Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line, from the players I do know. We supporters believe we a the major force but though we are important we are a side show. Dusty would play for those on the list and his coaches. Those opinion are what matter

I'm guessing that's part of the comment from Dimma saying that the RFC is our sanctuary.

Martin showed up to the Saints mad Monday celebrations at 1030pm.

This in the week Richmond had made finals for the fist time in 12 years?

GWS got wind and pulled the pin.

Richmond are only offering 2 years, worried about him staying on the right track, if you were confident on him he's a 4 year prospect.

Richmond are only offering 2 years, worried about him staying on the right track, if you were confident on him he's a 4 year prospect.

Sandra Sully with the late news...

Have spoken to the man, not saying anything cause i've found all you do is get shot down if you stick your head out around here. What I will say is he isn't happy about the way some so called 'supporters' treated him and seemed very quiet. To those saying he shouldn't of been at tramp or out at all, pull your heads in, he gets so little time every year where he can go out get hammered and not be getting in strife for it, let him live now or he'll do it when he shouldn't be and you'll all be hating him like you were a few days ago. He's only human.

Dustin is a crowd favorite. The kids LOVE the way he plays, and they look up to him. The fans love the way he plays.

It is NOT Dustin "the player" that the angst is aimed at, it is the way his "manager" has mis-managed him. It seems the entire football world except Dustin is aware that he has been handled disgracefully. Obviously Dustin needs guidance, and his manager has no idea, except to hit an unrealistic target figure that he is chasing.

Not one Richmond supporter wants him to leave, but the way this has been handled has caused a lot of damage. I know I was disappointed, angry and VERY annoyed with the media circus at GWS. Early in the week I wanted him gone as well. Alot of the online crap are opposition supporters and the classy "advisers" that seem to hang around Dustin.

The BEST outcome is for dusty to remain a Tiger, change manager and become an elite player. Potential is there, but it needs work.

If my side had just made it's first ever Grand Final the last thing I'd be doing is worrying about the affairs of some other club that wasn't our opponent.o_O

Hope he stays and by all accounts he will but some of the rants from so called tiger fans has been downright embarrassing , this lad has every right to check out his market value, but he has found out our offer is about right. he has his issues but who doesn't at 22 he is still immature but when he matures and the planets align I believe he will be in the top 3 players in the league . he is a gun and the most naturally gifted player at our club so cut him some slack , another preseason and you will see someone who could easily win a brownlow and tear the finals apart next year and lead us to what we all want a TIGER FLAG. so just relax give the lad some space !!!

There is more to this than just the money. He owed the club for all the work they have done to help him through his behavioural issues. It is an issue of loyalty as well as money. If Richmond had not negotiated in good faith and made a fair offer, I would view this differently.

Do you really believe that he would have stayed if GWS or Melbourne offered him the money he wanted?

He probably doesn't accept that he has behavioural issues. Therefore he may not think he 'owes' the club anything. Also he took less to stay at the RFC than what GWS could have paid him 2 years ago, so may believe that the club actually 'owes' him. Thus he was worth 600k in his own eyes, especially when his manager is looking him in the eye assuring him that this is the case. Now I'm not saying that this is true but clearly you lack the ability to put yourself in Dusty's shoes....

Someone here mentioned this, cant remember who.....makes no sense to sign him up for 4 years and then have restricted free agency looming. Better to have him out of contract just before this and then do another deal.

Damian Barret just said on the sunday footy show that Dustin Martin will now be on 420k a year. He didn't say where he heard it from or anything.
Interesting nonetheless. o_O

2011: 450k
2012: 450k
2013: 450k
2014 onwards: Richmond offer 500k
<Enter Ralph Carr>
2014 onward: 420k

Lol. Ralph Carr should have to pay Dusty some serious comission. I hope we still offer Dusty the original 500k deal, or 500k minus whatever extra we chucked on the top of Conca's.

Remember guys,

everyone supports the RICHMOND football club. Not the individuals who come and go through it.

I don't find it surprising at all that Richmond fans turned on Martin. His camp wanted more money and didn't initially want to sacrifice for the better of the club. Supporters are not youth workers, nor are they counsellors, they support the club.

Other than that, people shouldn't be delving into his personal life either and questioning where he goes, he does deserve some privacy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember guys,

everyone supports the RICHMOND football club. Not the individuals who come and go through it.

I don't find it surprising at all that Richmond fans turned on Martin. His camp wanted more money and didn't initially want to sacrifice for the better of the club. Supporters are not youth workers, nor are they counsellors, they support the club.

Other than that, people shouldn't be delving into his personal life either and questioning where he goes, he does deserve some privacy.

I'm sure Ralph Carr had convinced him that he was already making a sacrifice at $600k. Probably used Gary Ablett Jnr as his benchmark! :rolleyes:

No you'd offer him 2 years so that at the end of his next contract he still isn't a free agent.....

2011: 450k
2012: 450k
2013: 450k
2014 onwards: Richmond offer 500k
<Enter Ralph Carr>
2014 onward: 420k

Lol. Ralph Carr should have to pay Dusty some serious comission. I hope we still offer Dusty the original 500k deal, or 500k minus whatever extra we chucked on the top of Conca's.

I wonder if Ralph Carr factored in to Dusty that AFL players getting payed over a certain threshold get taxed 48 cents to the dollar? So $600k and he's making a net profit of only $52k more than our offer, not $100k. Then factor in the slightly higher living costs in Sydney and the profit margin comes down even further.

What's the most funny thing out of all this? If he sacked Carr he would still have been offered $500k, but wouldn't have to pay Carr his cut. There's the extra cash that you wanted right there Dustin. You air head. Not to mention all the drama it would have saved you and us.

I expect the announcement to be made within the first couple of hours of business tomorrow if he has already verbally agreed to re-sign, then it should only be a matter of signing on the dotted line and doing the roar vision interview etc etc.

Our beloved Benny said-

“We have heavily invested in Dustin Martin as a person and a player — probably more so than anyone else beyond his family,” Tigers chief executive Brendon Gale said.

“He is a young man that has grown up significantly since he arrived at the club. As we have said from day one — he is a required player and a very important player.

“He has had his best season ever. I anticipate he will finish high up in the best and fairest.

“Whilst we are bitterly disappointed with the way the contract negotiations have unfolded, nothing has transpired in the past seven days that will change our commitment to him as a person or player.”

Well said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...on-dustin-martin/story-fni5f9jb-1226724421481

What's the most funny thing out of all this? If he sacked Carr he would still have been offered $500k, but wouldn't have to pay Carr his cut. There's the extra cash that you wanted right there Dustin. You air head. Not to mention all the drama it would have saved you and us.
Doubt he could sack Carr that easily

Don't know why people are blaming this all on Carr, Fair enough that he is a crap manager but Martin needs to take some responsibility too and say I made the wrong choice.

I've heard that Dusty has signed for $475,000 over 3 years. When we went to $520,000, Dustin was reasonably happy with the size of the offer, but not the length. He wanted 3 or more, but we were only willing to give him 2.

Seems Dusty may have been happy to take a slight pay cut if it meant an extra year.

Don't know why people are blaming this all on Carr, Fair enough that he is a crap manager but Martin needs to take some responsibility too and say I made the wrong choice.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it? If you were 22 and your manager said you could get an extra 100 grand a year over multiple years just by delaying your signature - i guarantee you would have done the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back