Eagles Captain In Gun Brouha

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo Big Fella said:
Who's excusing what Farmer did??

What digusts me is that West Coast sees fit to hold these two idiots up as an example for kiddies by giving them a leadership role at the club when they're fraternising with a known crook. Surely thats the problem here?
Cousins is a great captain.

Ruddiger said:
It's funny how the Freakmantle supporters come out of the woodwork quoting news stories when it suits them.

After all, there is a huge worldwide media conspiracy against them and their team ;)

Whining from people that cant handle media being exposed on their team in a glim light for a change...

maybe they were just checking if kerr had anymore prescription pills for them

Au_Blue#24 said:
My oponion is that gardy is a spanker and west coast should seriously look at trading him.

I think cousins has a different demeanor to gardy. His association may be inappropriate but he hasnt the bad attitude gardiner has got.
and how do u know what attitude gardy has?

I think if they do know something they're in big trouble, because it leaves them 2 options, tell all and get Kizon an co. off side, or say nothing and risk legal charges (which they seem to be doing at the moment with their lack of co-operation with the cops). For their sake, I would hope that they have nothing to hide, but knowing Gardiner's past (he has been in trouble concerning drugs at school, was expelled from Hale, but that was for something different), and that Cousins apparently also enjoys recreational drugs (according to a close friend he was off his face on ecstasy at Summerdayz, but I haven't seen any proof so I'm not saying anything definative), they could be in serious trouble.

Woosha looked very unhappy about the situation, particularly when it was mentioned that this sort of thing wouldn't have happened when he was captain. Whatever the outcome, can anyone really see Cousins remaining captain after this sort of incident?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not at all concerned with what they might snort nor am I particularly concerned with who rings them. If Kizon wants a tip off his mate Benny I dont see that as a problem. If Troy wants to wish his mate Gardy good luck in his game..no problem there either.

What does concern me is why would 2 footballers get phone calls before a major incident..and also after. To discuss football? I think not. If they can come up with a plausible excuse , all well and good, but until then their names and West Coasts reputation , by connection, will continue to be tied to all manner of dirty grubby issues.

PerthCrow said:
I am not at all concerned with what they might snort nor am I particularly concerned with who rings them. If Kizon wants a tip off his mate Benny I dont see that as a problem. If Troy wants to wish his mate Gardy good luck in his game..no problem there either.

What does concern me is why would 2 footballers get phone calls before a major incident..and also after. To discuss football? I think not. If they can come up with a plausible excuse , all well and good, but until then their names and West Coasts reputation , by connection, will continue to be tied to all manner of dirty grubby issues.

They made phone calls to someone at the nightclub, it has not been said that that person was Kizon or Mercanti or anyone for that matter.

Niall said:
They made phone calls to someone at the nightclub, it has not been said that that person was Kizon or Mercanti or anyone for that matter.
As the police have had taps on Kizon and Mercantis phones for over 2 years, one would assume thats how they got the record of the calls

Niall said:
From the AAP story:
It is believed police wanted to question the AFL players about conversations they are understood to have had with one of two men charged with disposing of the gun fired in the fracas at the Metro nightclub in January.

The charged men are businessman John Kizon and Coffin Cheaters associate David Morris.
So it's Kizon or Morris.

Calling Gardiner a moron is a slap in the face to morons!
Surprised the Eagles didn't recruit Zantuck.

Don't be surprised to see Gardiners name being bandied about come trade time. Worsfold won't put up with that sort of association. Idiots!

T_Bones said:
Gardiner was expelled from Hale for stealing an exam...

Must be a vicious crime syndicate Kizon's got going, what ever happened to putting a hit on someone to prove yourself.

PerthCrow said:

Yep that would be my concern. For more enlightened reading on Gardiner and Cousins and their links to Underworld figures:
http://www.melbournecrime.bizhosting.com/jkizon.htm

Sure Gardiner and Cousins have never been charged with anything, but this has been going on for a number of years and the question that I would want to know if I were a WC member is what has the club done about it?

Ho hum. Probably all a media beat up and much ado about nothing. The cops have been after Kizon for years. Last time the judge barely blinked before he threw out the case for lack of evidence.

Who Ben and Gardy choose to associate with in their private time is their own business AFAIC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles Captain In Gun Brouha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back