon to be gilbert), so it is pretty weak compared to the rest of my team..
if you have 5 premiums in your back than that trade isnt so pointless, but for someone like me, im finding it to be more benificial to keep waters/kennely as keepers for the time being.
on the topic of backs, im seriously considering keeping nason/maguire on the bench the whole year..or until an out and out gun rookie comes through..
i think i can downgrade elsewhere and successfully upgrade ladson with the money i earn from it.

I'm probably going to do ziebell/hall to pavlich/howlett. My only problem with that is i'd end up with 5 freo players, which seems a lot. Still, pavlich seems to be the best option in the 400k range...

Is anyone else thinking of doing Kennelly/Waters -> Hargrave? Or do people see this as a pointless trade?
Been thinking about doing it all week. Both good pros and cons to the trade. 90% sure I wont do it, but with 4 hours to go, who the **** knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back