Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawk supporters mush have an ITK poster who is as useful as that Brian Whispers account (or whatever he was called) for the Saints back in the halcyon days of the Carlisle trade. Some shit talker has been telling them all along that he was going to the Hawks, then instead of admitting he's a shit talker is making up some crap about Shiel making his decision based on what was going to be traded back to GWS. It just doesn't pass the sniff test.

Shiel made his decision in part because of Essendon not offering the farm for him so he could play on a list that could afford more players. Essendon is looking a lot better than Hawthorn for next year and the following 5.

As I said a week ago, I was hoping he'd go to Hawthorn and they would ensure they had no first round next year either. They need to start a root and branch rebuild, getting in Shiel will help paper over the cracks and keep them middle of the road, to ensure they don't get a suite of good draft picks.

On the other hand, Essendon is brimming with talent about to enter their prime years or beginning that. They have two mature AA KPDs, a mature ruck and two mature mids. The rest is that youth (and Baguley). That talent is full of line breaking speed too. If Essendon is able to add a gut-busting runner to the midfield with Shiel and have a blessed run with injuries they are going to be an excellent team. I'd happily give up two firsts if Scully comes with Shiel.

Hawthorn were up to their necks in it, but couldn’t get on the same page as GWS(would not consider trading two first round picks) which meant Shiel/Connors continued to hold off on making any sort of anmouncement of a decision.

When Essendon put forward their case, they convinced both Connors and Shiel that they could get the deal done with GWS, it was an easy choice. So they made the call.

That takes nothing away from what Essendon did, so I’m not really understanding all the angst.

Lol

How do you just invent these circumstances?

Essendon aren't considering trading two first round picks either.

All I keep hearing from Hawks and Carlton fans is that Shiel picked Essendon because they were willing to give what GWS want which is bs imo

How about he chose Essendon because he rated Essendons list and chances at success better than Hawks,Carlton,Saints
They are hurt.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Lol

Its not invented that speculation strated last friday, and yes i agree essendon wont trade 2 First Rounders.

Imo it will be pick 9 and a 2nd. That values Shiel at about pick 4, fair imo. For hawks to offer a deal that values Shiel at pick 4 we would need to trade pick 15 and future 1st with a 2nd or 3rd coming back.

Anyway im ready to move on, i was the moment it was announced, actually essendon were my 1st prediction when i entered this thread. It just made the most sense.

Lol

Ok.

He really really really wanted to be at Hawks. he really really did guys. I promise you he really did. That's why he took a lower offer to go to Essendon, because he really wanted to go to Hawks but Essendon offered less so he went there.
My people, there’s only so many times I can go around in circles with this stuff if you’re never going to entertain it. It’s pointless.

So again, we’ll done Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys that start mainly in the square

Sloane, Gibbs, M.Crouch

Cripps, E.Curnow

Pendles, Adams, Treloar

Oliver, Brayshaw, Viney, Harmes

Ect ect

Yeah, and I'd guess very few of those meet your criteria of kicking more than handballing AND getting DE>70%. Checked this year's stats for Cripps, Oliver, Sloane and Treloar. Cripps doesn't meet the k/h ratio criteria OR the DE efficiency (preferred handballing by a much larger margin than Tom Mitchell). Oliver gets the DE but too handball happy. Sloane gets close but slight misses on both the k/h ratio and the DE. Treloar fails on both k/h ratio and DE. Didn't check the others, but suspect it will be more of the same. From my memory of looking at Pendles last night, I think he gets the DE and misses on k/h ratio.

Hawk supporters mush have an ITK poster who is as useful as that Brian Whispers account (or whatever he was called) for the Saints back in the halcyon days of the Carlisle trade. Some shit talker has been telling them all along that he was going to the Hawks, then instead of admitting he's a shit talker is making up some crap about Shiel making his decision based on what was going to be traded back to GWS. It just doesn't pass the sniff test.

Shiel made his decision in part because of Essendon not offering the farm for him so he could play on a list that could afford more players. Essendon is looking a lot better than Hawthorn for next year and the following 5.

As I said a week ago, I was hoping he'd go to Hawthorn and they would ensure they had no first round next year either. They need to start a root and branch rebuild, getting in Shiel will help paper over the cracks and keep them middle of the road, to ensure they don't get a suite of good draft picks.

On the other hand, Essendon is brimming with talent about to enter their prime years or beginning that. They have two mature AA KPDs, a mature ruck and two mature mids. The rest is that youth (and Baguley). That talent is full of line breaking speed too. If Essendon is able to add a gut-busting runner to the midfield with Shiel and have a blessed run with injuries they are going to be an excellent team. I'd happily give up two firsts if Scully comes with Shiel.

Not sure you should be bagging ITK posters - your mail has been proven to be way off the mark.

Hawthorn didn't agree to pay two first-rounders. So it couldn't be announced.

He announces he's going to Essendon. Who didn't agree to pay two first-rounders.

Hawk-logic.

I doubt it was the possibility of two first rounders. I suspect we'd have offered our first two rounders if pressed, but don't really know for sure. I suspect getting into the top 10 would have been the big difference, and something Hawthorn couldn't provide, and Carlton probably wouldn't provide. It makes sense that the deal went to Essendon when Hawthorn couldn't get the trade done as it explains why his own father in law thought it was happening 2 days earlier. Changing horses probably delayed the announcement a couple of days. Of course it is possible Essendon was his choice all along, certainly the safest choice success wise next year. I'm guessing the bookies had Bombers as more likely to make 8 than us, even before this news broke.

Unprofessional? Nah. Hawthorn never went public, never made a statement on Shiel. Tried to work through it behind closed doors with GWS/Connors but couldn’t.

Fair play to Bombers who got it done.

I know for a fact that Shiel has his preference order as, Us, Blues, Saints and then Hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Back