EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Maribynong too good against Tulla, cleaner and tougher, Kayrooz kicked another bag of 9 to take him second on the goal kickers list. All of Marbys recruits have been playing well. Kayrooz, Plowman, Searle and the returning Romensky has been huge,. Can’t see anyone beating them come finals time, they have about 6 -7 players who’ve had VFL/AFL experience, that will play a huge part when down the track and if they get promoted too.
If Marby get wins against the other 3 top 4 teams in last rounds they will be overwhelming flag favourites.

Maribynong too good against Tulla, cleaner and tougher, Kayrooz kicked another bag of 9 to take him second on the goal kickers list. All of Marbys recruits have been playing well. Kayrooz, Plowman, Searle and the returning Romensky has been huge,. Can’t see anyone beating them come finals time, they have about 6 -7 players who’ve had VFL/AFL experience, that will play a huge part when down the track and if they get promoted too.
They will need to be very, very good!!

love reading stuff like the elliott news. not everyone is driven by money or seeking flags with a group of blokes that arent your people. if roxy is home and he simply likes it there a its his happy place outside the grind of life then who is anyone else to judge.
Well said. I've worked at work places for more money and hated it. Moved to a job paying less but like the people and culture of the workplace..... same goes here. He could move for money and absolutely hate it. He can try to get his side up to premier, win a comp medal and hang out with mates. What else could you want?

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said. I've worked at work places for more money and hated it. Moved to a job paying less but like the people and culture of the workplace..... same goes here. He could move for money and absolutely hate it. He can try to get his side up to premier, win a comp medal and hang out with mates. What else could you want?

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Love his loyalty and commitment to his club. Speaks volumes of the bloke. You’d have to say he’d have been a big chance for the comp medal this year prior to injury, but that is surely a given in the next 1-2 seasons. So I really hope Roxy will push to open the window to win a premiership, as someone of his calibre should be testing himself in A grade whilst he’s in his prime

Not sure if you’re a Roxy person Couldnotplay but realistically in a team or as individual what will he achieve by staying there
Well, I assume he's won a flag there & is on track to be a Roxy legend, I'm not sure there's a lot more to do than going back to VFL footy..

Love his loyalty and commitment to his club. Speaks volumes of the bloke. You’d have to say he’d have been a big chance for the comp medal this year prior to injury, but that is surely a given in the next 1-2 seasons. So I really hope Roxy will push to open the window to win a premiership, as someone of his calibre should be testing himself in A grade whilst he’s in his prime
Well, I assume he's won a flag there & is on track to be a Roxy legend, I'm not sure there's a lot more to do than going back to VFL footy..
Both these comments kinda explain what I’m saying
He’s probably already well and truly a Roxy legend (young club not much history) but his calibre of player and potential staying there at Roxy and not going and testing himself is he denying himself possibly being an edfl legend by careers end?
I was just always taught as a young bloke many moons ago that you played the best you can while you can
I love his loyalty but I’d love to see him in a grade
A very very talented player

He’s probably already well and truly a Roxy legend (young club not much history) but his calibre of player and potential staying there at Roxy and not going and testing himself is he denying himself possibly being an edfl legend by careers end?
I was just always taught as a young bloke many moons ago that you played the best you can while you can

I was almost going to say that, he is an EDFL legend, which is pretty significant given I think he's only 26 still.

I get the A grade comment, but I don't think it's as prevalent today as in the past. Just be happy.

I was almost going to say that, he is an EDFL legend, which is pretty significant given I think he's only 26 still.

I get the A grade comment, but I don't think it's as prevalent today as in the past. Just be happy.
Not sure you can be rated that high until you test yourself at A grade. But I understand he loves Roxy, but he should move now for 2-3 seasons and test himself against the best. The is a massive jump in calibre of player from divy 1 to premier.

Not sure you can be rated that high until you test yourself at A grade. But I understand he loves Roxy, but he should move now for 2-3 seasons and test himself against the best. The is a massive jump in calibre of player from divy 1 to premier.
Yes agree and not many decent rucks In Div1 either. Sikora probably the best and his on his last year I guess. Wonder how he would go in premier. Still ok but not as dominant but his not overly tall either. But his around the ground work is outstanding..

Yes agree and not many decent rucks In Div1 either. Sikora probably the best and his on his last year I guess. Wonder how he would go in premier. Still ok but not as dominant but his not overly tall either. But his around the ground work is outstanding..
The guy can play what I have seen this year, but I’m not sure he would be as dominant in A grade. He isn’t a great overhead mark for a ruckman and doesn’t put himself long down the line for the high ball like all good ruckman do.

He plays ruck but plays like a mid, can’t do that in premier, other mids will be too quick on the spread.

He’s a great player in Div and maybe he knows that.

Disagree.
Jumping ship to say, Keilor would do little for his reputation.
It just aligns with the ring/prem chasing culture that seems to exist in sports.
I'm not involved in this comp but I know that he's held in the highest esteem by many already. Remaining loyal & striving to lift his own club will only add to that..

Disagree.
Jumping ship to say, Keilor would do little for his reputation.
It just aligns with the ring/prem chasing culture that seems to exist in sports.
I'm not involved in this comp but I know that he's held in the highest esteem by many already. Remaining loyal & striving to lift his own club will only add to that..
Finally some common sense. Can not believe how many opinions think he should move clubs, funny how much times have changed. Loyalty is an admirable trait that is getting rarer by the day in local footy.

why are we all suggesting we know whats best for a person. what we all choose to do, what drives and motivates us has nothing to do with anyone else. align with what you like feel and believe in and be safe happy and comfortable doing it. thats all i wish for everyone. going to another club for a standard or money or because your not willing to tough it out in a lesser resourced environment may suit some but that shouldnt mean those who arent up for it be thought of any less.

just be happy we all find a way to watch our kids, volunteer, play or administrate at whatever place or club it is that aligns in why we do it.
alignment may purely be personality based, or the amount of legs in toiler cubicles on game day or after hours, some guys refuse to go to clubs that are happy with the extra curricular stuff going on just as long as the particpants can play good footy.
so much more goes into our community choices than sstands of play and or money on offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back