DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we to assume that your original 30 has remained intact, and you are sitting comfortably in the top 1000?

Was it a rash trade to jump on Pods at $77,800? You win some trades, you lose some trades.

Whilst some of us want to get our premiums into the team asap, you take the Steven Bradbury approach, and hope the everyone ahead of you falls over. Now that is luck.

where did i say you should not make any trades? what i said was you don't have to jump at every halfway justifiable trade because you think that's the only way you'll "gain ground". way to be bipolar about things.

the teams making 2 trades every week just to "stay on top" or "gain ground" are the ones that will crash starting in round 14

esp. now that people are starting to rapidly cash cycle

it's important to leave one reasonably backable emg like ladson or gumby or martin at most times in each line otherwise if your team is full of JKTs and howletts then have fun using another donut trade when one of your field players goes down.

where did i say you should not make any trades? what i said was you don't have to jump at every halfway justifiable trade because you think that's the only way you'll "gain ground". way to be bipolar about things.

the teams making 2 trades every week just to "stay on top" or "gain ground" are the ones that will crash starting in round 14

esp. now that people are starting to rapidly cash cycle

it's important to leave one reasonably backable emg like ladson or gumby or martin at most times in each line otherwise if your team is full of JKTs and howletts then have fun using another donut trade when one of your field players goes down.

Spot On:thumbsu:

Learnt this the hard way in my first season on this boared in 2007 and the first season i started taking dream team seriously. Burnt two trades MOST weeks and my team peaked in about round 13 and i moved into the top 100. DIdnt stay there for long as i had run out of trades and naturally started to get injuries, players rested etc. Ended up finishing outside the top 1000. I think its important to try pick out the best of the debuting rookies rather than jumping on every cash cow that looks ok. Its a hard skill and takes alot of self control coz it is awfully tempting sometimes to jump on a JKT.

Also very important to have decent cover on your bench. Especially late in the season when Geelong rest ablett of stkilda rest montagna, you need cover to cover these players because they will only be out for a week which isnt enough for a trade imo.

I'm pretty sure I won't be making any trades this week, but **** is it tempting!

I have 15 trades left and a little over 180k in the bank.

I've been toying with the idea of downgrading Maguire to Davis (yes, I know Davis has already had a price rise but I don't necessarily subscribe to the theory that it is bad to downgrade to a cash cow that has already gone up a bit in price....and Maguire has just about peaked anyway) and then upgrading Trengove to Swan.

Very very tempting to get Swan in my team but I think I'll wait - Trengove has a few more weeks in him yet, and Swan has a reasonably high B/E, so if he does rise in price it won't be such a significant rise.

I'll wait for another opportunity but my finger will be hovering over the trade button for most of the day - I hate passing up on the opportunity to get an absolute DT star into my team but there will probably be better opportunities.

What Jeremias said. Esp when going for a league win need to keep trades.

Martin Trengove and possibly Bastinac have plenty left in them IMO.

Every year new rookie options develop as the season goes on. Just don't want to miss out on a Broughton type, but that seems to be Barlow this year.

Any words of wisdom on the following?

$32,200 in the bank

Bringing in Cunnington this week for either Scully or Trengove.

Week after I intend to bring in Brown for Gumbleton.

Ideally I'd trade Scully for Cunnington but if I do that an Brown and Gumbleton score their averages (57.83 & 99.00) I'll fall short $2,900.

Is it worth the risk to trade Scully over Cunnington and potentially get caught out next week or play it safe?

Maguire -> Roberton
Ziebell -> Hayes/Pendles/Gibbs/Selwood

Any suggestions on a midfielder under $425k to get? I'm leaning Hayes at this point but Gibbs is also tempting. I already have Ablett/Bartel so I'm reluctant to get Selwood.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

Got $44k in the bank with 12 trades remaining.

Wanna trade out Ziebell for Fyfe which will give me enough cash to trade out Dangerfield for Giansiracusa.

I'm just thinking twice about trading this week - I really wanna bring in Gia before his price goes up further - wanna save the remaining trades for latter half of season.

What are your thoughts on this?

Maguire -> Roberton

Any suggestions on a midfielder under $425k to get? I'm leaning Hayes at this point but Gibbs is also tempting. I already have Ablett/Bartel so I'm reluctant to get Selwood.

James Mcdonald avg 106.33 413K
Scott Pendlebury 417K
A.Selwood
Griffin.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

Got $44k in the bank with 12 trades remaining.

Wanna trade out Ziebell for Fyfe which will give me enough cash to trade out Dangerfield for Giansiracusa.

I'm just thinking twice about trading this week - I really wanna bring in Gia before his price goes up further - wanna save the remaining trades for latter half of season.

What are your thoughts on this?

hold your trades,,,...there will always be 'bargains' and 'rookies' to jump on...but 12 trades is on the low side for this early stage

Just a thought, if Batinac goes back to his avergae before the last 2 weeks, he'l rise to about 270K in 3-4 weeks. I'm considering holding onto him but at the same time, realise that guys like Swan?montagna and co aren't going to stay around the 470K mark for much longer. What I really need is Moles to play another 2-3 games asap so I can leave Martin on the bench for the year. At this stage I'll probably get rid of Bastinac for Howlett because I think a lot of people are underselling the fact that he is a pretty capable player. Sure he was dropped by Knights after two reasonably good games, but that was because he was seen to not work hard enough 'the other way'. If he can show that he will do this when again in the seniors, then I see no reason why he shouldn't string quite a few games together. If the Bombers cop a few midfield injuries at the right times throughout the year then there is no reason why he can't spend the majority of the rest of the year in the side.

Last week I didn't get on the JKT bandwagon because I had a feeling he wouldn't last long once Mitchell and Burgoyne were back. In the end it didn't even take for them to come back for him to be dropped. I just have a gut feeling that Howlett is a good option this time around.

Anyone worried about Fyfe's low disposal count versus Grant's? That's the only thing holding up my trade at the minute. Similar TOG, and the only thing that made Fyfe's Rnd6 score respectable was his 2 goals.

236k in the bank, 15 trades remaining.. this week:
Banner or Shuey(not sure who)>Howlett
Maguire>Hargrave

then next week:
Hall or Ziebell to someone over 400k or Steve Johnson if he backs up his performance from last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to agree with this - and i'm one stuck in that situation in my mids at the moment. I'm just hoing Shuey can get back on the park in the next few weeks and that I can avoid injury in the meantime.

The good news is I plan to upgrade a few of my mids, so if they do go down, a trade is planned anyway

OK I turn to BigFooty trading discussion forum for the first time this season...
Team Summary: Ranked 1507th
Cash: $279200
Trades left: 18 (2 this round)

I want Gary Ablett. It is causing me pain to not have him (although caused joy last week that I hadn't got him in for Ball on Thursday night). But I can't straight swap Bastinac to Ablett (about 30k short)
So do you think I should straight swap Bastinac to anyone but Ablett (eg Boyd, Montagna, Judd etc) - I already have Swan and Stanton.
Or do you think I should downgrade someone (prematurely). The guys that I have which could be downgraded are Silvagni, Nason and Maguire (I regard Waters as a keeper despite his score last week), and Hitchcock (to Jaensch, Grant, Fyfe?). I want to keep Luke Ball for now after his big 120 and will rise in price for a couple of weeks. Oh, and don't want to downgrade D. Martin, and already have Howlett.

The other option is something I'm leaning to but perhaps need to be talked out of: downgrading Eddie Betts. He's averaged 78 with 4 good scores and 2 poor ones. His BE is 87, which he's beaten 4/6 games this year but is playing the Saints who still are one of the best defenses (and midfields) going around. The options for Betts are basically Chris Dawes (2 games, avg 93, BE -18, but they were both big Pies wins, realistically he won't average higher than Betts this year but just gives me a nice 74k now with prices rises to come) or the same three FWD base-pricers I mentioned above.

Final thoughts
Not sure how Boyd will go returning from broken hand, will GAJ rip up Sydney like he has in the past? Judd started last year with a string of tonnes but dropped right off, will it happen again?

Maguire -> Roberton

I don't know why people want assurances about Gibbs.

He's an absolute DT gun capable of 150+ point scores and a yearly average well over 100.

I don't know why people want assurances about Gibbs.

He's an absolute DT gun capable of 150+ point scores and a yearly average well over 100.

I'm not looking for assurances, I'm just vacillating between him and Hayes ;) I know they're both guns (and especially as they're playing each other this week)!

I'm now considering Stevenson as a downgrade.

Has had the one game at the SCG.

Good kick to handball ratio with a few marks and tackles.

Job security might not be awesome but I think he could hold his spot if he performs.

Could be an interesting one! With masten out for a while leaves the door open for someone like stevenson to play. He will definately need to have a few good weeks tho as dalziell will be knocking on the door for selection you would think.
West Coast have a REASONABLY smooth 4 weeks coming up tho so will be interesting to see how he goes.

I'm not looking for assurances, I'm just vacillating between him and Hayes ;) I know they're both guns.

Id grab Gibbs then mate. WIll pull the scores Hayes pulls, probably get a little less attention due to murphy and Judd attracting the 1 and 2 tags and is much more durable.

Hey guys can anyone shed some light on Jarred Grant's chances of retaining his spot for the next few weeks in order to make some cash?

Trying to decode between downgrading to him or Fyfe.

Cheers

Screenshot2010-05-07at93735AM.png

Ok that is my current team. 15 trades, 30k in the bank. I'm planning on upgrading Macguire to Hargrave next week, i'm just not sure where the money will come from. Probably downgrading Nason or Silvagni. What do you guys recon? Obviously my forwards are the weakest point in my team. I just don't see good value there at the moment.

I can *just* read who is in your team mate. Anyway you're right your forward line can't be helped at this stage.
If you want Hargrave need to get him in this week because Maguire's out and therefore won't improve in price whereas Hargrave only needs 42 to break even, will probably get double that. So if you want Hargrave get him in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back