Early Fevola trade analysis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont want to rag out Fevola here.

I just think this was a good trade for the CFC.

I have no problems with it as long as the lessons are highlighted, for which they have been.
I'm happy for the CFC to have made the stand and said, "mess with us and we'll mess with you"
There are no tears from Fevola from this quarter.
I don't wish him harm but nor do I particularly wish him well with his new football club.

If one has to go down to save others then so be it.

Bump.

Would've bumped it earlier, but Ive been away during the recent Fevola saga.

Clearly its too early to tell.

The question of whether we have "won" is a simpler analysis but will be a year or two before we can judge it.

Well Its been a year BB, and the dust has finally settled.

Brisbane lost a B and F midfielder in Rischatelli, Fevola (after 17 games) 1 and a half million dollars, Bradshaw, Henderson and Lucas.

Arguably you could add Brennan in there as well (due to Salary cap problems).

They gained a PR nightmare, and an 18 year old mid (Bartlett) who's had two knee reconstructions on each knee (and good luck to the Kid by the way).

Ouch.

Some predictions from this thread were also interesting:

Fevola - He should give them 3-4 good years or quality service.

Or around 17 games.

:eek:

Dont forget that Risk a telly will be heading off to GC17 next year when he comes out of his contract after his treatment by Vossy.

Good call Dramoth!

But Parrot has you beat:

Think Vossy's ego got caught up in the media spotlight during trade week. Looks like a total disaster, just starting to unfold. Trading away all their draft picks on the eve of the compromised drafts was also breathtakingly stupid. :)

Think Vossy has Greg Millered the Lions. This could get nasty.

:)

Still looking very good for us fortunately. Kinda feel sorry for Fev though - looks disinterested, overweight and homesick. Can't see Vossy's gamble working. Meanwhile Hendo and Lucas are coming along nicely.

And my favorite prediction:

I noticed. Fickle bunch aren't they. Anyway, Fev's landed himself a very nice $700k per year, 3 year contract with the Lions. Perhaps he's hoping they'll sack him and pay out his contract, allowing him to return to Melbourne. Would solve the debt problem.

Parrot, you are my very own Psychic octopus.

As a footnote, best of luck to Fevola in his recovery. I actually hope he turns it around and makes it back to the AFL.

Can you remember how pissed off some people were at the thought of trading him away?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Hard to forget when some of those same people now want to take him back. ..

I am not sure we won this trade as much as did well out of a Brisbane loss. ..They wont be beating us by 7pts in a final any time soon. ..

I actually feel sorry for them.

And an odd kinship.

Well, it could have been worse for them............they could have recruited Matt Newton too :eek::eek:

On the other hand, they might have been able to negotiate a bulk deal on rehab :p

Greetings to you

I have read these forums for awhile now & upon seeing this thread just had to reply , especially in light of Carlton's recent non showings.
Anyone who actually thinks that getting rid of Fev is a win is actually saying " I think not playing in finals or being competitive is a win " & anyone who agree's with the above quoted post is living in Noddy land.
* Losing Fev is a disaster , 4 time Coleman medallist & the new " prez
gets rid of him - smart !
* Henderson can hardly stay on his feet before even getting to the
contest & will never ever win a Coleman medal !
* Lucas the next Judd , just like Kevin Rudd is the next Messiah :D
* Betts & Yarran will be better without Fev - who are they going
crumb the ball from , not Henderson he is lying on the ground
Waite is too busy sniping 2nd game teenagers , personally I 'd
just like to seee the pair get more than a dozen kicks between
them.
* Waite > Fev , now you were drinking when you added that right ?
Waite the stay back , don't lead , don't present just try take a speccy
all the time.I know who I would pick in my team to kick a gaol from a
slight angle 55 metres out don't you ?
* Austin the new Waite , lets see Austin you mean the fella that has not
graced the football ground at all this year , right ?
I said last year as soon as that idiot president released Fev that Carlton would not make the finals this year - & they won't.Is he going to stand up just as tough then & accept the blame ?

BBJ

Where did this mental giant get to ???? I guess he's off trolling another board.

A win for the Blues from day 1 (except for the members that had s..t in their pants and did not renew)

A quality 18 y.o. mid and a great 20 y.o. key position prospect for a grubby fat old man.
What were Brisbane thinking? :confused:

What happened to Harks, so sensible in your analysis of the trade, yet now advocating a rethink on Fev. ..

I think most of us here have softened our hard line approach to Fev.
Calling him an idiot is like calling grass, green. There are no arguments there from anyone.

Again, if and a big if, there does come a swell of support from the Carlton fans for him and all my below-mentioned conditions apply, who knows what can happen.

Stick to your guns, the man is a spud and even if, a big IF he cleans up his act, highly doubtful, we should let a struggler like Richmond tread water and pick him up. .. Just like the Cousin's pick up, the main winner was Cousins not Richmond, who didn't go anywhere in the last couple of years. ..

I hear Jack Nicholson is putting a team together. So far he has the big Indian in Ruck, Charlie Sheen is the link man from defense, Matt Newton the enforcer and Fev........should go ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to Harks, so sensible in your analysis of the trade, yet now advocating a rethink on Fev. ..

I'm sorry I have to repeat myself here, but there are no calls for Fev to come back from these quarters, but I'm not silly enough to call an "Impossible" just yet. A highly unlikely yes, but not quite an impossible.

I won't run through the list of circumstances which may conspire for such an event to occur again, but if nothing else, one should never say never.

I'm sorry I have to repeat myself here, but there are no calls for Fev to come back from these quarters, but I'm not silly enough to call an "Impossible" just yet. A highly unlikely yes, but not quite an impossible.

I won't run through the list of circumstances which may conspire for such an event to occur again, but if nothing else, one should never say never.

Yeah I understand the context, I just don't agree and reading through here you were pretty critical of Fev, so much so I cannot help but think you've softened your stance. .. oh and I'll say it. .. Never ever, there is no way he'll be able to clean up enough to come back to the Blues, as a player and if he does, I am sure it will be too likely to cause a relapse, just like Cousins couldn't have ever went back to the WEagles. .. We made the tough and right decision to release him and we should not back down from that stance. ..

If he were younger and could clean up his act at a new club or had cleaned up his act at Brisbane then he might have been able to do a Tarrant and return. .. He isn't, he didn't and Carlton can assist him in his rehab but not as a player. ..

I actually feel sorry for them.

And an odd kinship.

Kind of the same, I have always had a soft spot for Brisbane, that is why I am really critical of Voss and co for making a mess of things. .. Why couldn't Fev had gone to Collingwood, he might have straightened up, they have experience with his sort and if not he could have dragged them through the mud instead. ..

Yeah I understand the context, I just don't agree and reading through here you were pretty critical of Fev, so much so I cannot help but think you've softened your stance. .. oh and I'll say it. .. Never ever, there is no way he'll be able to clean up enough to come back to the Blues, as a player and if he does, I am sure it will be too likely to cause a relapse, just like Cousins couldn't have ever went back to the WEagles. .. We made the tough and right decision to release him and we should not back down from that stance. ..

If he were younger and could clean up his act at a new club or had cleaned up his act at Brisbane then he might have been able to do a Tarrant and return. .. He isn't, he didn't and Carlton can assist him in his rehab but not as a player. ..

I think we've all spent too much time discussing Fev, but the reality out there is that people still want to talk about him.

I'm dreading dinner tonight with a particular friend, for the fact I know I'll be forced into discussing Fev ad nauseum, with him again.
Any Carlton/Fev reunion would be built on too many romantic notions from a supporters point of view, but given certain commercial considerations for the CFC, I just don't see it as a complete given that there may not just be something still there.

Having said that, I hope that I am wrong.

I'd like to be at the Carlton offices when the idiots who didn't renew their 2010 memberships come crawling back.

Right now, I'd be begging for them to come back.
Our numbers aren't growing at the rate we'd like them to, and any notion of 50K must be all but forgotten.

If we don't crack 42K+, who knows how desperate we may become..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back