Early Fevola trade analysis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early analysis is that we are winners in the short term as well as the long term.

We got rid of a player whose body language is disgusting and contrary to many peoples thoughts, hasn't changed with a change in environment.

Fev looks disinterested, bored and lost.

A shame to see really but he wrote and stamped his own papers.

You cannot have a player representing you out on the park that doesn't give a **** about the team as a whole.

I thought we'd be at a bit loss in the short term but we have gained 2 young kids with huge futures ahead of them.

Lucas came back into the team this week and didn't seem to have missed a beat. Sure he has a long way to go but he is cool and composed with and without the football, a good user of the ball and is happy to play a role.

Hendo is showing as much as we could realistically have hoped from a 20 year old key position forward. He'll take time but he will make it.

Fev is overweight and injured yet won't get the treatment needed because Voss is trying to save his own arse.

Brisbane are stuffed.

Well said. I'm just amazed at how well Lucas is performing in his first year. Seems to have all the attributes of a topclass footballer - footy smarts, skillful, quick, great endurance, with good height. He's also got a freaky ability to read the flight of the ball better than most. Has executed a few amazing intercepts across the back half. A great find.

After Houlihan's shocker, a message should be sent to the senior group........perform consitently or make way.

I'd love to see Lucas play that role, or at least get onto the wing. We just can't have Lucas AND Gibbs both using the ball across half back while Carrazzo, Houlihan, Judd, Walker and Simpson continue to butcher the ball kicking I50.

Give at least one of our best kicks use going I50.

Does anyone else think he's a bit of a Gibbs clone, but maybe (if possible, and I know BG was bottom aged)........but maybe even better at the same stage?
I'm rapt for the press to continue to gush over Jake "The Shank" Melksham, but Lucas looks to be pure class.

After Houlihan's shocker, a message should be sent to the senior group........perform consitently or make way.

I'd love to see Lucas play that role, or at least get onto the wing. We just can't have Lucas AND Gibbs both using the ball across half back while Carrazzo, Houlihan, Judd, Walker and Simpson continue to butcher the ball kicking I50.

Does anyone else think he's a bit of a Gibbs clone, but maybe (if possible, and I know BG was bottom aged)........but maybe even better at the same stage?
I'm rapt for the press to continue to gush over Jake "The Shank" Melksham, but Lucas looks to be pure class.

Good points. Lucas really looks to be in the Murph, Gibbs class skill wise. No question. I'd also like to see him play further up the field - ideally wing/half forward. It's not just his skills, but he's a very quick thinker, anticipates brilliantly and was very good at setting up forwards in his junior days. Reckon a kick and 1/2 out from goal is his ideal spot. We've got a heap of forward line talent especially the smalls, but they aren't being used that well because of some sloppy and indirect delivery. Maybe keep Gibbs at HB, and push Lucas to HFF for a week or 2, and get Grigg to come in and do Lucas's support role across HB.

:)

Houlihan IS one of our best kicks going inside 50. He's second for goal assists at the club despite missing a few games.

I think I have it now Malifice.

Discussions must be based on a Carlton board template.

Carlton won by the length of Flemington straight. Brisbane completely stuffed up (woot woot). Every other club stuffed up except us because they just did.

• Losing Fev was an absolute godsend.
  • Henderson will be twice as good as Fev.No 4, no 5 times
  • Lucas the next Judd,
  • And Eddie Betts and Yarran without Fev holding them back will become champions.
  • Waite > Fev
  • Austin the new Waite
  • WHs is great.
To anyone who suggests the loss of Fev sets us back...ludricrous!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Greetings to you

I have read these forums for awhile now & upon seeing this thread just had to reply , especially in light of Carlton's recent non showings.
Anyone who actually thinks that getting rid of Fev is a win is actually saying " I think not playing in finals or being competitive is a win " & anyone who agree's with the above quoted post is living in Noddy land.
* Losing Fev is a disaster , 4 time Coleman medallist & the new " prez
gets rid of him - smart !
* Henderson can hardly stay on his feet before even getting to the
contest & will never ever win a Coleman medal !
* Lucas the next Judd , just like Kevin Rudd is the next Messiah :D
* Betts & Yarran will be better without Fev - who are they going
crumb the ball from , not Henderson he is lying on the ground
Waite is too busy sniping 2nd game teenagers , personally I 'd
just like to seee the pair get more than a dozen kicks between
them.
* Waite > Fev , now you were drinking when you added that right ?
Waite the stay back , don't lead , don't present just try take a speccy
all the time.I know who I would pick in my team to kick a gaol from a
slight angle 55 metres out don't you ?
* Austin the new Waite , lets see Austin you mean the fella that has not
graced the football ground at all this year , right ?
I said last year as soon as that idiot president released Fev that Carlton would not make the finals this year - & they won't.Is he going to stand up just as tough then & accept the blame ?

BBJ

Greetings to you

I have read these forums for awhile now & upon seeing this thread just had to reply , especially in light of Carlton's recent non showings.
Anyone who actually thinks that getting rid of Fev is a win is actually saying " I think not playing in finals or being competitive is a win " & anyone who agree's with the above quoted post is living in Noddy land.
* Losing Fev is a disaster , 4 time Coleman medallist & the new " prez
gets rid of him - smart !
* Henderson can hardly stay on his feet before even getting to the
contest & will never ever win a Coleman medal !
* Lucas the next Judd , just like Kevin Rudd is the next Messiah :D
* Betts & Yarran will be better without Fev - who are they going
crumb the ball from , not Henderson he is lying on the ground
Waite is too busy sniping 2nd game teenagers , personally I 'd
just like to seee the pair get more than a dozen kicks between
them.
* Waite > Fev , now you were drinking when you added that right ?
Waite the stay back , don't lead , don't present just try take a speccy
all the time.I know who I would pick in my team to kick a gaol from a
slight angle 55 metres out don't you ?
* Austin the new Waite , lets see Austin you mean the fella that has not
graced the football ground at all this year , right ?
I said last year as soon as that idiot president released Fev that Carlton would not make the finals this year - & they won't.Is he going to stand up just as tough then & accept the blame ?

BBJ

Welcome aboard and good to see you weighing in with some content. My post was meant to be sarcastic. A lot of posters on here think crazily. While Fev was a Blue..he was a+...when he is not a blue he is a useless twat...the real answer is that he was somewhere in the middle but between the devout and the idiots, they only post and accept one of these extemes and for mine, ignore reality.

The trade was always a loss in the short term and a great win for us in the long term. I doubt we'd ever win a flag with Fev in it. I do believe we have 'chance' with Hendo/Lucas going fwd.

Unlike others....i dont think we'll get there for another 2 years at least. Too many holes.

As for your post...give Hendo another 12+ months and rmeember Fev was no better than Hendo at same age. As for the others, ignore my sarcastic remarks.

OK BG 2011 I'll accept that but I'm sure we can all remmeber when a young kid wearing the famous # 25 on his back in his 1st outing ( for many of us at least ) it was the millenium match v that other team.
What a performance it was but ofcourse it wasn't a real game so it didn't count.Fev then spent the next 2 yrs (?) in the reserves learning the games finer points.Many players do not do that these days as we know, since the abolition of the reserves & almagamating the once VFA into the now VFL the competition is not as strong & the talent is sparse.
Maybe Henderson ( & a few others too ) would have benefited by having the reserves still around.
He is determined I can see that but just looks out of his depth a little atm.
Time will tell i guess.

BBJ

So are you LP or BBJ?

LOL, thankyou for pointing that out to me Sin , I am a member of a blues guitar forum ( thats blues as in the genre not blues as in Carlton FC ) & as you saw my name there is LP.I have such a habit of signing off with LP now I'm doing it everywhere almost did it on a medicare form the other day.
Thanks again mate :thumbsu:

BBJ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's get some perspective here.

Fevola was an old fashioned 80's style FF. Tony Lockett lite, if you will. When he isn't Kicking goals he offers nothing to the team, and he needs to kick a minimum 3-4 goals to just pull his weight. His success as a goal kicker never really translated to Carlton's success. That's because for as many as he kicked he was simply taking away goals that others should have kicked, because his style demands such an old fashioned style of play. It's crazy that Jack Riewoldt who is in the same position has passed him so quickly. Carlton DEFINITELY won the trade. Short and Long term, not that people really care about the long term at all they just want results now.

That said I always hated that overrated embarrassing spud Fevola

IMO Henderson will be one of our top 6 players by 2012. Just needs a couple more pre-seasons to build the tank so that he can compete for a whole game. very happy with the Fev v Hendo/Lucas swap.

That whole trade week was bizarre. Remember being shocked when we somehow landed Hendo plus a first round pick from nowhere on the last trade day. Before that we were apparently going to take Bradshaw and some ordinary midfielder who would have been stuck in the 2's clogging our list. As soon as Voss sent Bradshaw down to us, Swan got the leverage in this trade he so badly needed. From that point on Bradshaw was never going to play for the Lions again, and therefore Voss NEEDED Fev, and that ultimately forced him to pay up big on the last day. Swan completely outsmarted Voss in trade week. Will go down as one of the best negotiation efforts of the decade. Brilliant.

Rischatelli and Bradshaw or Henderson and Lucas?

****ing win.

Enormous win.

I am still lost for words when I think about the fact that we agreed to the first trade.

Thank **** the Brisbane duo said no at the time, they saved us from a **** up of epic proportions.

Bradshaw and Rischitelli is a far inferior duo to Henderson and Lucas for us now and in the future.

Enormous win.

I am still lost for words when I think about the fact that we agreed to the first trade.

With you 100%.

The fact we would even consider the first trade shows either how much we wanted him gone, or a serious **** up (averted at the last minute) by our recruiters or both.

Ill forever have a soft spot for Rischatelli for saying no.

That whole trade week was bizarre. Remember being shocked when we somehow landed Hendo plus a first round pick from nowhere on the last trade day. Before that we were apparently going to take Bradshaw and some ordinary midfielder who would have been stuck in the 2's clogging our list. As soon as Voss sent Bradshaw down to us, Swan got the leverage in this trade he so badly needed. From that point on Bradshaw was never going to play for the Lions again, and therefore Voss NEEDED Fev, and that ultimately forced him to pay up big on the last day. Swan completely outsmarted Voss in trade week. Will go down as one of the best negotiation efforts of the decade. Brilliant.

This. :thumbsu: Fantastic insight that I had not previously considered. In retrospect absolutely crystal, but to be able to leverage that understanding in what was a ticking clock with time rapidly running out, and when you consider Voss would have thought he had us on toast because we would have delisted him had we not had a trade, any trade for him, then all the more a stroke of negotiating genius by Swann.

A win for the Blues from day 1 (except for the members that had s..t in their pants and did not renew)

A quality 18 y.o. mid and a great 20 y.o. key position prospect for a grubby fat old man.
What were Brisbane thinking? :confused:

A look at their board will tell you what their thinking now almost hard to be unsympathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back