EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow. What a tremendous pack of keyboard warriors you are. Fancy targeting a bloke who has had well known mental health issues in the past and may well be dealing with them now. I have met both of the Daws and can assure you they are quality individuals and both played with true commitment and vigour in the reserves as recently as 9 days ago against Pascoe Vale. Majak was brilliant with the other reserves players providing guidance and encouragement. I know for a fact they lost their uncle the day before the Pascoe Vale game and whilst I believe Anthony didn't play on the weekend due to work committments the death of an uncle who I believe they lived with when they first arrived in Australia may have impacted them both immensely.

There not welcome in the WRFL
Deer Park are a joke welcome to the big league please go back to the WRFL that comp suits you

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We left the wrfl because we needed a challenge. If this years edfl is "the big league" then heaven help us. Deer Park have been very competitive despite losing two guns being Goater CHF & Bailey Morrish CHB on the eve of the season due to pursuing punting careers. Pascoe Vale & Aberfeldie were lucky to beat deer park in the past 2 matches.

We left the wrfl because we needed a challenge. If this years edfl is "the big league" then heaven help us. Deer Park have been very competitive despite losing two guns being Goater CHF & Bailey Morrish CHB on the eve of the season due to pursuing punting careers. Pascoe Vale & Aberfeldie were lucky to beat deer park in the past 2 matches.
We're back on that spiel again, the 2 big guns that left prior to the season AGAIN. Yes they left to pursue furthering their careers as we are constantly told by "the blow". All clubs had players leave prior to the start of the season but no other supporters on this forum even refer to that fact, or keep referring to it when their team receives another beating. Also to say that they were unlucky to lose their last 2 games (by 29 pts and 27 pts) leads me to believe that "the blow"was stuck in the canteen for most of these matches. Obviously premier division is not a challenge to Deer Park. Maybe they can join the VFL and get a real challenge!!!!!!

The wrfl is a basket case and the standard has diminished to the point of being an embarrassment to use the term Division 1.

The problem with pursuing higher and higher standards of footy is that not everybody can keep up, creating gaps and unevenness even with one grade of football. We see that in every Metro comp, including EDFL Premier.

With 5 rounds to go, EVERY team in D1 of the WFNL can still play finals.

I'd rather watch competitive football

We're back on that spiel again, the 2 big guns that left prior to the season AGAIN. Yes they left to pursue furthering their careers as we are constantly told by "the blow". All clubs had players leave prior to the start of the season but no other supporters on this forum even refer to that fact, or keep referring to it when their team receives another beating. Also to say that they were unlucky to lose their last 2 games (by 29 pts and 27 pts) leads me to believe that "the blow"was stuck in the canteen for most of these matches. Obviously premier division is not a challenge to Deer Park. Maybe they can join the VFL and get a real challenge!!!!!!
I was unable to watch the DP game on the weekend, but the Pascoe Vale game I was watching alongside some diehard Pacco supporter's, It was a decent game and not having a bench in the last quarter cost DP dearly. Even the Pacco faithful said they got out of jail. Lucky in the end.
Yes, we have been below our expectations in 2024, but like everyone likes to remind us, this is the PREMIRE division, not division 1, we've had a taste and will be back stronger and more competitive in 2025. Come grand final day, everyone, besides Keilor, will be in the same boat playing a year of footy without winning any silverware. Thinking how you compete against the elite.
To all the DP haters, we're here to stay.

SWOOPINGTIME

Hold on unlucky to lose to Abers and Pascoe vale ? Are you kidding ? Just because it might have been a ‘good team effort’ doesn’t mean you were unlucky to lose…

You lost to an Abers side without
Brown, hotchkin, Newman, peters, Currie, ktona, Martin, Weber when those guys played in round 6 you lost by 120+

Pascoe Vale doubled your scoring shots.
38-19. You were lucky it was 29 points
Had they kicked straight you’d have lost by 70 plus.

Your second last with a percentage of 65, with a reserves side last with a percentage of 10.
I think the talking has to stop.

Hold on unlucky to lose to Abers and Pascoe vale ? Are you kidding ? Just because it might have been a ‘good team effort’ doesn’t mean you were unlucky to lose…

You lost to an Abers side without
Brown, hotchkin, Newman, peters, Currie, ktona, Martin, Weber when those guys played in round 6 you lost by 120+

Pascoe Vale doubled your scoring shots.
38-19. You were lucky it was 29 points
Had they kicked straight you’d have lost by 70 plus.

Your second last with a percentage of 65, with a reserves side last with a percentage of 10.
I think the talking has to stop.
You can have the rest of the day off :D

Who is the most underperforming team so far this season from expectations?

East Kelior with the only coach in the league who pays the clubs to let him pretend has to be at the top of the list.
  1. Deer Park (all the gear and no idea)
  2. East Keilor (game plan he said) still waiting
  3. Avondale Heights (new coach, new recruits, new committee) same old

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy is an imbecile

after what the club has had to endure in recent seasons - Do you mean paying well overs for players last 4 years and members letting 1 bloke(with all the money) run the club how he sees fit and then leaving on mass? Please explain?

1. Deer Park (all the gear and no idea)
  2. East Keilor (game plan he said) still waiting
  3. Avondale Heights (new coach, new recruits, new committee) same old
East Keilors coaching appears to be abusing your own players from the sideline while wearing a tshirt that's 2 sizes to small and smoking a cigarette. If you didn't know you'd think he was a spectator that's jumped the fence. They are doomed as long as he is calling the shots. Their ladder position proves it.

I wouldn't say Avo Heights.
They were the relegation favourites to begin with.
Think you'll find DS were relegation favs before the season started(like they were last year)... Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of AH but from the results this year it's time to go down and rebuild. EK will follow them next year

Think you'll find DS were relegation favs before the season started(like they were last year)... Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of AH but from the results this year it's time to go down and rebuild. EK will follow them next year
AH will not come back to Premier for a long time.

Wow. What a tremendous pack of keyboard warriors you are. Fancy targeting a bloke who has had well known mental health issues in the past and may well be dealing with them now. I have met both of the Daws and can assure you they are quality individuals and both played with true commitment and vigour in the reserves as recently as 9 days ago against Pascoe Vale. Majak was brilliant with the other reserves players providing guidance and encouragement. I know for a fact they lost their uncle the day before the Pascoe Vale game and whilst I believe Anthony didn't play on the weekend due to work committments the death of an uncle who I believe they lived with when they first arrived in Australia may have impacted them both immensely.
Hey mate, unfortunately all that said the Daw’s won’t be at Deer Park next year. Heard the 2nd game he played he rolled up intoxicated and appeared to have had no sleep. Was noticed in the warm up. Leadership group not wearing that behaviour.
I think Deer Park would admit the decision has not worked out unfortunately and they lost a lot of $$$ they won’t get back..

Hey mate, unfortunately all that said the Daw’s won’t be at Deer Park next year. Heard the 2nd game he played he rolled up intoxicated and appeared to have had no sleep. Was noticed in the warm up. Leadership group not wearing that behaviour.
I think Deer Park would admit the decision has not worked out unfortunately and they lost a lot of $$$ they won’t get back..
Wow so looks like hes doing well then

The fact Deer Park kept him around after he turned up pissed to Windy Hill to play Strathmore, and continue to pay him massive cash to roll out every week says everything you need to know about the club.

They are going nowhere and never will. Play on max points already, have a reserves squad that’s more like a Thirds set up and no 18’s. Even under a professional setup and junior investment they would be a decade away from sustained success. Would be a rude shock for them after thinking they would come over and have instant success

The fact Deer Park kept him around after he turned up pissed to Windy Hill to play Strathmore, and continue to pay him massive cash to roll out every week says everything you need to know about the club.

They are going nowhere and never will. Play on max points already, have a reserves squad that’s more like a Thirds set up and no 18’s. Even under a professional setup and junior investment they would be a decade away from sustained success. Would be a rude shock for them after thinking they would come over and have instant success
Buyer beware in future but I'm sure some gullible club will turn a blind eye and pay well and truly overs

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back