Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to worry that Danger eventually does to himself what Judd did. That desperation and competitive drive may have consequences. Fyfe seems the same way. These guys can run themselves into the ground.

Say what you might about Gazza and his reluctance to play injured, but he managed a period of consistent greatness that is generational in its rarity.

Agreed.

You have to worry that Danger eventually does to himself what Judd did. That desperation and competitive drive may have consequences. Fyfe seems the same way. These guys can run themselves into the ground.

Say what you might about Gazza and his reluctance to play injured, but he managed a period of consistent greatness that is generational in its rarity.

Dusty doesn't have that risk. The guy hates a tackle. He'll have longevity because of it but Danger is the more complete player.

Fyfe
Dusty
Danger
Cripps
Grundy and/or Gawn

Are the best players in the league in that order, IMO. Not much of a gap between 1-4 and the two best rucks can't be compared to the midfielders.

Lol. Fyfe kicked his team out of a grand final Dusty kicked his to a premiership. Danger can’t kick for shit and has no claim on this conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd take Danger over Martin. Martin is in the better team, so he sometimes looks better, but imo he isn't. Without Danger last night, the Cats lose by way, way more. Martin is a part of a really good team, but Danger is pulling up an average/good team and trying to lift them to his level. I'm not commenting on each club's players, btw (Geelong have lots of great players), just that Richmond are the better *team*.

Dangerfield albeit a flog and an average kick is a brilliant player. Martin is a slightly better player. Call it bias, but you won’t get much more of an objective call.

And before someone inevitably says for the millionth time they both have similar DE%, if you think Danger’s kicking is on par you need to start watching football. The reason for the similar DE%: Half of Dusty’s kicks are risky options that open up the play which inevitably result in a good portion of ineffective disposals. Dangerfield doesn’t have the same vision or field awareness to even spot those options some of the time.

What they do once in possession of the footy is actually what separates the two.

Flip a coin.

Obviously 6 goals is pretty impressive, but Geelong aren't playing the best footy ATM (for a top 4 side).

If Dusty played on Friday night and kicked 6 against Collingwood for Geelong, I would change my view... But we will never know.

I'm sure if Dangerfield played for us and we planted him full forward for 30 % of the time, he would go alright.

Danger is awesome, more consistent than dusty, more workman like and a better mark too.
But dusty does the harder things, takes more chances and finds amazing options.
I can’t split them but I’d rather have dusty.
If dusty goes as he is going anything could happen.
Thought he should’ve been AA.

I'd take Danger over Martin. Martin is in the better team, so he sometimes looks better, but imo he isn't. Without Danger last night, the Cats lose by way, way more. Martin is a part of a really good team, but Danger is pulling up an average/good team and trying to lift them to his level. I'm not commenting on each club's players, btw (Geelong have lots of great players), just that Richmond are the better *team*.
Average team that has Selwood, Hawkins, Ablett, Kelly, Blicavs, Stewart, Taylor, Duncan yeah right.. they finished top of the ladder so to say they aren't a good side is laughable they have heaps of good role players too like Miers, Dalhaus. realistically when the crunch comes it, It's your stars that win Finals/GF looks McGovern in last year GF Shuey, Yeo and the year before it was guys like Rance, Houli & Dusty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute horses**t.
Danger has won more games off his own boot since being at the Cats than I'm able to count.
And ALMOST won games, or kept the Cats in games, more times again.
Paddy has played in 71 wins for Geelong. How many do you think he’s won off his own boot? 10% would be an extreme amount. Are you not able to count to 7?

Paddy has played in 71 wins for Geelong. How many do you think he’s won off his own boot? 10% would be an extreme amount. Are you not able to count to 7?

He'd probably have more than 7 in his Brownlow year alone, he was a freak during that season and almost entirely the reason we made finals.
Remember we missed finals the year before, and made the Prelim with Danger in the side.
GFC aren't a great team you know, we have a great top 6 or so then it falls away drastically, Danger largely has been the point of difference in many many games.

He'd probably have more than 7 in his Brownlow year alone, he was a freak during that season and almost entirely the reason we made finals.
Remember we missed finals the year before, and made the Prelim with Danger in the side.
GFC aren't a great team you know, we have a great top 6 or so then it falls away drastically, Danger largely has been the point of difference in many many games.

As of next week HAD a great top six

In 2016 you went 17-5 with a % of >140 in the regular season, and then 1-1 in the finals. I don’t think PD was responsible for winning 8 or more games when a team scored that heavily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back