Eddie McGuire - What Do You Say Now ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t beat AFL/VFL for hypocrisy. Ben Hart was suspended for 6 weeks for COVID rules breach ...only a financial penalty to club for head coach and assistant coach doing the same when we are so further advanced in COVID behaviour
To be fair, that was a deal where Hart took a heavy fall so the players could get away free, surely?

Its a joke that Buckley and Sanderson weren't sacked on the spot. They jeopardised the entire season.
Pathetic response by the AFL.

The weak punishments for breaching isolation and quarantine is why Victoria has such a huge problem.

Depending on when it was Collingwood were probably out of quarantine so wouldn't have breached WA rules just the AFL's

Incorrect.
The AFL hub was only allowed based on the AFL clubs agreeing to follow strict criteria. Collingwood have not followed this criteria so it would be entirely reasonable for McGowan to deport the club.

I reckon he is proud of Buckley and Sanderson. They probably just used tennis racquets they are not normally used to and became disorientated from there..
Yeah they walked into the tennis court by accident, they actually were meant to go to a squash court with just the 2 of them

And half the fine suspended too. Joke.
No different to the other clubs that got fined. They had at least half their fines suspended as well. At least Buckley and Sanderson are going to personally pay their fines. Wonder if Trent and Brooke are going to do the same?

Can’t argue against Eddie looking absolutely stupid after (once again) shooting his mouth off about other clubs/players/connections misdemeanours. As soon as I saw his comments about sending transgressors home I knew this would come back to bite us on the arse.

This season He’s been even worse than normal with his outlandish public comments. Seems like he feels he has to be the spokesman for the AFL on every issue that crops up in this challenging season. I for one wish he would concentrate on being Collingwood president and just STFU about other clubs and any contentious issues.

No different to the other clubs that got fined. They had at least half their fines suspended as well. At least Buckley and Sanderson are going to personally pay their fines. Wonder if Trent and Brooke are going to do the same?

Can’t argue against Eddie looking absolutely stupid after (once again) shooting his mouth off about other clubs/players/connections misdemeanours. As soon as I saw his comments about sending transgressors home I knew this would come back to bite us on the arse.

This season He’s been even worse than normal with his outlandish public comments. Seems like he feels he has to be the spokesman for the AFL on every issue that crops up in this challenging season. I for one wish he would concentrate on being Collingwood president and just STFU about other clubs and any contentious issues.
Don’t worry I’m not singling out Collingwoods fines here, every fine should stand and both club and player/family members should have to pay big time. Its really the only way to get it through their thick skulls. The season and thousands of jobs hangs on a thread as it is and everyone is in this shit together, rich and poor.
The AFL busting their arses to bring us some footy, don’t go slashing fines for this crap then, it makes no sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B3B22445-D95D-415D-BE8E-75F29DBD579C.jpeg

I don't listen to his radio show and haven't watched The Footy Show since the 90s but I have to ask: what does McGuire bring to the table as a media personality, other than his self-perpetuating scandals? He's not funny, he's not charming, he's not charismatic. He seems to just get TV and radio gigs based on the fact he's been around forever and can create headlines, I guess? Surely if the only reason he's around is because he can talk footy, you'd be able to find hundreds of people who could do it at his level while also having a handful of wit, charm, tact or charisma? I'm not even the type of footy fan who hates Collingwood but, boy, it's hard to wish any success for them with this blowhard forever throwing his oar in where it doesn't belong and regularly making himself look like an utter drongo.

Please suspend him for the season so we can get a decent coach in to give the league's best list a chance of winning the flag

I don't listen to his radio show and haven't watched The Footy Show since the 90s but I have to ask: what does McGuire bring to the table as a media personality, other than his self-perpetuating scandals? He's not funny, he's not charming, he's not charismatic. He seems to just get TV and radio gigs based on the fact he's been around forever and can create headlines, I guess? Surely if the only reason he's around is because he can talk footy, you'd be able to find hundreds of people who could do it at his level while also having a handful of wit, charm, tact or charisma? I'm not even the type of footy fan who hates Collingwood but, boy, it's hard to wish any success for them with this blowhard forever throwing his oar in where it doesn't belong and regularly making himself look like an utter drongo.

As far as his television gigs are concerned, he gets the jobs because he owns the production company that makes the shows. JamTV i think it's called. He will never stop shooting his mouth off because that is where his bread is buttered.

Collingwood are in a pickle with him at their helm.

His friend Jonathon Brown publicly tried to tell him after the Sidey stuff that he is hurting Collingwood and that clubs need stability to win Premierships and not continual little circuses.

McGuire predictably never listened. His bread is buttered by controversy. It is his M.O.

Hypocrite and I reckon everyone who follows the game would know it by now. He also didn't mind mentioning Collingwood every few minutes during the NM v Crows broadcast today. A special was 2 or 3 minutes after Seedsman gets a kick he brings up how Seedsman's grandfather play 8 games for Collingwood. JD gave him a backhander, telling him no-one cares but spoiled it by adding "only joking". This was after mentioning Ed Richards (Bulldogs) is the grandson of former Collingwood player Ron Richards. No-one does care Big hEddie.

Never mind Eddie, how ******* stupid are Buckley and Sanderson?

I thought Bucks was one of the more cerebral coaches but evidently not. The entitlement from some of these people is breathtaking.

Follow the ******* rules.

Father Whateley will go into overdrive in defence of “one of his family” Nathan

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie McGuire - What Do You Say Now ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back