Autopsy Eagles v Blues - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sun August 18th 2:40 W / 4:40 E - (Optus Stadium)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I did t say he reduced the damage by ducking. I said he increased the damage by ducking. Gaff would've hit his chest otherwise and it would've been play on
It's still assault. He hit him. You said any good "lawyer" would get him off before a trial by reviewing the footage in court.
I can tell you now there is zero chance that gets anywhere near trial, let alone a contested mention. "Recklessly causing injury" is the conviction he would face in the real would. Defence would argue reckless instead of intention, which would get up with an early plea.

Last edited:
Um the one against us- where the umps missed a ball that was touched more than Dorotich's in Lygon Street that got paid a mark to gift you a goal in the last minute?
And if we kicked straight, we would've won by 4-5 goals and there'd be zero talk about umpires. I can play this game too.

It's still assault. He hit him. You said any good "lawyer" would get him off before a trial by reviewing the footage in court.
I can tell you now there is zero chance that gets anywhere near trial, let alone a contested mention. "Recklessly causing injury" is the conviction he would face in the real would. Defence would argue reckless instead of intention, which would get up with an early plea.
Yes I was arguing the same. It was old mate saying he would get done for assault

Um, not sure how to put this to you Thrawn but you threw out the rules and made up a entirely different game with this post.
My point is I can use a "what-if" to trump over your "what-if".

Carlton should've been in front by 4-5 goals at that stage, so your bleating about umpires doesn't mean much here.

Very gutsy win by Carlton. Been giving it to them lately but make no mistake, this was their best win for the season. Not only did their kids stamp their case, it also put senior 'injured' players on notice.

Win like that can make significant inroads moving forward.
Disagree, Round 0 trailing by 46 points at the Gabba and winning there was better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very gutsy win by Carlton. Been giving it to them lately but make no mistake, this was their best win for the season. Not only did their kids stamp their case, it also put senior 'injured' players on notice.

Hopefully the kids efforts yesterday were enough to incentivise the club to move on the perennially injured list cloggers like Jack Martin. Few of them showed a bit even if it was vs one of the worst WCE sides in my lifetime

Settle down. They beat the second worst team of the last 5 years.

Nope. This was an elimination final and were clear underdogs coming in.
They will beat St Kilda next week and have their tails up heading into September.
Elimination Final.. LOL! Not for WC it wasn't.

and they are no certainty to beat the Saints. Huge banana peal game

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Eagles v Blues - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sun August 18th 2:40 W / 4:40 E - (Optus Stadium)

Back