Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is the way modern footy works...but it still sucks! Richmond and its fans deserve better.

But as another poster said above - unlike my club the Crows at least you didn't bend to the will of a single player and compromise your principles and strategies. Hopefully short term pain for long term gain for the Tiges :thumbsu:

Most are, but an explosive player like Dusty isn't. Can only think of Dangerfield that is a similar type in the AFL at the moment.

Cannot base our future on individuals. It's a team game. No doubt this has hurt us, as we have put a lo of work into him. But if he wants o treat us as fools and dirt, then he can **** off. Simple.

if this is true, im extremely disappointed, as he lied to me, someone he calls his 'mate' and all our fans. I've been trying to get onto him the last few days and he won't return a call, I don't know whats going on with him but I'm gonna find out, absolutely shattered and he has lost my trust.

What makes you think that the offer of $500k would remain on the table? And the anger and abuse is supporter generated, not from the Club which is finally conducting itself as a hard nosed business entity. Dustin either goes to another club with baggage attached or returns to Richmond with much credibility lost. He has been poorly advised.

All I was suggesting is that there will be 100 pages of this thread abusing him, calling him greedy and worse. Then if he finds that Richmond's is the best offer and he signs ... there will be 100 pages of backpeddling to do. He hasn't left yet. Someone has to offer him his $600k, and he then somehow has to find a way to that club. Maybe just bite the tongue a little until he actually cleans out his locker?

no time for that greedy pig in our footy club, get him out before he runs off the rails.

dusty > cameron, straight swap thanks :) lol

Disagree. Playing it beautifully implies a possible win for us. We will not get what we think he is worth and if he stays this mess will severely damage relationship with club. Only lose lose from here IMO. Just varying degrees of hurt.
For 30 years we have letthe players make the rules (Daffy, Gaspar, Campbell, Holland etc etc). That all ended today. It's a win in my eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All AFL teams are public relation focused these days. Dustin Martin is one **** up away from making any prospective club look silly. Risk is a major factor in affecting recruiting currency. I would say out of all the young players coming through in the AFL, Dusty has the worst off field reputation.

You will be looking at a 2nd round draft pick me thinks.
With what Fevola went to Brisbane for, we'll be well and truly compensated

Seems really poorly advised...$100k apart in terms of offers, so clearly Dusty or his manager doesn't think much of our club if true...must be something else...been brewing for months judging by his body language during the team song

If you are leaving Dusty, I hope you really enjoyed the hospitality the club bestowed upon you...taking you in ( Gary March, Trent Cotchin et al)

Dusty I hope you really loved the tiger faithfull's 100% love, commitment and loyalty to you, stood up for you

Remember this when you walk out on us...80,000+ tiger supporters will NOT let you forget

Just said on the radio that he is tipped to go to Melbourne, because he likes the way Roos goes about it.

Would be a great result for you guys if you rid yourselves of him, get someone like Aish with pick 2 and also free up a heap of cap space to go hard at the likes of Adams, or even Nicky Dal, who could help you to immediately offset Martin's loss for the short-term (and to provide the finals experience that may be lacking at Richmond) and to retain Conca.

Either it's not really about the money for Dusty and he just wants out, or he is an unbelievably short-sighted money-grubbing prick.

rc_july09.jpg

Quite the punchable head.

We are two neck tattoo's short of fulfilling our tattoo quota :p

Realistically, what do you expect to receive for him..?
Can't see him coming to Collingwood based on the cleanout that is allegedly happening.

Melbourne should throw everything at him, would Pick 2 be enough for example?

Interesting, I can suddenly see him going to the Pies for this reason. The cleanout of guys like Didak, Jolly (over Hudson who is on much much less) and Krak will open up a bit of space... the cleanout will continue and Bucks wants to start afresh. Out with Daisy in with Dustin, looks a chance!

What an absolute ****stick. This has to be about more than money, you don't "quit the club" this early just because you're not getting the offer you want. It's pointless. He must actually want to leave the club, maybe he's sick of us babying him. I think he's in for a pretty rude shock to be honest. Looking forward to seeing what we get for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back