Eagles Captain In Gun Brouha

Remove this Banner Ad

gytre said:
Who Ben and Gardy choose to associate with in their private time is their own business AFAIC.

True. Refusing to assist police in a criminal investigation is a little more serious though wouldn't you say?

http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/...olice-questions/2005/05/04/1115092561895.html

"O'Callaghan said both Cousins and Gardiner refused to answer questions. "It is their right to refuse to answer questions but I have got to say as role models in the community it's disappointing to see that they are not cooperating with police," he said."

WestCat said:
risk legal charges. For their sake, I would hope that they have nothing to hide

Risk legal charges for what? Making a phone call?

I'll type slowly so that you can understand....

They weren't even AT Metro's when it happened. What part of that do you not understand? Since when is it a crime to phone somebody who is in a nightclub? Of course they have nothing to hide, they weren't even there when the incident occurred!

hawkeye23 said:
Of course they have nothing to hide, they weren't even there when the incident occurred!

People with nothing to hide don't usually refuse to co-operate with a police investigation.....

Dave said:
People with nothing to hide don't usually refuse to co-operate with a police investigation.....

I don't know about you, but if my lawyer told me to say nothing, I'd be saying nothing... whether I had something to hide or not. Maybe that's just my cynical nature?

PerthCrow said:
It is being reported that police have questioned Eagles captain Ben Cousins and Eagles ruckman Michael Gardiner over an incident which saw a member of a Lebanese gang shot and leading bikie identity Troy Mercanti stabbed a number of times.John Kizon ''colourful nightclub identity'' was cherged on the same night.

While police have not laid any charges and none are expected, there was some concern over a phone call made at the time of the incident.

Both Gardiner and Cousins have been linked previously with John Kizon, who has been charged with impeding an investigation and the destruction of a crime scene.

I am looking for a link and will provide one when available.

Culture.

hawkeye23 said:
WTF??? How has carving himself a place as the former number one ruckman in the league ever been considered a problem for West Coast? :confused:

Gardiner has always been trouble off-field.

Ask Chris Judd what he did to him and his fellow draftees in the their first pre-season.

Not an ideal role model. Although it didn't seem to do Judd any harm!

cameronk said:
Don't get me wrong, Gardiner is a disgrace and should be given the arse. The guy has been a problem at West Coast since day 1.

Before that in fact! the writing was on the wall when he got the ars from Hale School and really he is not very intelligent, in fact a big gumby!

hawkeye23 said:

They weren't even AT Metro's when it happened. What part of that do you not understand? Since when is it a crime to phone somebody who is in a nightclub? Of course they have nothing to hide, they weren't even there when the incident occurred!

I think you may have the blinkers on here Hawkeye.

Lets look at the facts:

1. There was a shooting in a nightclub.

2. The people involved in the shooting are known associates of Gardiner and Cousins and by admission of at least Gardiner are considered close friends.

3. Police want to question both Gardiner and Cousins about information they may have about the incident (allegedly from phone calls made within a short space of time after the incident).

4. Gardiner and Cousins didn't cooperate with Police.

Now you have to ask yourself what possible reason do Gardiner and Cousins have to associate themselves with known underworld figures and members of outlaw motorcycle gangs? Similar interests perhaps.

What they do in their own time is their own business - well what if they joined Australia First or associated with known child sex offenders. Neither is illegal. This is a public relations nightmare for West Coast and I think the train wreck maybe just around the corner.

deelited said:
I think you may have the blinkers on here Hawkeye.

Lets look at the facts:

1. There was a shooting in a nightclub.

2. The people involved in the shooting are known associates of Gardiner and Cousins and by admission of at least Gardiner are considered close friends.

3. Police want to question both Gardiner and Cousins about information they may have about the incident (allegedly from phone calls made within a short space of time after the incident).

4. Gardiner and Cousins didn't cooperate with Police.

Now you have to ask yourself what possible reason do Gardiner and Cousins have to associate themselves with known underworld figures and members of outlaw motorcycle gangs? Similar interests perhaps.

What they do in their own time is their own business - well what if they joined Australia First or associated with known child sex offenders. Neither is illegal. This is a public relations nightmare for West Coast and I think the train wreck maybe just around the corner.

Note bolded text. Until they've been proven to have done something illegal, its all just heresay! Making and receiving phone calls has never been illegal as far as I can remember.

Its like someone saying to me that just because I was friends with Saddam Hussein (for example) I must be involved with something illegal/morally corrupt.

hawkeye23 said:
Note bolded text. Until they've been proven to have done something illegal, its all just heresay! Making and receiving phone calls has never been illegal as far as I can remember.

Its like someone saying to me that just because I was friends with Saddam Hussein (for example) I must be involved with something illegal/morally corrupt.

Reckon you've just been trumped!
Your argument is akin to saying if my Grandmother had balls she'd be my Grandfather. In other words you're talking out of your fundamental orifice!

hawkeye23 said:
I don't know about you, but if my lawyer told me to say nothing, I'd be saying nothing... whether I had something to hide or not. Maybe that's just my cynical nature?

If they've got nothing to hide why do they need a lawyer?

Are people seriously suggesting they go in and tell them whatever they know about their acquaintences? The ramifications for everyone involved is much worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dave said:
If they've got nothing to hide why do they need a lawyer?

If the police have had Kizon and Troy Mercanti's phones tapped for two years why does Karl O'Callaghan need to create this circus and call Gardy and Cuz in to explain what they were talking about? Somethings amiss here, it reaks of personal agendas both within the media and the WA Police Force. Can someone categorically deny or confirm that O'Callaghan is or is not a Dockers supporter/member?.

UNIT said:
Can someone categorically deny or confirm that O'Callaghan is or is not a Dockers supporter/member?.

With a name like that he could be a Black Ducks supporter?.

Oh geez, Unit's a Black Duck's supporter, Masai is a Black Ducks supporter...... we have trouble here.

To all Dockers supporters I will from today vow to not associate with Unit, even though we may be seen at the same venue's from time to time (Basso Oval).

RIPPER_46 said:
Pity the star witness died while on a witness protection system that was compromised.
You are confused. The most recent charges against Kizon was to do with insider trading I believe. His accountant was also charged. The judge threw it out in a flash.

hawkeye23 said:

If you refuse to help police during an investigation they can charge you.

UNIT said:
If the police have had Kizon and Troy Mercanti's phones tapped for two years why does Karl O'Callaghan need to create this circus and call Gardy and Cuz in to explain what they were talking about? Somethings amiss here, it reaks of personal agendas both within the media and the WA Police Force. Can someone categorically deny or confirm that O'Callaghan is or is not a Dockers supporter/member?.
Now who's making unfounded accusations?

Freo Big Fella said:
Who's excusing what Farmer did??

What digusts me is that West Coast sees fit to hold these two idiots up as an example for kiddies by giving them a leadership role at the club when they're fraternising with a known crook. Surely thats the problem here?

Can't be compared to Farmer at all. Farmer is an open book. Did wrong, admitted it, apologised, took his punishment and got on with his life.

None of the seedy, sleazy suspicion surrounding Cousins and especially Gardiner over a number of years. People can bury their heads in the sand but Gardiner is closely linked to not only John Kizon but also Troy Mercanti. Anyone not in the know can put two and two together.

deelited said:
Now you have to ask yourself what possible reason do Gardiner and Cousins have to associate themselves with known underworld figures
There could be any number of reasons - why make assumptions? John Kizon is a former boxer, has numerous contacts in the sporting industry in WA, and is a keen supporter of the West Coast Eagles.

deelited said:
and members of outlaw motorcycle gangs? Similar interests perhaps.
This term "outlaw motorcycle gangs" is just pure government/police/media propaganda. The motorcycle gangs in Perth are all perfectly legal. None of them are "outlaws". :rolleyes:

deelited said:
Are you referring to the Australia First Party? What the hell would be wrong with that??? :rolleyes: I'm a former member myself.

Freo Big Fella said:
Now appears that they met with Kizon before they went in for questioning. Oh dear......

West Coast management must be hitting the roof. No doubt they a wondering if they can get through this without a public sanction of these two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles Captain In Gun Brouha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back