EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edfl just released the fixture to the public. WOW tough run into finals for EK. Strathmore, Keilor, PV and Abbers are 4 of our last 5 games.

We all get a bye between finals and the final round too which i think is awesome.

Cant wait bring back footy!!!
You have to beat them all to win the GF, so you get to see where you are at against them before finals start.

Last edited:
Got to love when people start whinging about how tough a draw they have
Last I looked everyone plays everyone twice, home and away 🤣🤣🤣🤣
If you are good enough you will make finals and then if good enough win finals
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Maybe Bash should have said tough run to end the season. The way it’s worded implies EK are a lock to play finals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You have to beat them all to win the GF, so you get to see where you are at against them before finals start.

Yea agreed wasn’t complaining. Going to make it interesting for EK all the way to the last game, can’t complain. Will be good viewing as a fan

Got to love when people start whinging about how tough a draw they have
Last I looked everyone plays everyone twice, home and away 🤣🤣🤣🤣
If you are good enough you will make finals and then if good enough win finals
🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m sorry that your tiny brain can’t comprehend English. But never once did I complain. Said I can’t wait

I’m sorry that your tiny brain can’t comprehend English. But never once did I complain. Said I can’t wait

Bashen not quite sure where I mention you or EK, it’s not always about you or EK.
Had heard some clubs complaining about their tough draw
Hope your tiny brain can interpret this

Bashen not quite sure where I mention you or EK, it’s not always about you or EK.
Had heard some clubs complaining about their tough draw
Hope your tiny brain can interpret this

I’m the only person that mentioned the draw mate. Common sense says you were referring to me.

Back tracking though because you couldn’t read English in the first place

Maybe Thunder spoke to people outside of Big Footy about footy ... it is possible, y'know!
MortlockWatcher thanks mate. Have spoken to a few people at different clubs
Some have said tough draw in relation to amount of away games in a row as an example.

Like i have said to several people from different clubs, it all evens out, everyone plays each other twice, home and away and the best teams will make the finals

Just wish the league would expand finals from final 4 to final 5

Rauri and Dinny Clearly back to west coburg. They finished 1 & 2 in Avondales best and fairest. Massive outs for them.
Jonah horo, Tom Bavari & prowse brothers out of Marby 4 big outs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m sure the people at EK love the draw, to be the best you need to play and beat the best. The draw is fine, every team plays every side twice so what does it matter in any case.

G’day fellas Ive just started following along this again after a couple of years in the wilderness to save me scrolling through old posts can someone tell me who Strathmore have lost for this year?

G’day fellas Ive just started following along this again after a couple of years in the wilderness to save me scrolling through old posts can someone tell me who Strathmore have lost for this year?
At this stage O'Brien (2) knight O'Loughlin both retired jury (Williamstown) weightman (Coburg) . Regained Condon and Cavanagh.

When only five teams have won 16 of the last 18 premierships then you know the Premier division is the same as the EPL. The ones with money stay at the top and the rest are playing for nothing. Point and salary cap restrictions are only making it harder. Scrap them both!

When only five teams have won 16 of the last 18 premierships then you know the Premier division is the same as the EPL. The ones with money stay at the top and the rest are playing for nothing. Point and salary cap restrictions are only making it harder. Scrap them both!
Better solution. Reduce points for finalists. Say 4 point reduction for the premiers. Makes it harder to recruit 5-6 pointers the following year.

7 clubs have won premierships in 22 completed seasons from 1999 onwards. I reckon if you went back through the list of premiers for most 10 team comps since time immemorial, then that strike rate would compare very favourably.

On the one hand you say the wealthier clubs will always stay at the top under the current system. But then your solution to even up the comp is to scrap the salary cap and the points system. Won’t that just benefit the wealthier clubs even more than it supposedly does now?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back