Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe use more question marks???? It might help no? yes or No? yes?????

No we didn't give him a shove, he and his manager have strung us along for months and verbally agreed to a deal which they backed off from in the last few days because of one Paul Roos. This is fact

You can't compare Dusty to Buddy - you simply can't. While technically the situations are the same, they're not. Buddy has give 8 or 9 years to the hawks, numerous finals and a flag. Same with Daisy Thomas....it seems that RFC has given more to Dusty than what he's given us.

Sure he's free to leave but don't sit there on your high horse telling the majority of us off because we feel pissed off about it. We're well within our rights to feel completely ****** off!!!!

well said, cant stand supporters who sit on their high horse telling everyone else how they should feel

If buddy was being offered 100k more than what hawks offered him and wanting to leave then yeah there'd be a lot of anger. But for a shedload more cash, everyone wishes him well. If Dusty was offered 200k more than we offer then Id say good luck to him, but to knock back 500-530 for 600k seems pretty despicable. Get it

No I don't "get it". Buddy continually got bigger contracts....

When a player has his best and most consistent season... will get his first finish in the top 5 in the best and fairest, maybe even top 3.... get continually talked up by the club as being "reformed" and "on the right track" etc ..etc... ... then when push comes to shove the clubs thinks he doesn't deserve an increase, than if it was me then I would ask WTF???? What's going on here???

IMO the reality is the club has polished him up and got his value up this season in the hope to off load him. This contract offer is a gentle shove.

I have no problems with Dusty looking for the best possible deal he can get. He is humane....

Realistically what would GWS trade for him? Pick one? Which will be Boyd. Which could give us the best young KPF....I'd rather Boyd than Martin. Guns KPFs are harder to find than midfielders.
Trade Martin and 12 for 1 and move on.

Realistically, that will absolutely never happen. Not even close. If GWS want him they'll just tell him to walk into the PSD and pick him up for nothing. Why would they give you a first round draft pick?! Through the goodness of their heart?

When a player has his best and most consistent season... will get his first finish in the top 5 in the best and fairest, maybe even top 3.... get continually talked up by the club as being "reformed" and "on the right track" etc ..etc... ... then when push comes to shove the clubs thinks he doesn't deserve an increase, than if it was me then I would ask WTF???? What's going on here???

IMO the reality is the club has polished him up and got his value up this season in the hope to off load him. This contract offer is a gentle shove.

I have no problems with Dusty looking for the best possible deal he can get. He is humane....

Dusty didn't kick 100 goals in his 4th season. He went backwards last year and was a bit better this year. He hasn't set the world on fire this year he has just been one of our better players. Hawthorn supporters have had a long time to get used to the idea we just found out...

comeon.. he hasn't been pushed, that's just a silly thing to say. Hes a 22 yo and has been offered 530k which is hardly "pushing" him out. Hes been very well looked after and comparing him to buddy who will leave for dbl his salary - the biggest pay cheque in footy history - is just wrong. Apples with oranges. As I mentioned if Dusty was leaving for a truckload more cash then I wouldn't be too disappointed and would understand, but to be shopping around for an extra 70-100k seems petty

Realistically, that will absolutely never happen. Not even close. If GWS want him they'll just tell him to walk into the PSD and pick him up for nothing. Why would they give you a first round draft pick?! Through the goodness of their heart?
You idiot!!!! Realistically, they will trade for him. Taylor Adams maybe. It is only opposition supporters that are praying we get nothing in return. No Club in recent years has shafted another. Tippet was unusual circumstances but generally, trading is done in a fair manner.
All irrelevent IMO, as I still think Martin will stay.

PLEASE READ THIS PEOPLE.

Do the majority of people in this thread live in lala land? What drugs are you people on? GWS are not giving us pick 1 for Martin.

Ralph Carr is representing the interest of his client.... this is a strange thread.

Also maybe we smothered him too much... maybe we have looked over his shoulders too much.... maybe he wants to cut him self free and be his own man??? maybe he feels he has burnt too many bridges at the club?? has too much baggage here? maybe he cant look certain people in the eye and he wants a clean slate???? who f&&%$king knows??? .... all I know is that we should be concentrating on the best possible deal we can get and not on childish, vindictive crap.

No! Ralph Carr is representing his own interests. This is clear! He did the same thing to Collingwood last year with Cloke and is doing the same now. He works on commission and every 1% makes a big difference to him, when $20-$50k in gross dollars really is a drop in the ocean for someone on $500k.

He is a C***, he is a C*** and can I reinforce the fact, he is a C*** (I am not sure if that is vindictive crap, if it is I am ok with that.

Cheers,

As soon as Melbourne enter the bargaining (or any other club for that reason), GWS will have to offer something good if they want him. Pretty simple huh?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

comeon.. he hasn't been pushed, that's just a silly thing to say. Hes a 22 yo and has been offered 530k which is hardly "pushing" him out. Hes been very well looked after and comparing him to buddy who will leave for dbl his salary - the biggest pay cheque in footy history - is just wrong. Apples with oranges. As I mentioned if Dusty was leaving for a truckload more cash then I wouldn't be too disappointed and would understand, but to be shopping around for an extra 70-100k seems petty

its been reported everywhere that we have offered him 480k...

PLEASE READ THIS PEOPLE.

Do the majority of people in this thread live in lala land? What drugs are you people on? GWS are not giving us pick 1 for Martin.

I would like more information but I'm not sure if anyone has it. I don't think a player can just say I want to go to GWS and GWS say we'll take him in PSD. I think the team that wants him must make an attempt to trade and if no trade eventuates then the player walks via PSD. If someone could find an example of where a player just went straight to PSD please let me know.

PLEASE READ THIS PEOPLE.

LOL you seriously think the AFL will allow GWS to force Martin to walk to the PSD without offering a first rounder ? Remember Joker the AFL has still controlling interest in the GWS franchise :p.

Anyway its all moot as we will all see soon. Lots can still happen :)

We are saying to him we do not believe you are worth anymore than what you are worth now for the next 2 years....

PLEASE READ THIS PEOPLE.

Agree Joker, but every chance we may get Taylor Adams and pick 9? Still think Dusty will stay- he is very tight with most of our playing list. As is Reecey Conca, think both will end up re-signing

We are saying to him we do not believe you are worth anymore than what you are worth now for the next 2 years....

He was paid overs for the last couple of years which will have set him up for life. So yes. He has been offered what is probably correct. It is just the fact he was paid more than what he should have for his age and experience that is clouding this $ issue right now.

No! Ralph Carr is representing his own interests. This is clear! He did the same thing to Collingwood last year with Cloke and is doing the same now. He works on commission and every 1% makes a big difference to him, when $20-$50k in gross dollars really is a drop in the ocean for someone on $500k.

He is a C***, he is a C*** and can I reinforce the fact, he is a C*** (I am not sure if that is vindictive crap, if it is I am ok with that.

Cheers,

Ralph Carr is representing a kid who would be digging holes if it wasn't for football..... he isn't a Cotchin that would succeed in the outside world. He is a gifted footballer that has a limited time to cash in on his career.... If any player needed every cent out of football that he could possible get its dusty.

He was paid overs for the last couple of years which will have set him up for life. So yes. He has been offered what is probably correct. It is just the fact he was paid more than what he should have for his age and experience that is clouding this $ issue right now.

He was worth 500k this season IMO....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back