Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the Hawks fans.

When they were certain they had Shiel:
Pick 14 and Ceglar is enough

When Essendon land him:
Two first round picks and your first born should get it done
:p

If Essendon pay 2 x 1st round then Dodoro is a fool. My view hasnt changed since day 1 of talk of him heading south.

I assume a major reason we lost out is because we werent going to give GWS both our 1st round picks, and we werent going to give Shiel the 6 year deal he wanted.

This thread and the Gaff thread is further proof that posters either make up their mail or are getting their mail from no one that really has a clue with what is going on.

Every club posters are guilty - but the trade threads take it to another level.
Bingo!
So many ITK’s are just full of it.
Clubs are professionally run and I’d seriously doubt anyone connected to the club would be jeopardising any deals by sprouting it to some peanut off the street

I'm asking your opinion?

You keep saying we're paying to high a price. What's the price?
I don’t keep saying it though. I just keep
getting quoted back into this thread.

If Essendon pay 2 x 1st round then Dodoro is a fool. My view hasnt changed since day 1 of talk of him heading south.

I assume a major reason we lost out is because we werent going to give GWS both our 1st round picks, and we werent going to give Shiel the 6 year deal he wanted.

You can read all about it here

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/600718846726bb182602c485e6a0ddd2

Essendon's intention is pick 9 and a "small sweetener".

He was swayed by a belief that Essendon would have on-field success and the thrill of playing in front of blockbuster crowds such as Anzac Day.

The Herald Sun can confirm the Bombers’ bid was the lowest of the four offers made to the 25-year-old, believed to be below $1 million a season.

The six-year deal is believed to be more than $2 million less than what Shiel could’ve earned elsewhere.

It’s understood the Hawks ran second to the Bombers to secure the inaugural Giant.

I don’t keep saying it though. I just keep
getting quoted back into this thread.
So the price is to high but you wont say what that price is?

Bingo!
So many ITK’s are just full of it.
Clubs are professionally run and I’d seriously doubt anyone connected to the club would be jeopardising any deals by sprouting it to some peanut off the street
I'm already dreading the Kelly threads next year. I live in hope our posters have learnt to wait until a contract has been signed.

You can read all about it here

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/600718846726bb182602c485e6a0ddd2

Essendon's intention is pick 9 and a "small sweetener".

He was swayed by a belief that Essendon would have on-field success and the thrill of playing in front of blockbuster crowds such as Anzac Day.

The Herald Sun can confirm the Bombers’ bid was the lowest of the four offers made to the 25-year-old, believed to be below $1 million a season.

The six-year deal is believed to be more than $2 million less than what Shiel could’ve earned elsewhere.

It’s understood the Hawks ran second to the Bombers to secure the inaugural Giant.

Seems like a far more reasonable deal. So a swap of 2nd round, or a 3rd round or a fringe player. Given Hawthorn have only ever offered Buddy a 6 year deal Im not sure how Essendon had the lowest of the four offers.

But that's football journalism for you.

So the price is to high but you wont say what that price is?
As I said yesterday, if it’s two first rounders as has been widely reported, I reckon that’s too high for a guy who will be a FA next year.

P.s Too

And just by pure chance Essendon's insurer became a primary AFL sponsor !

And then Shiel goes to St Kilda after the deal falls through. That would be delicious melts.

Nah, I would love if the deal just fell through because Dodo is 'hard to deal with' and Shiel ends up at GWS.

That is when the truly epic Hawthorn melts will happen.

I'm already dreading the Kelly threads next year. I live in hope our posters have learnt to wait until a contract has been signed.
The Hawks posters are the funniest.
The Hawks as a club are as professional as you can get and Wright is a very good operator. Hawks inside info is never released so I’ve had to laugh at all these supposed ITK Hawks fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like a far more reasonable deal. So a swap of 2nd round, or a 3rd round or a fringe player. Given Hawthorn have only ever offered Buddy a 6 year deal Im not sure how Essendon had the lowest of the four offers.

Why blame the journalist? Why do they know less than your gut feel?

If Hawks were going five years and everybody else six, of course they'd look at adding one extra year if they wanted him.

It's just another internet myth like the "Essendon offered two first rounders".

He preferred Essendon. Big deal. O'Meara preferred Hawthorn. You win some, you lose some. It's not the end of the world for the Hawks.

I would say the media are being ambigious on purpose.

Probably something like Hawthorn offered him $900000/3 years and Essendon offered $800000/6 years so Essendon offered the least amount per year but not eh least amount over the term of the contract.

As I said yesterday, if it’s two first rounders as has been widely reported, I reckon that’s too high for a guy who will be a FA next year.

P.s Too
Actually what you said was
We weren’t interested in giving up two first rounders, plus 6yrs and $6mill. I’m ok with that.

Now its "if"?

Interesting.

Anyone thinking if anything Carlton damaged their chances flying him on a private jet to meet with a billionaire in Noosa?

I’d see that as a desperate chance to impress me not really show me what the actual club is about. I just think it would rub some players the wrong way

Mate.

You just don't get it.

It's not that Shiel did not pick Hawthorn.

It's that Hawthorn didn't want Shiel.

Seems impossible for some to accept.

I don't know wtf it is with some of these Hawks types. FFS we were right into Setterfield and bloody Carlton(!) got him ahead of us. It happens. So what.

I can see this deal done quite fast as I don't think it will rely on picks from other deals so hopefully by Friday it is confirmed
What deal is acceptable to you?

The Hawks posters are the funniest.
The Hawks as a club are as professional as you can get and Wright is a very good operator. Hawks inside info is never released so I’ve had to laugh at all these supposed ITK Hawks fans.

He who is without sin cast the 1st stone. Ess held the title for ITK know misses during the storm in a tea cup sup saga.

We all have posters that glory hunt on big footy and end up with a lot of egg on their faces. Depending on how active our craziest posters are will determine which team posters are the funniest at any given time. Understand Roo's and Hawks are in the mix ATM.

Nah, I would love if the deal just fell through because Dodo is 'hard to deal with' and Shiel ends up at GWS.

That is when the truly epic Hawthorn melts will happen.

Would be a weird melt because we would get to enjoy the fun and games all next year too, as his FA approached (my guess is it would peak in March and then maintain full through the season).

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Back