Eagles actively seeking a trade with all picks up for grabs

Remove this Banner Ad

Proven goal kicker? West Aussie? How about Mitch Morton for your second pick?

Seriously though I reckon you guys should go through the draft. You've got a lot of young talent and therefore have the time to draft and develop a few more kids. Gumby is obviously risky.

He will come home for homesickness more than anything. Given the support shown will probably be sacked by seasons end I also cant see that being a good reason to stay. Eagles have similar salary cap freedom too Essendon too. All the fingers are pointing to him really

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...me-at-windy-hill/story-e6frf9jf-1225871286809

But Bomber fans can rest easy; Gumbleton is injury-free, happy at Essendon, and about to start negotiations on a new long-term contract.

Gumbleton's happiness may relate to some continuity with his body, but captain Jobe Watson has also been a critical factor. Gumbleton lives with Watson, and is considered over the homesickness that once saw him considering a return home.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...me-at-windy-hill/story-e6frf9jf-1225871286809

You'd have to give up A LOT for a contracted Yarran. We would be stupid to trade away the future of our club (unless you got another Judd?) even if it was a fair offer allround.

Carlton would jump all over pick 6-8-10 for Yarran.

They'd be nuts if they didn't.

Wells is the only uncontracted player on our books that would be in the best 30.

Bennell has shown alot this year but we do have a number of players to take his place if he went.

WCE fans in your opinion what is he worth in both pick(s) or player(s)

geez ur desperate for him. If your recruiting staff are the same we can ask over the odds.

Not really. Im not plussed either way. I do like Jack Darling and wouldnt mind if we just picked him up instead.

Ultimately Woosha and Sumich are making comments which are clearly regarding Scott Gumbleton. They cant be about anyone else because you find me the other 2-5 year KPP player with links from W.A thats out of contract and yet to sign on.....

Bennell has shown alot this year but we do have a number of players to take his place if he went.

WCE fans in your opinion what is he worth in both pick(s) or player(s)

Pick 35 of 2008 - second round
either similar pick or
Mckinley - pick 29, 2005 or
Spangher - pick 34, 2005

Not really. Im not plussed either way. I do like Jack Darling and wouldnt mind if we just picked him up instead.

Ultimately Woosha and Sumich are making comments which are clearly regarding Scott Gumbleton. They cant be about anyone else because you find me the other 2-5 year KPP player with links from W.A thats out of contract and yet to sign on.....

Id of thought Mitch Morton?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For Bennell, there'd be no point trading him for a 2nd Round pick as there is no guarantee that a better player could be picked up in this draft. Doing this would get you a player with less experience, and Bennell has shown enough to warrant his 2nd round selection.

The only way Melbourne would accept a trade is if we included something else. 3rd round pick won't do it and 1st round pick is too much. 2nd Round Pick + McKinley is what I'd pay

Id take comments like that like a grain of salt. Mean nothing overall. No quotes and just guess work from the journo. The word MAY seems to give them a license to create I feel

You have no clue. He is settled in Melbourne. He lives with Jobe and is happy. He also has a girlfriend from Melbourne. He himself is quoted as saying he is 'happy' and wants to stay with Essendon.

Id take comments like that like a grain of salt. Mean nothing overall. No quotes and just guess work from the journo. The word MAY seems to give them a license to create I feel

Dont know where you plucked Gumby from ?

My understanding is he is not in our sites as we have queries over his long term viability.

Gumby if he wanted to come home would be looking to go to fremantle, his family are dockers members.

He would also be perfect replacement for Pav down the line.

He is also a CHF not a full foward, he runs a 15 beep, and looks alot more comfortable as a CHF than a FF.

If we want a full foward we should look at Darling, who was very good on the weekend for west perth.

I strongly doubt we will trade our first pick this year.

I would be very surprised ig Scott didnt return home at some stage over the course of his career.

I suspect he'll sign one more contract with the Bombers, simply to prove he can play at the highest level to the club, then ask for a ticket home.

What are the chances of West Coast getting their hands on Myers, if they were to go after him? And what would Essendon want for him realistically?

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles actively seeking a trade with all picks up for grabs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back