EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't that at all. The issue is that clubs that want to raise up the ladder cannot do so as quickly as they used to due to cap restrictions. For example, Airport West has to inject better players into their squad just to stay in the Premier yet Strathmore (due to a long time in the Premier and well-established junior program) has the EXACT number of points to play with. AW might be able to squeeze in four to five new faces (depending on point value) but SM has potentially 22 as a base and 25 points of room to play with for 2023. It just restricts the ability to rise and be competitive for the lower teams and the top to stay strong.

Agreed, if I was in charge I’d scrap salary cap and then differing player points for each team based on their ladder position the previous year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It isn't that at all. The issue is that clubs that want to raise up the ladder cannot do so as quickly as they used to due to cap restrictions. For example, Airport West has to inject better players into their squad just to stay in the Premier yet Strathmore (due to a long time in the Premier and well-established junior program) has the EXACT number of points to play with. AW might be able to squeeze in four to five new faces (depending on point value) but SM has potentially 22 as a base and 25 points of room to play with for 2023. It just restricts the ability to rise and be competitive for the lower teams and the top to stay strong.

How many of the bottom sides played week in week out maxing out their points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at the points throughout finals though

Strathmore - 23 points
Abers - 37
Pascoe Vale - 36
Keilor - 30

Essentially all the finalist could recruit 3 EX AFL players and still fit within the points

Yep. And all the non 1 point players drop a point if they play this year. So basically allows another 4-5 pointer in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lets call it 3k a game... a min of 54k for a season. May not have got a sign on but his 'sign on' is in his weekly wage. Laughable really
Surely you’re pulling our leg however nothing surprises me. No one is worth that much and if it’s being offered it’s clearly saying come play for us purely for the $$. Would be a short meeting really. That’s definitely not how you build a club.

Surely you’re pulling our leg however nothing surprises me. No one is worth that much and if it’s being offered it’s clearly saying come play for us purely for the $$. Would be a short meeting really. That’s definitely not how you build a club.

Wouldn’t surprise me whatever he was on with EK recent history of offering massive overs for players, but if you are paying Ben Silvagni any more than $800-$900 a game you haven’t done diligence. Blokes a plodder at VFL level and will be fringe at best, he will be at EK more than most think but he won’t be any world beater!

Can someone tell me where does the president of EK get all this money from to put into east Keilor? I’ve heard somewhere he has a scaffold business? Or does he have another business we don’t know of??????

If you actually think he was serious and anyone getting 3k a game your deluded haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone tell me where does the president of EK get all this money from to put into east Keilor? I’ve heard somewhere he has a scaffold business? Or does he have another business we don’t know of??????

He is the manager of Taylor’s Lakes McDonald’s

In all seriousness have you not noticed the work he’s done off the field??? Since he has come along Ek went from having 5 signs around the ground to no room on either side of the fence.

Say what you all want, myself and ek faithful are all grateful for what he’s done to our club. Massive work off the field from Pat. Second to none in effort off the pitch.

Thirds and 19’s returning this year as his second year as President and aiming to build the female teams also. If you think his only intention is the senior list you are all deluded.

Last edited:
He is the manager of Taylor’s Lakes McDonald’s

In all seriousness have you not noticed the work he’s done off the field??? Since he has come along Ek went from having 5 signs around the ground to no room on either side of the fence.

Say what you all want, myself and ek faithful are all grateful for what he’s done to our club. Massive work off the field from Pat. Second to none in effort off the pitch.

Thirds and 19’s returning this year as his second year as President and aiming to build the female teams also. If you think his only intention is the senior list you are all deluded.

He has done a great job with the club and getting 18s and 3rds even the new gym would have cost him heaps, I guess you have to turn the money over somehow😜 let’s hope it doesn’t dry up anytime soon👀👀

He has done a great job with the club and getting 18s and 3rds even the new gym would have cost him heaps, I guess you have to turn the money over somehow😜 let’s hope it doesn’t dry up anytime soon👀👀
Good footy clubs don’t rely on one bloke, credit to the work the guy has put in. It’s tremendous for the community.

I’d say his biggest challenge from here is making the place sustainable - should he ever step down. So often we’ve seen clubs dwindle when one bloke leaves.

If ive ever read a KEYBOARD WARRIOR COMMENT your post is the one, I'd love to see you throw your stupid allegation to him face to face.

Very quiet from the likes of Marby, Avondale and Douttas which is worrying considering all teams seem to have lost a number of players.

Any decent practice matches coming up that anyone knows about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back