Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not salty at all. I'm just posting what actually took place. Hawthorn didn't want to pay the asking price, Essendon did and Connors advised his client Essendon was his best option. I'm fine with it.

Why are you so opposed to this being the case? I literally don't get it.

Connors wanted to easiest path for his client. Essendon came to the table with that.

But I'm not upset. That's just it.

I'm literally just posting that Essendon came to the table with a deal that GWS would take and Connors/Shiel thought it was the best way forward so they took that. This is just going around in circles.

We're not at a place where we think handing over two first rounders is in our best interest obviously, when we have other roles we need to look at filling. I can understand that.

Won't need them mate. I'm ok with us moving on.

It's ok, you'll move past denial eventually.

I am reluctant to heap shit on one of my own, but Shiel was basically the "Shane Edwards" of last years AA side. Secured a surprise bench spot ahead of Mitch Duncan, who the majority believed had a much better year. Even Oliver, who missed out on last year's 40-man squad, was more deserving.

Almost all clubs would take Kelly, Coniglio, Whitfield, Greene & Cameron before Shiel at least. Ward is also a better midfielder, but age admittedly is not on his side. You should be stoked though. It is an incredible coup for the club and certainly puts you into next year's contender conversation.

I just think he can be deceiving. The 2 or 3 "Judd-like" things he does a game seem to distract people from the turnover kicks and his tendency to go missing for large periods.
It’s an incredible coup, but he turns it over and goes missing for large periods. Make up your mind buddy.

Fantasia is a good get. Merrett is ok if an opponent isn't within 50m of him.
The other three are role players/wont make it players.
For all the high draft picks this isn't a very good return.
Merrett is ok. Do you watch football or just troll bf?

Really surprised this is not called out more often. The insurance payouts to Essendon players involved in the drugs scandal coincided with contract extensions.

For the integrity of the salary cap, Insurance payouts to players who continued at the club surely should have been included in the cap. It was negotiated settlement with each player to remain at Essendon.

From The Age at the time
"Fairfax Media understands the Heppell camp met the Bombers earlier in the week but has not yet decided how big a claim it could seek for loss of earnings and reputation and health-and-safety breaches as a result of the 2012 injecting program.

There are reports Heppell could launch a case for more than $1 million, taking into account this would have been the first year of a lucrative five-year contract. But the Bombers insisted on Friday there had been no discussions about legal action with any of the players, let alone possible pay outs, and they were expecting an amicable outcome."

Heppell and others were able to receive substantial compensation outside the cap, which can only result in additional cap space for traded-in talent. Last year that was Devon Smith, Adam Saad and Jake Stringer, when Essendon outbid rival suitors to become the chosen destination. Now using the additional cap space for Dylan Shiel. Who next?

Massive advantage, and one can only wonder why?

(expects the usual Essendon posters to come deflecting and mocking)

It's been done to death. The amount of collusion, malpractice and risk involved with doing what you've suggested means that there was no chance it happened .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been done to death. The amount of collusion, malpractice and risk involved with doing what you've suggested means that there was no chance it happened .

And just by pure chance Essendon's insurer became a primary AFL sponsor !

Watch dodo blow our minds and not even use this years 9.

Next years first (18) plus 33.

Abasi and procrastinator please stay in this thread for the next 9 days. It’s beautiful.

And then Shiel goes to St Kilda after the deal falls through. That would be delicious melts.

Love the Hawks fans.

When they were certain they had Shiel:
Pick 14 and Ceglar is enough

When Essendon land him:
Two first round picks and your first born should get it done
:p

This thread and the Gaff thread is further proof that posters either make up their mail or are getting their mail from no one that really has a clue with what is going on.

Every club posters are guilty - but the trade threads take it to another level.

It’s an incredible coup, but he turns it over and goes missing for large periods. Make up your mind buddy.

Those things are not necessarily exclusive of each other.

I think Essendon has done extremely well to convince Shiel to choose the Bombers on less coin than the 3 other options. That is impressive however way you look at it.

He is not an elite midfielder though, for the reasons I stated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Back