Autopsy Eagles v Blues - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sun August 18th 2:40 W / 4:40 E - (Optus Stadium)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bizarre that the media gleefully death riding Carlton has pushed the Eagles into favouritism here - a fool and their money hey?

Use your brains people - this is still a very, very average Eagles team that was 35 points down to NM just last week.

Carlton will smash WCE in the middle of the ground and the game will be won from there.

Eagles haven’t been able to arrogantly take an opponent for granted for a couple years, so 99.9% of fans won’t make the same mistake here, as wins are hard to come by. The nervy side of me is thinking of games like R14 2013 (Jobe’s banned substance admission) and R14 2009 (Stynes cancer) where opponent midweek narratives built that sense of ill-timed dread and we ultimately lost to an emotional opponent digging deep.

Last edited:
I find it more incredible that we were favourites at any stage, I got on west coast at 2.25.

We got 3 coming in who have never played a senior game before (Ashton Moir now confirmed to be in) which was pretty obvious would be the case from about 4pm Sunday.
It depends which West Coast turns up too.

They've lost to Essendon, St Kilda and North Melbourne at home this season.

It would be just like them to throw in a disappointing performance after getting a couple of recent wins. At their worst, they can still be as uncompetitive as a VFL side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It depends which West Coast turns up too.

They've lost to Essendon, St Kilda and North Melbourne at home this season.

It would be just like them to throw in a disappointing performance after getting a couple of recent wins. At their worst, they can still be as uncompetitive as a VFL side.

Yeah, I don't know how we're favourites for this one. Even depleted, Carlton still should easily roll over us in the midfield and that is where the game will be won.

Expected to give the Saints a shake at Optus, and we got done by ten goals in the end.

This will be a good test for the Eagles kids who now have a bit of experience on the big stage against a depleted Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Eagles v Blues - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sun August 18th 2:40 W / 4:40 E - (Optus Stadium)

Back