Eagles actively seeking a trade with all picks up for grabs

Remove this Banner Ad

Coledinho

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 23, 2010
Upturn Park
AFL Club
West Coast
Woosha and Sumich have both been on radio in recent times expressing a desire to trade away the picks we have this year for any players with 2-5 years experience preferabbly a player from W.A and someone who can slot into our best 18 right away. Going by the comments from both men they are specifically targetting 1 or 2 players and not just casting a wide net. Pretty much looking for players with 2-5 years experience and formerely from W.A judging the comments

IMO its more than likely they speaking of Scott Gumbleton. Sumichs comments in particular lean that way. It could also be Jamie Bennell who Eagles were VERY interested in pre draft however Melbourne snapped him up before we could. In all likelihood it has to be Gumbleton really...

Gumbleton is a strange one. Have a seemingly better option in Kennedy and Essendon would be very reluctant given they have just got him on the park.

Gumbleton is a FF not a CHF as much as Essendon are trying to pretend otherwise. Spent his whole junior career at FF for a reason.

He is out of contract so they may not have a choice. Its strange because his value is in between Eagles 1st and 2nd rounders atm of 4 and 25. Ideally hes worth pick 10-15 and I imagine Eagles will throw away the likes of McKinley/Spangher/Lynch to try and trade our 2nd rounder to this position in order to snare Gumbleton.

McKinley has had no success at Eagles since LeCras development and I think a change of scenery to Carlton/St Kilda would be on the cards. Spangher also seems to be the type of rebounding defender Knights likes and they did try and get him last year so they may still be interested in getting him into the club

I think the failed experiment of Brown up forward has finally woken the club up to the fact that they still need to get a legitimate FF.

Up until a month ago we looked OK with Brown and Notte both genuine long-term FF options. Now the picture isn't as rosy and Kennedy is all we have.

Yes Gumbleton looms as the obvious target but I seem to recall him saying how happy he is at Essendon (Bennell @ Melbourne likewise).

We also still lack a genuine crumber, so if a WA kid like Brennan Stack or Leroy Jetta wanted to come home we'd have to be all over that.

Another obvious target is Carlton. With Betts, Yarran and Garlett all first 18 players, it makes the small forward position in the Carlton side a bit crowded. Incidently an area eagles are struggling with. With a few holes appearing in the Blues side, they may be willing to trade on of those guys (Garlett most likely?) for a player or draft pick that will help them complete their list.

Another obvious target is Carlton. With Betts, Yarran and Garlett all first 18 players, it makes the small forward position in the Carlton side a bit crowded. Incidently an area eagles are struggling with. With a few holes appearing in the Blues side, they may be willing to trade on of those guys (Garlett most likely?) for a player or draft pick that will help them complete their list.
Yarran and Betts signed recently. They love Garlett, and he wouldnt want to leave the other two, so I doubt we'll deal with you. Unless you want S. Browne :)

Trading potential is one thing, off loading players that havent cut it is another.
All clubs have the likes of Spangher & McKinlay that cant get a gig in the main game.
Reality is the issue, if you want a good player,you will have to give up something good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yarran and Betts signed recently. They love Garlett, and he wouldnt want to leave the other two, so I doubt we'll deal with you. Unless you want S. Browne :)

Since when are signed players off the market?
Betts won't be traded, but Yarran and Garlett would have to be on the table for the right trade?

That said, apart from pick 4, not much else the Blues would want from our list. M.Brown to fill a key defender post? Maybe McKenzie?

Since when are signed players off the market?
Betts won't be traded, but Yarran and Garlett would have to be on the table for the right trade?
You'd have to give up A LOT for a contracted Yarran. We would be stupid to trade away the future of our club (unless you got another Judd?) even if it was a fair offer allround.

Woosha / Suma want positional player (s), and willing to give up First and ( or ) second round pick . Well Woosha we could get a AFL ready Darling to play next season with our first pick ... please leave recruiting to others Woosha / Suma , you hardly have any runs on the board this year :confused:

Gumbleton - NO , back injury and fortnightly travel would not help his career ... one more back injury career over

Ryder / Clark we could chase with our picks in the draft !

Gumbleton is a FF not a CHF as much as Essendon are trying to pretend otherwise. Spent his whole junior career at FF for a reason.

He is out of contract so they may not have a choice. Its strange because his value is in between Eagles 1st and 2nd rounders atm of 4 and 25. Ideally hes worth pick 10-15 and I imagine Eagles will throw away the likes of McKinley/Spangher/Lynch to try and trade our 2nd rounder to this position in order to snare Gumbleton.

McKinley has had no success at Eagles since LeCras development and I think a change of scenery to Carlton/St Kilda would be on the cards. Spangher also seems to be the type of rebounding defender Knights likes and they did try and get him last year so they may still be interested in getting him into the club

I see Gumbleton's key attribute as his endureance and ability to get up the ground Riewoldt style. Not the body for wrestling it out in the square, and not a brilliant set shot for goal on exposed form...would be odd to try and revert him back to a FF.

Given the support shown by Essendon to this point in time and the room they have to move salary cap wise I can't see him going anywhere...nor should he.

I see Gumbleton's key attribute as his endureance and ability to get up the ground Riewoldt style. Not the body for wrestling it out in the square, and not a brilliant set shot for goal on exposed form...would be odd to try and revert him back to a FF.

Given the support shown by Essendon to this point in time and the room they have to move salary cap wise I can't see him going anywhere...nor should he.

He will come home for homesickness more than anything. Given the support shown will probably be sacked by seasons end I also cant see that being a good reason to stay. Eagles have similar salary cap freedom too Essendon too. All the fingers are pointing to him really

He will come home for homesickness more than anything. Given the support shown will probably be sacked by seasons end I also cant see that being a good reason to stay. Eagles have similar salary cap freedom too Essendon too. All the fingers are pointing to him really

End of 2009. Lloyd and Lucas are forced out of the Bombers side to give the younger players such as Neagle and Gumby a chance to develop as forwards

End of 2010. Gumby is traded to the Eagles ..................

Can't see it happening .....................

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles actively seeking a trade with all picks up for grabs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back