Autopsy Bombers v Swans - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Fri August 16th 7:40pm - (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't Leigh Matthews declare him a $1m man about a month ago?

Matthews is dangerously close to completely tarnishing his legacy as a footy guru with most of the stuff he says these days.

Lethal just wants whats best for the comp, further Essendon list mismanagement.

Nothing today has convinced me the Swans are a premiership threat though. Our midfield got destroyed in that first half and any decent teams would have put 70+ points on us in that half.
Hey?

Every clubs bottled it more than a few times this year,
Your as good chance as any, more than most

Keeping rampe and melicsn fit is pretty important for you guys tho

We’re back everyone!! Did you miss us??

A lazy 76 point second half if you don’t mind!
Ignore the first half, it never happened.

Stay tuned… The greatest side in the history of the game is coming to a finals venue near you! 😍

When you lose by 112 you just take the next two wins any way they come

Didn't Leigh Matthews declare him a $1m man about a month ago?

Matthews is dangerously close to completely tarnishing his legacy as a footy guru with most of the stuff he says these days.
Lethal hates Essendon, so using the media to try and get them to overpay is a smart thing to do

Lethal just wants whats best for the comp, further Essendon list mismanagement.
I was at the footy about 20 years ago at a Collingwood game on a Friday night at the G with a mate.
It wasn't massive crowd and we were sitting in the members. It was back in the days where you could find a section of the ground where there were plenty of empty seats and pretty much sit on your own without anyone around you.
Randomly, Leigh Matthews came and sat behind us, on his own.
He was coaching Brisbane at the time. My mate was a mad Collingwood fan, so he said g'day to him and drooled over him for a minute or two, before we both read his body language and acknowledged that he wanted to be mostly left alone, and turned our attention back to the game.
He only sat there for about 10 minutes, then just got up and left. He actually said seeya as he left.

The extraordinary thing was, that after he left, we couldn't help but notice that he left about 900 food wrappers on the ground. Pies, sausage rolls, all sorts of shit. It was extraordinary. It was like a family of 5 had been sitting there all day grazing on footy food!! The dude had been there for 10 minutes FFS! I didn't know whether to revere him, or be disgusted. The man was a remorseless eating machine.

I landed on lauding him.

We’re back everyone!! Did you miss us??

A lazy 76 point second half if you don’t mind!
Ignore the first half, it never happened.

Stay tuned… The greatest side in the history of the game is coming to a finals venue near you! 😍

You beat the most heartless team in the league. congrats!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't watch much of this game after half time, because I was busy with something else. My only question is this.... A Did Essendon just give up and look forward to their Bali trips? B Did Sydney flick a switch and just ruin them, even though the Bombers were actually still trying? or C was it a combination of both??

I didn't watch much of this game after half , because I was busy with something else. My only question is this.... A Did Essendon just give up and look forward to their Bali trips? B Did Sydney flick a switch and just ruin them, even though the Bombers were actually still trying? or C was it a combination of both??
Essendon gave up

I didn't watch much of this game after half time, because I was busy with something else. My only question is this.... A Did Essendon just give up and look forward to their Bali trips? B Did Sydney flick a switch and just ruin them, even though the Bombers were actually still trying? or C was it a combination of both??

Bit of A and a bit of B. We were a lot better in the second half. Midfield won clearances and well Essendon had this great idea of leaving Heeney roam free (not sure about you but great plan)

I was at the footy about 20 years ago at a Collingwood game on a Friday night at the G with a mate.
It wasn't massive crowd and we were sitting in the members. It was back in the days where you could find a section of the ground where there were plenty of empty seats and pretty much sit on your own without anyone around you.
Randomly, Leigh Matthews came and sat behind us, on his own.
He was coaching Brisbane at the time. My mate was a mad Collingwood fan, so he said g'day to him and drooled over him for a minute or two, before we both read his body language and acknowledged that he wanted to be mostly left alone, and turned our attention back to the game.
He only sat there for about 10 minutes, then just got up and left. He actually said seeya as he left.

The extraordinary thing was, that after he left, we couldn't help but notice that he left about 900 food wrappers on the ground. Pies, sausage rolls, all sorts of shit. It was extraordinary. It was like a family of 5 had been sitting there all day grazing on footy food!! The dude had been there for 10 minutes FFS! I didn't know whether to revere him, or be disgusted. The man was a remorseless eating machine.

I landed on lauding him.
Sure 900 wrappers ,even a family of 5 180 wrappers each what a crock of *.

Come on man, I had other important shit to do too - but I prioritised. Essendon were being humiliated, and it was important that I was present to witness it and take it all in.

It was a combination of a couple of things. What commentators won't mention is a large part of that difference in scoring is the willingness of Sydney players to back their skills and have a shot vs Essendon. Because Essendon were looking to give the extra couple of handballs and set up the unpresesured shot they cost themselves goals which means they don't have the margin they should have given their dominance around the ground at half time.

Sydney have a very good first ten minutes of the 3rd quarter with a couple of their senior players standing up and because Essendon haven't got the scoreboard dominance they should have those goals hurt more. Essendon are then forced into a situation where they try to stem momentum by playing keepings off but Sydney have their tails up and don't let it happen.

Look at how many senior Essendon players give a handball instead of having a shot and cost themselves a shot in the first half versus Sydney players willing to back themselves and have a shot from outside 40 in the second half. For example Parish in 5 metres of space 25m out directly in front takes 2 steps hesitates and panic handballs to a stationary teammate instead of having a shot. Elite midfielders in other teams that's going straight over the goal umpires hat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Bombers v Swans - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Fri August 16th 7:40pm - (Marvel)

Back