Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You guys may want to bite your tongues a little.

If he explores his options, and no one offers him what he wants, or no trade gets done - he could be signing that $500k offer that you have already made him. You may yet regret the anger and the abuse when you have to welcome him back.

His only real options now are

1. A trade - which would have to suit Richmond too
2. PSD - which would be GWS? Melbourne have cultural problems of their own and Roos won't tough him, St Kilda have told their players not to associate with him so they are probably not interested. Perhaps he is trying to get through to the Eagles at pick 6 in the PSD?
Unlike your made up club, throughout our proud history,we hold loyalty fairly highly, so we reserve the right to speak our minds to a cash grabbing front runner.
Which may I add, is what your team consists of.

Who does this smell of? Collingwood or Carlton?

When Ralph Carr is your manager it smells of money. Carr is not 'football', he is from music and entertainment. And as to who it smells of? Well Carr is an ex-Carlton board member and his last high profile deal was the will-he-or-won't-he shenanigans with Travis Cloke and Carlton.

http://www.ralphcarr.com/web/rc.htm

All AFL teams are public relation focused these days. Dustin Martin is one **** up away from making any prospective club look silly. Risk is a major factor in affecting recruiting currency. I would say out of all the young players coming through in the AFL, Dusty has the worst off field reputation.

You will be looking at a 2nd round draft pick me thinks.

If he explores his options, and no one offers him what he wants, or no trade gets done - he could be signing that $500k offer that you have already made him. You may yet regret the anger and the abuse when you have to welcome him back.

2. PSD - which would be GWS? Melbourne have cultural problems of their own and Roos won't tough him, St Kilda have told their players not to associate with him so they are probably not interested. Perhaps he is trying to get through to the Eagles at pick 6 in the PSD?

His Manager, who's priority is his own real estate portfolio, will auction him off to the highest bidder like a ****ing tuna in Tokyo. We will not be the highest bidder - game over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knew it was coming no suprise really, and he will be going to the Pies.

We are two neck tattoo's short of fulfilling our tattoo quota :p

Realistically, what do you expect to receive for him..?
Can't see him coming to Collingwood based on the cleanout that is allegedly happening.

Melbourne should throw everything at him, would Pick 2 be enough for example?

What makes you think that the offer of $500k would remain on the table? And the anger and abuse is supporter generated, not from the Club which is finally conducting itself as a hard nosed business entity. Dustin either goes to another club with baggage attached or returns to Richmond with much credibility lost. He has been poorly advised.

It is good that Richmond didnt give in. If a player does not want to be part of your Club there is no point in trying to entice him to stay.

I dont blame a player wanting to leave for more money to the betterment of his family, but
he is the type of character where money will corrupt him and he will be on big dollars too.

Look at what Tippett did to Adelaide, it literally brought our Club to its knees.

If he changes his mind and signs, I'm happy to keep him.

But this looks more like Richmond offing him. I think we have pulled the trigger, not Dusty.
Yep, I reckon the club is playing this beautifully.
Martin doesn't really want to leave. He's being talked into it by his **** goblin of a manager.
He may find he's not worth what he thinks on the open market after all.

All AFL teams are public relation focused these days. Dustin Martin is one **** up away from making any prospective club look silly. Risk is a major factor in affecting recruiting currency. I would say out of all the young players coming through in the AFL, Dusty has the worst off field reputation.

You will be looking at a 2nd round draft pick me thinks.
Are you a complete ****ing idiot?

Not sure if this does anything for Conca, it may seem with Martin gone it allows us more room, but if we arent willing to pay overs for Martin what makes you think we will do the same for Conca?
He comes from WA and with Dustin potentially gone he may see WCE as a better fit?
although from reading his interviews he speaks like somebody who is settled here at Tigerland and is already looking forward to next season in the yellow and black

Yep, I reckon the club is playing this beautifully.
Martin doesn't really want to leave. He's being talked into it by his **** goblin of a manager.
He may find he's not worth what he thinks on the open market after all.

Disagree. Playing it beautifully implies a possible win for us. We will not get what we think he is worth and if he stays this mess will severely damage relationship with club. Only lose lose from here IMO. Just varying degrees of hurt.

If he stays, I wont be a fan of his that's for sure. Shite bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back