Eagles actively seeking a trade with all picks up for grabs

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont know where you plucked Gumby from ?

My understanding is he is not in our sites as we have queries over his long term viability.

Gumby if he wanted to come home would be looking to go to fremantle, his family are dockers members.

He would also be perfect replacement for Pav down the line.

He is also a CHF not a full foward, he runs a 15 beep, and looks alot more comfortable as a CHF than a FF.

If we want a full foward we should look at Darling, who was very good on the weekend for west perth.

I strongly doubt we will trade our first pick this year.

Who the hell else could it be. 2-5 year player, from W.A and a KPP player? They narrowed it down about as much as humanely possible.

Who the hell else could it be. 2-5 year player, from W.A and a KPP player? They narrowed it down about as much as humanely possible.

They want a positional player , easily could be Ryder / Clark / Rich / Black / Bateman / Franklin / Corey / Judd ( now i'm struggling ) ummmm / Wells / Morton / Van Berlo / Taylor

They have said they are canvassing all possibilities on players returning not one player in particular .

Dajesmac

Would be many happy supporters if Myers was traded.

He is struggling to maintain his place in the team, hasn't cemented a regular position and doesn't appear to have the faith of the coaches.

You would get a good deal for him - somewhere around 40.

Dajesmac

Would be many happy supporters if Myers was traded.

He is struggling to maintain his place in the team, hasn't cemented a regular position and doesn't appear to have the faith of the coaches.

You would get a good deal for him - somewhere around 40.

Thanks for that. I'm surprised as he's only a third year player. Perhaps a fresh start as needed. Would be happy to take him for something that cheap! :)

For Bennell, there'd be no point trading him for a 2nd Round pick as there is no guarantee that a better player could be picked up in this draft. Doing this would get you a player with less experience, and Bennell has shown enough to warrant his 2nd round selection.

The only way Melbourne would accept a trade is if we included something else. 3rd round pick won't do it and 1st round pick is too much. 2nd Round Pick + McKinley is what I'd pay

Even if you finished last your 2nd round will be mid-late 20's and McKinley is of no interest to us.

To get it done it would have to be for first round for Bennell and our second round.

Thanks for that. I'm surprised as he's only a third year player. Perhaps a fresh start as needed. Would be happy to take him for something that cheap! :)

Let me check his contract status.

I am the opposite to most on this board as I tend to under-rate players.

Agree that he may need a fresh start.

I know he is Victorian but what about Beau Dowler. He is definitely a full forward and has had trouble breaking into Hawthorn's forward line with Buddy and Roughy. Has a big tank too which would suit Subi. Will obviously be for a lower pick or some borderline Victorian on your list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if you finished last your 2nd round will be mid-late 20's and McKinley is of no interest to us.

To get it done it would have to be for first round for Bennell and our second round.
yeh, we arent carlton.

Carlton would NOT want to lose Gartlett but would definetly move for a big compensation if they had to. Yarran is going to take some years to develop the tank required to play AFL at a peak level. He should start to play midfield occasionally next year. Betts is a big possibility to get moved into midfield rotations too. There fore Gartlett can fit in the Blues best 22.

Paddy Ryder is contracted till the end of 2012 and has a massive "Untouchable" sticker slapped on him.

Essendon will announce they have resigned Gumbleton for 2 years in the coming weeks im led to believe.
Myers is an interesting case as he may need a change of scenery but i think he is still in future plans and benefit from an uninterrupted pre-season and continuity in the team and maybe under a new coach.

I know he is Victorian but what about Beau Dowler. He is definitely a full forward and has had trouble breaking into Hawthorn's forward line with Buddy and Roughy. Has a big tank too which would suit Subi. Will obviously be for a lower pick or some borderline Victorian on your list.

Now I know you will not be that happy with this offer but Spangher for Dowler plus maybe a fourth rounder that would be the currencey.

We strengthen our tall forward options. you strengthen your tall defender options.

Thats not that unrealistic.

The trade has merit.

dont need gumby at all i feel. essendon wouldnt let him go easily either.

Bennell would be nice, word was we wanted him with pick 36 but melbourne took him with 35. so we took ash smith instead who seems to be going well at the moment. i reckon it would take something like 2nd rounder + McKinley for melb to let go of him. i wouldnt really be interested in that.

one guy i wanted us to chase last season was Leroy Jetta from essendon, he was pretty close to getting delisted...played some awesome footy in the bombers good patch through the middle of the season. not sure what he'd be worth? seems a bit hot and cold at times.

Proven goal kicker? West Aussie? How about Mitch Morton for your second pick?

Seriously though I reckon you guys should go through the draft. You've got a lot of young talent and therefore have the time to draft and develop
a few more kids. Gumby is obviously risky.

No team that finishes 16th/ 15th of 14th should ever opt out of a draft, especially early.

We need more attacking players, natural goal kickers and line breakers. They don't come cheap at the trade table.

Pick 35 of 2008 - second round
either similar pick or
Mckinley - pick 29, 2005 or
Spangher - pick 34, 2005

I really don't like this logic.

You haven't factored in the two years of development that Melbourne have put in, among other things. Unless Bennell had asked to leave, you wouldn't be able to give "a similar pick"; you're going to have to pay more than he's worth. Melbourne has no reason to do 'favours' for WC by wasting two years of development and a player who is currently filling a role in the team just to get the same pick back.

And then you thing players taken at a similar position 3 years ago is a fair trade? Just because they've been taken at the same pick doesn't mean they're just as good, or that they have the same value to a team, or that they have the same scope for improvement. If WC is so keen to offload those players and Melbourne isn't keen to trade Bennell, it says a lot about those 2 players worth as well.

It'd be like Hawthorn offering Fremantle Xavier Ellis for Stephen Hill because they were both taken at pick 3.

(I'm not trying to compare players by the way.)

I would be very surprised ig Scott didnt return home at some stage over the course of his career.

I suspect he'll sign one more contract with the Bombers, simply to prove he can play at the highest level to the club, then ask for a ticket home.

What makes you say this?

I really don't like this logic.

You haven't factored in the two years of development that Melbourne have put in, among other things. Unless Bennell had asked to leave, you wouldn't be able to give "a similar pick"; you're going to have to pay more than he's worth. Melbourne has no reason to do 'favours' for WC by wasting two years of development and a player who is currently filling a role in the team just to get the same pick back.

And then you thing players taken at a similar position 3 years ago is a fair trade? Just because they've been taken at the same pick doesn't mean they're just as good, or that they have the same value to a team, or that they have the same scope for improvement. If WC is so keen to offload those players and Melbourne isn't keen to trade Bennell, it says a lot about those 2 players worth as well.

It'd be like Hawthorn offering Fremantle Xavier Ellis for Stephen Hill because they were both taken at pick 3.

(I'm not trying to compare players by the way.)

Correct both teams and players need to be interested in the players and teams or there is no deal. Our second round pick will be around 27 - 33 don't think you would get much more than that if in fact you were interested in trading him which I don't think you are - but on the other hand if bennell wanted to go and was out of contract you would have to take what was offered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles actively seeking a trade with all picks up for grabs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back