Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bwahaha actuality took place, are you listening to yourself right now. Mr bigwig part of all the internal and inner workings.

Jog on champ, call it a night.
Why are you so opposed to this being the case? I literally don't get it.

Connors wanted to easiest path for his client. Essendon came to the table with that.

1st rounder and a future 1st.
Is this the same Hawthorn that didn't blink when the Gold Coast asked for all sorts of shit in exchange for O'Meara but they brought him over anyway? Like, did you guys just lose your nerve and figure that GWS will automatically get anything they ask for, even if you don't want to go through with the trade anymore? Nice try at making it seem like you weren't just flatly rejected, but this argument holds no water my friend.

Big get for Essendon. His kicking is overrated - looks stylish but is largely ineffectual - but his best play will be as a contested in tight stoppage player which compliments the other Essendon mids beautifully.

Shiel for a top 10 pick and Tyson for next years 3rd or something to use as inside mids - complements Merrett, Heppell, Zaharakis beautifully (also allows Merrett to play more outside which will suit his skill level and smaller body overall).

I'm not upset at all. Enormously amused at your Fonz-esque inability to admit you were wrong. You stated the decision was made. You stated others were wasting their time. You were wrong. It's ok, it happens.

So why are you?
But I'm not upset. That's just it.

I'm literally just posting that Essendon came to the table with a deal that GWS would take and Connors/Shiel thought it was the best way forward so they took that. This is just going around in circles.

Is this the same Hawthorn that didn't blink when the Gold Coast asked for all sorts of shit in exchange for O'Meara but they brought him over anyway? Like, did you guys just lose your nerve and figure that GWS will automatically get anything they ask for, even if you don't want to go through with the trade anymore? Nice try at making it seem like you weren't just flatly rejected, but this argument holds no water my friend.
We're not at a place where we think handing over two first rounders is in our best interest obviously, when we have other roles we need to look at filling. I can understand that.

Just out of interest is it the crack cocaine you are on or the narcistist personality that you have they makes you actually believe you are in the know of everything relating to all club trades as if you were there? I am genuinely interested
Dude, it was literally reported on Channel 9 news tonight that that's what they think the deal will be.

How long until Bombers fans suggest Leuenberger in lieu of a 2nd first rounder ala Hawks fans with Ceglar because “GWS need a ruck!!”?
they could get Berger for free. Just offer him a contract and we'd probably delist him.
But it sounds like Mummy is coming back to chop out in the ruck and flatten some opposition mids (hopefully not Shiel)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The mastery of it all is those arrogant Hawthorn fools that were played like a fiddle whilst we all sat in silence. Enjoy a glass of salt and run back to your little corners.

Literally not reported anywhere that essendon would get shiel either. I'd suggest media have no idea what we are prepared to give up.
AFL quoted industry sources as saying that price was too high for this trade anyway.

Let's not forget that GWS pushed Shiel to explore his options because the rumours of him leaving came well before he seemed to want to: -> https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/af...-out-coming-back-to-melbourne-this-off-season

I'm pretty confident a fair deal will be worked out. The value will be somewhere between Prestia and Gibbs, but I'm sure Essendon will still have a first rounder either this year or next.

Surely Dodoro of all people isn't going to fork out 2 first rounders for Shiel. Sounds like pure media speculation to me

For all the shit he gets he gets deals done. If he reckons Shiel improves their list enough to give up 2 first rounders he will. He plays hardball when necessary but gets deals done for less than Essendon would ideally prefer if he has less cards at the table i.e. Ryder

Based on Treloars deal which i dont thinks a good comparison considering age of player and also circumstances of Shiel being a free agent next year and walking for a pick after GWS first which would be about pick 12ish id suggest.

Remember COLL got pick 28 back in return for 2 first rounders.

Id say our club will push pretty hard on just handing over pick 9 but i dare say a 2nd rounder next year will be used aswell

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Back