Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midfielders are a dime a dozen. Replaceable. Player thinks he is bigger then the club? He can **** off then. We do everything for him and yet, he thinks he is better and bigger. Does he think that he will be better off at another club? They all do basically the same thing in looking after players. Obviously just after money. *cough Lebron James*
Most are, but an explosive player like Dusty isn't. Can only think of Dangerfield that is a similar type in the AFL at the moment.

Sorry to intrude but I think you've got to hand it to Richmond FC here, they didnt allow themselves to be held to ransom by yet another arrogant young player who reckons he should be getting more money then he's worth.
Team comes before the player.

Pretty much what i came here to say if they let one Player do it then you would get others doing it to

btw when has Martin played 4 quarters of Football! Focus on signing Conca he is / will be a gun!

You guys may want to bite your tongues a little.

If he explores his options, and no one offers him what he wants, or no trade gets done - he could be signing that $500k offer that you have already made him. You may yet regret the anger and the abuse when you have to welcome him back.

His only real options now are

1. A trade - which would have to suit Richmond too
2. PSD - which would be GWS? Melbourne have cultural problems of their own and Roos won't tough him, St Kilda have told their players not to associate with him so they are probably not interested. Perhaps he is trying to get through to the Eagles at pick 6 in the PSD?

Wouldn't want this bloke at Freo. Hopefully you get a good trade done and come out winners.
Dodged a bullet I reckon. He is a grade A prick and would be in jail or heading there if he couldn't play footy.

My bet is Carlton already made a bid for him way back mid season, they have a long history of poaching required players for money. Visy and brown paper bags of cash ring a recent bell.
That's the way they have always operated. When things get tough, out comes the chequebook and the brown paper bags. Wouldn't know how to rebuild properly if you spelt it out to them.

For **** sake, Connors out one year, Martin out the next! Who would have thought?

I reckon this played a part, Dusty has been bitter with Richmond. Certainly not thankful to be taken care of. He doesn't want to be looked after, he wants to have the reigns loosened on him so he can go out and party and get the extra dosh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus is there is now plenty of room the Salary for Vlastuin now. That was our problem fitting him in right?

he has already signed mate, got him for 2years i believe
Conca is the player we're after the signature of

I hope the Yellow and Black rings through your big fat head Dusty when we win against your new club.

Most are, but an explosive player like Dusty isn't. Can only think of Dangerfield that is a similar type in the AFL at the moment.
Except that Danger plays for jumper.

Dusty has always played for himself.

Good player, potential to be great, but not many of those types win Premierships.

Very proud of our club for standing our ground and not bending over to a scumbag like Martin. I hope he enjoys the party life over in Sydney, because that seems to be high on his priority list at the moment. What a waste of talent. What a massive ego.

Someone else will have to babysit "the problem child" over the off season. At least he is no longer OUR problem. Good riddance to the mercenary..

Bye bye Dustin.
Well done Richmond.
Never been more proud to be a supporter than right now.
This club has changed for the better.
No longer will we let idiots like Martin run the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back