Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone know who the guy putting the jacket on him is? Have Richmond given him 420k a season cause they're spending 80k a year on Dusty's new personal butler?
I think we need Butler's in the AFL, could create another body of leeches that try to take their own piece of the glory.

First we had umpires, then journalists, then player managers, next...butlers!

That offer was taken off the table when he was out on BOTH the Monday night and Saturday night before our Sunday final.

So do you think this latest 420 offer is just a stunt to get Dusty to say .... you i quit.

Shit i hope it doesnt work :eek:

Damian Barret just said on the sunday footy show that Dustin Martin will now be on 420k a year. He didn't say where he heard it from or anything.
Interesting nonetheless. o_O
I take what he says with a grain of salt....according to him a few days ago dusty simply could not stay at richmond....now he's signing for 420K? :rolleyes:
He may end up being right but it's all just speculation at the moment

So do you think this latest 420 offer is just a stunt to get Dusty to say .... you i quit.

Shit i hope it doesnt work :eek:

No not a stunt. Just paying him what is now left, we have nothing to lose with the offer if we don't really care whether he stays or not anyway.

I really think the club would have been praying for pick 2 from Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have spoken to the man, not saying anything cause i've found all you do is get shot down if you stick your head out around here. What I will say is he isn't happy about the way some so called 'supporters' treated him and seemed very quiet. To those saying he shouldn't of been at tramp or out at all, pull your heads in, he gets so little time every year where he can go out get hammered and not be getting in strife for it, let him live now or he'll do it when he shouldn't be and you'll all be hating him like you were a few days ago. He's only human.

People shouldn't get too excited about the lovely things being said about him by people at the club.
We are hardly going to shitcan him if we were dangling him out there for Brisbane.

Think he will sign but really you have to take everything both positive and negative comments with a grain of salt in this business.

Have spoken to the man, not saying anything cause i've found all you do is get shot down if you stick your head out around here. What I will say is he isn't happy about the way some so called 'supporters' treated him and seemed very quiet. To those saying he shouldn't of been at tramp or out at all, pull your heads in, he gets so little time every year where he can go out get hammered and not be getting in strife for it, let him live now or he'll do it when he shouldn't be and you'll all be hating him like you were a few days ago. He's only human.

I'm not endorsing the way some of our supporters carried on - like the ******ed shit on instagram f.e. (though still not convinced they were all Richmond supporters)- but maybe he needs to have a word with blokes like Nathan Brown and realise that nearly every player that leaves a club in similar circumstances cops exactly the same shit from certain section of that club's fan base. (and yes I know he hasn't actually left (yet) )

Just A thought...... For those that are still angry at Dusty for even considering leaving our great club, have a look at the Taylor Adams and trade threads. Players such as Foley, Grimes, bachelor and White being discussed as trade bait. At some point in the future Dusty and every other player on our list will be assessed in this way. I don't have a problem with Dusty looking around (albeit the way it's been handled by Carr is very poor), and I don't have a problem with us trading players either. That is just the way it is. Having said that I also am really impressed by the way the club has handled this.
Go Tiges!!!

Agree but dont agree with the underhanded way it was done by his manager.

Hate to bring up the PM thing again, but if you don't mind, could you PM me about what else he said. Its fine if you dont want to.

I'm not endorsing the way some of our supporters carried on - like the ******ed shit on instagram f.e. (though still not convinced they were all Richmond supporters)- but maybe he needs to have a word with blokes like Nathan Brown and realise that nearly every player that leaves a club in similar circumstances cops exactly the same shit from certain section of that club's fan base. (and yes I know he hasn't actually left (yet) )
I think he realises that but it doesn't take away from the fact it upsets him. I tried to bring the conversation away from all thats happened but I could tell that it's all still on his mind.
Hate to bring up the PM thing again, but if you don't mind, could you PM me about what else he said. Its fine if you dont want to.
Sorry mate, Can't really say much, you'll just have to wait and see.

well said man, well said

I know many on here think, Dustys a pro athlete etc etc and he should just wear the criticism but I think the reality is some of the things being written/said about him will hurt. Many forget he's only 21 ? from memory. I know at that age I may have ignored some of the stuff but difficult to shut it all out. Same could be said even now and I'm a bit older than that. Some posters on here have said get rid of such and such without thinking twice but if a player considers it .... well we all know what some of the responses were. I cannot lie, I was upset as well at the prospect that Dusty could leave. At the end of the day he (as we all do) has to do what he feels is best for him and at 21 getting the attention he does with goodness knows who in his ear telling him they know whats best (more so than he). I can only imagine how difficult it might be to try and see what's right and in his best interests....my 5c worth

I know that he's been getting some heavy abuse from Richmond supporters, or people claiming to be. But those people are a minority.There is a poll on another Tiger website that shows 80% of Tiger fans want him back.

He may have pissed some people off, but the majority of coaches, players and fans want him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back