Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Average team that has Selwood, Hawkins, Ablett, Kelly, Blicavs, Stewart, Taylor, Duncan yeah right.. they finished top of the ladder so to say they aren't a good side is laughable they have heaps of good role players too like Miers, Dalhaus. realistically when the crunch comes it, It's your stars that win Finals/GF looks McGovern in last year GF Shuey, Yeo and the year before it was guys like Rance, Houli & Dusty.

Yeah I know they have good and great players. I just don't think as a team they're as good as Richmond. You can be a worse team with better players, and vice versa. It's best to have both, but a lot of ordinary players in great teams get overrated, and then exposed when they're traded to less good teams and their limitations are revealed. Not saying that's Dusty, he's gun. Just that it's hard to judge him when he's playing with a good team around him.

Yeah I know they have good and great players. I just don't think as a team they're as good as Richmond. You can be a worse team with better players, and vice versa. It's best to have both, but a lot of ordinary players in great teams get overrated, and then exposed when they're traded to less good teams and their limitations are revealed. Not saying that's Dusty, he's gun. Just that it's hard to judge him when he's playing with a good team around him.

He plays with Ellis, Short, Derick Eggmolse Smith, and some other strugglers at times.

Dusty is good cause he is a class act. He'd be as good at Carlton or Saint Kilda i reckon

IMO blind freddy could see he was going to smash brisbane yesterday

Average team that has Selwood, Hawkins, Ablett, Kelly, Blicavs, Stewart, Taylor, Duncan yeah right.. they finished top of the ladder so to say they aren't a good side is laughable they have heaps of good role players too like Miers, Dalhaus. realistically when the crunch comes it, It's your stars that win Finals/GF looks McGovern in last year GF Shuey, Yeo and the year before it was guys like Rance, Houli & Dusty.
Richmond have a much better system and coaching that stands up to finals footy. They play great as a team and can deal with a gun player missing.

Geelong don’t play as well as a team and constantly getting exposed in finals footy.

Richmond have a much better system and coaching that stands up to finals footy. They play great as a team and can deal with a gun player missing.

Geelong don’t play as well as a team and constantly getting exposed in finals footy.
They still make Top 4, most years and always play finals, must be the massive home ground advantage they have down at Geelong then.

Honestly can't split them

Martin is the better kick
Danger is the better mark

Both extremely quick and strong with Danger possibly having the edge in the pace and Martin with the strength.

Easily top 5 players in the game any team would love to have either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rohan Connelly said it well on Today's Footyology Podcast that Martin is more damaging. He hurts the opposition more via score involvements. He may not have the possessions but he impacts the scoreboard by either kicking goals himself, or setting up teammates.

Both are modern greats and would actually compliment each other very well in the same side. Only knock I have on Dusty is overhead marking, and he doesnt have a great leap, yet he uses his body strength to overcome this.

I would take Martin. His foot skills are elite. Danger's kicking is so bad that whenever he gets the ball you just expect it to end up with the oppostition.

They are pretty different players and both have pretty different attitudes to the game. If we could somehow merge Paddy's hardness at the contest and ball winning ability and speed with Dusty's strength, kicking and vision we would have the perfect footballer.

That being said I love them both and got to see Danger up close quite a bit here in SA with the Crows. The hate Dusty cops gets to me though, for if he were a well spoken, good boy with no tats he would not cop the shit he does.

dusty easy, the guy steps up big time when his team needs him
danger is great too but we play FOOTball and foot skills are by far the most important skill you need to have, dusty has it in spades plus game awareness and vision
Not sure I agree foot skills are by far the most important skill.

Some of the best players in the game are average by foot.

Danger, Fyfe, Mitchell, Cripps are all considered among the best players in the comp and aren’t stand out kicks.

Not sure I agree foot skills are by far the most important skill.

Some of the best players in the game are average by foot.

Danger, Fyfe, Mitchell, Cripps are all considered among the best players in the comp and aren’t stand out kicks.
It's pretty important I reckon, but obviously gotta combine that with vision and smarts and dusty has that

A young Dangerfield like a young Judd and a young Robert Harvey had that breakaway speed that is so rare in players of their size (big and strong). So when they exploded nothing could stop them or nothing in football looks better. Dusty also has good speed for his size, but a degree below.
But Danger has slowed a tad so now is a bit more workman like, he does a power of work at stoppages, but is not as spectacular as he was in his prime. Dusty is in his prime, so it is a bit unfair to compere the two (why Dustin might nudge him out right now), but at their peaks there was nothing in it, Danger more explosive, Martin more skillful.

Finals is where greatness flourishes.

So far in 2019 its Dusty, Pendles and Bont from a losing side

Note i cbf listing non victorian teams

Bont?

is that 13 disposal bont who had little to no impact?

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back