Autopsy Eagles v Blues - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sun August 18th 2:40 W / 4:40 E - (Optus Stadium)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, until you're fielding actual VFL players for AFL games, don't bother bringing it up with WCE fans.

We've sat through 2 nights of Robbo on VFL 360 comparing Carlton vs WCE this weekend akin to the 300 Spartans at Thermopylae, one of the greatest wins of all time, etc.

WCE got a graph on On The Couch for about 10 seconds and that was all the talk we got.

Having said that, I absolutely empathise with the situation Carlton are going through right now, it ****ing sucks.
Loughan was no better on Monday, dribbling similar shit to slobbo.

Once again you play the man - this time by tagging me into a discussion that has nothing to do with me and making a cheap and childish comment.

I am comfortable with my discussions around injuries because when it comes to Carlton I always provide an explanation for my view and not non-specific and irrelevant rubbish like "all teams have injuries". I also don't try and minimise the impact of opposition injuries (like some) because I am aware that fans that support that team would know a lot more about their impact than me.

I have always been consistent that injuries are never the sole reason for a poor performance but they can have a significant impact especially in certain contexts.
Stop starting posts with personal rubbish like you've done on here and focus on talking about the topic at hand.

"Triggered! Salty! Playing the man" is a rather tiresome narrative to lean into when someone brings up points that annoy you.

You can be comfortable all you like and in fact I encourage you to have as much conviction in your arguments as you like. It doesn't stop other people disagreeing. I disagree with the narrative that Carlton's poor matches this year have been a reflection of poor luck with injuries.

"Well you have to admit that injuries affect performance" at this point is creating a strawman argument. Instead you could simply offer an opinion that diametrically opposes mine: "Injuries are the primary reason for Carlton's poor year and end of season collapse".

Stop starting posts with personal rubbish like you've done on here and focus on talking about the topic at hand.

"Triggered! Salty! Playing the man" is a rather tiresome narrative to lean into when someone brings up points that annoy you.

You can be comfortable all you like and in fact I encourage you to have as much conviction in your arguments as you like. It doesn't stop other people disagreeing. I disagree with the narrative that Carlton's poor matches this year have been a reflection of poor luck with injuries.

"Well you have to admit that injuries affect performance" at this point is creating a strawman argument. Instead you could simply offer an opinion that diametrically opposes mine: "Injuries are the primary reason for Carlton's poor year and end of season collapse".
This is just ridiculous. Not once have I said that injuries are the main reason for our drop off in form so why would I argue with you on that point? And why would I be "annoyed" with that point being made when I dont disagree with it?

What annoyed me was being tagged in a conversation that had nothing to do with me and then you including a petty and inaccurate comment like that.

This is just ridiculous. Not once have I said that injuries are the main reason for our drop off in form so why would I argue with you on that point? And why would I be "annoyed" with that point being made when I dont disagree with it?

What annoyed me was being tagged in a conversation that had nothing to do with me and then you including a petty and inaccurate comment like that.
Stop starting posts with inflammatory statements such as this, and instead argue the actual points.

My opinion is that Carlton's disappointing capitulation has not primarily been down to injury issues. Do you agree, or disagree? We can discuss things once you have finally established your opinion rather than repeated "I did not say this, you can't say that" deflection statements.

Stop starting posts with inflammatory statements such as this, and instead argue the actual points.

My opinion is that Carlton's disappointing capitulation has not primarily been down to injury issues. Do you agree, or disagree? We can discuss things once you have finally established your opinion rather than repeated "I did not say this, you can't say that" deflection statements.
I do agree that injuries were not the primary reason for our drop off.

And it is not deflection to defend myself from an incorrect accusation. In the other thread you said I was one of the posters saying it was the injuries that were the reason for our drop off when I did not and my posting history will show that.

I do agree that injuries were not the primary reason for our drop off.

And it is not deflection to defend myself from an incorrect accusation. In the other thread you said I was one of the posters saying it was the injuries when I did not and my posting history will show that.
All good then. We finally agree.

All good then. We finally agree.
No not all good actually. Why don't you back up your accusation that I was one of the posters in the banter thread that was saying our drop off was mainly caused by injuries?

To say we "finally agree" when I have never disagreed is wrong.

No not all good actually. Why don't you back up your accusation that I was one of the posters in the banter thread that was saying our drop off was mainly caused by injuries?

To say we "finally agree" when I have never disagreed is wrong.
Actually all really good.

I drew out the concession I wanted to see, which was a long time in waiting.

Time to move on now, I think.

Even with all the outs I still think that Carlton will find a way to get over the line somehow. They still have enough quality around the ground to win enough contests and give whomever is inside their forward line enough chances to score.

Having said that it would be highly entertaining for all to see the Blues bottle this one. So for all of us on BF.........

Eagles by 8 points.

that drum has been banged all year and it's been tiresome

Sounds to me like you wish you wish such and such people would stop mentioning injuries.

I will if you start doing it.

"I wish such and such people would stop saying this" on the other hand is a rather weak line of argument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair their run with injuries was probably just behind us and Richmond.
No wear near the extent of ours. Our injury list was 21 names long at round 16 last year (I don't even think that was the longest it got to) and was around that number for half a season. Carlton's is at 17 as of this week but wouldn't have been much more than 10 at any other point throughout the season.

Last edited:
Please play Gov in the forward line.
Gov v Gov
Will be like back in the days when Jakovich V Jakovich ended with a big brotherly kiss on the cheek 🤣🤣
Please god no :tearsofjoy:

That'll work out worse for us than it did for Geelong when they played TDK's brother in the ruck against him

the-simpsons-stop.png

No wear near the extent of ours. Our injury list was 21 names long at round 16 last year (I don't even think that was the longest it got to) and was around that number for half a season. Carlton's is at 17 as of this week but wouldn't have been much more than 10 at any other point throughout the season.
Feels like it's been double digits for the vast majority of the last decade to be honest. And this season it has been the same.

Feels like it's been double digits for the vast majority of the last decade to be honest. And this season it has been the same.
Injuries haven't helped us at all this season but i still think we'll be good enough to win on Sunday, how do you plan for the unknown?

Injuries haven't helped us at all this season but i still think we'll be good enough to win on Sunday, how do you plan for the unknown?
Hope we have a couple of debutants in to bring some energy into the team - will be tough either way but hopefully makes us a bit more unpredictable

Even with all the outs I still think that Carlton will find a way to get over the line somehow. They still have enough quality around the ground to win enough contests and give whomever is inside their forward line enough chances to score.

Having said that it would be highly entertaining for all to see the Blues bottle this one. So for all of us on BF.........

Eagles by 8 points.
half of Australia will be cheering on W.C.
obviously more for the LOL at Carlton
fingers crossed ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Eagles v Blues - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sun August 18th 2:40 W / 4:40 E - (Optus Stadium)

Back